Taron Egerton Reveals Talks With Marvel About Taking On Wolverine

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps

Taron Egerton has revealed that he has been in talks with Kevin Feige and other Marvel Studio executives about taking on the role of Wolverine, previously brought to screen by Hugh Jackman.

The Rocketman star told The New York Times about his desire to pick up the baton from Jackman and play the character central to both the X-Men and Avengers franchises.

Egerton said: “I don’t think it would be wrong to say that. I’d be excited but I’d be apprehensive as well, because Hugh is so associated with the role that I’d wonder if it’d be very difficult for someone else to do it.

“But hopefully if it does come around, they’ll give me a shot

Egerton, who got his big break in Matthew Vaughn’s Kingsman: The Secret Service in 2014, has previously co-starred with Jackman in 2016’s Eddie the Eagle and as a member of the X-Men in 2017’s Logan.

The British actor will appear next in Apple TV+ drama Black Bird, to debut on July 8. He plays an imprisoned drug dealer in the six-episode series adapted by Dennis Lehane from the prison memoir of James Keene. Egerton’s character faces the offer of a commuted sentence if he is able to convince his fellow inmate to admit to serious crimes.

He recently appeared on stage in London’s West End in the play Cock but was forced to pull out of the show citing personal reasons when a family member became ill. He had previously collapsed on stage on the first night and later been diagnosed with Covid-19

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Ever since I saw this pic of him I thought he would be perfect for the role. He's also 5'9...not as short as wolverine should be but i think it would work

DMcUab4W4AIux3F.jpg

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I wish there was like some sort of try out thing cuz id be a legendary wolverine. That kid is too skinny. Wolverine needs to be a stocky neanderthal looking muh fuh; i liked hugh but i dont need another pretty boy representation of the character. We need raw animalistic berserker brutality this time.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I wish there was like some sort of try out thing cuz id be a legendary wolverine. That kid is too skinny. Wolverine needs to be a stocky neanderthal looking muh fuh; i liked hugh but i dont need another pretty boy representation of the character. We need raw animalistic berserker brutality this time.
You a Neanderthal?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Did these goofies not learn nuffin from why the jack kirby movie failed.
You can not cast no androgynous pagan nuffin in superhero properties. Especially in the role of wolverine. They better start paying Jackman to show up as wolvie.

As they already dc'd themselves by killing off ironman and cap.
Plus because like i said they should have cast denzel son as black panther.
Plus never killed tchaka. Instead disney did what they always do. Kill off father figures on their dumb lion king never made a dollar during the real male toys era bs.
Plus were so stoopid they should have never brought back spidey for sony as well.
Instead they made the mcu into dc comics in the nineties.
Where moving forward until they fix at least captain america being present.
The marvel universe will have issue moving forward that dc comics has and still has.

If you miscast wolverine.

You are compounding the issue and continuing to remake the issues marvel has had since the image guys left.

Art Barr

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Ever since I saw this pic of him I thought he would be perfect for the role. He's also 5'9...not as short as wolverine should be but i think it would work

DMcUab4W4AIux3F.jpg

I dunno how good his american accent is, but he looks the part. most of these brits can effortlessly pull off an american accent tho.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Did these goofies not learn nuffin from why the jack kirby movie failed.
You can not cast no androgynous pagan nuffin in superhero properties. Especially in the role of wolverine. They better start paying Jackman to show up as wolvie.

As they already dc'd themselves by killing off ironman and cap.
Plus because like i said they should have cast denzel son as black panther.
Plus never killed tchaka. Instead disney did what they always do. Kill off father figures on their dumb lion king never made a dollar during the real male toys era bs.
Plus were so stoopid they should have never brought back spidey for sony as well.
Instead they made the mcu into dc comics in the nineties.
Where moving forward until they fix at least captain america being present.
The marvel universe will have issue moving forward that dc comics has and still has.

If you miscast wolverine.

You are compounding the issue and continuing to remake the issues marvel has had since the image guys left.

Art Barr
Yup

Sadly the only actor i see with wolverines look is tom hardy. He has the facial structure and the body type for it. I noticed it watching lawless. Obviously hes a great actor as well. The only britt id allow to be him.

PRI_123726179.jpg

Edgergon is shiah size and look how mucj stockier and broad shouldered tom is compared to shiah. Hes not tall either. You need that look to play off cyclopse being tall and lean. That neanderthal look is part why jean is into him as its total 180 from the cyke look. Taylor edgerton dont got that idc how much muscle he put on; his frame aint right.

Tom is the perfect eddie brock too which is what it is (movies being sony fukked it) but he woulda been the best wolverine imo.