TDE Punch throws shots at Summer Walker :pachaha:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you picked shyt going back almost a decade and on top of that picked a bunch of one hit (if that) wonders other than MIA :heh:

everyone (male and female) got shorter careers these days, people don't care about music/artists the same as they did in the past and a bunch of artists are only as talented as they wave they rode in on, once that style is dead so is their career.

Alright then can you name the women with huge buzz and hits that stuck around?

Because prior to that women that were BIG hits, Eve's, lil Kim's, missy, tlc, aaliyah, destiny child, didn't drop a banger then fall off the face of the Earth.

Now it's like 1 year 2 tops and then nothing. Even gangsta boo, Nelly furtado lasted longer than any of these new big women acts.

I'm not saying dudes don't come and go just as fast if not quicker. I'm just saying welcome to the club of getting pumped and dumped ladies.

Most men that are big hits usually have a 2-3 year run unless it's just a hot track that caught buzz.

Like young MIA was being super hyped up about a year or so ago, HUGE hit song.... Just released a very solid album and it's crickets.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
breh, there have just been more men in (urban) music for the past decade in general, and plenty of them are flaming out just as fast (or getting themselves locked up) - fetty wap ran 2015....*silence* lil yachty and uzi were a thing in 2016 (or 17, forgot which year) *silence*...august alsina had hoes going nuts....for all of a year...rae sremmurd had a top 10 hit in black beatles and clearly have fallen from those highs...

it may be more pronounce because female artists have struggled in general for the past decade which was really hip hop focused, so any female who "fails" represents a larger percent, but dudes been flaming out quick too. there was just a thread here talking about how nikkas is already over dababy :heh:
Eh Rae just had to big hits last year with powerglide and perplexing Pegasus.

That's a good 3 to 4 year run right there.

Feddy wap, Yachty and Uzi...:mjlol: I think people know a gimmick when they hear it low-key.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Eh Rae just had to big hits last year with powerglide and perplexing Pegasus.

That's a good 3 to 4 year run right there.

Feddy wap, Yachty and Uzi...:mjlol: I think people know a gimmick when they hear it low-key.
Power glide was the one hit to surface from a damn double album, you gonna compare that to the multiple hits they had on their first two?

And lol @ calling people gimmicks after listing the women you listed :rudy:

Daps
Why is he getting into a numbers game when he clearly lost? So what happens next SZA album and it doesn't top 60k or even summer walkers numbers? he shoulda never said anything..

well they were talking about debuts (not follow up albums) and sza got like 10 plaques from hers (almost every song on her record has gone platinum or gold).... so far he didn't lose the numbers game lol. what is summer's second week? will she have a platinum record or another gold single? will she perform/nominated on grammies and gap commercials? i think that's what he meant by LVRN made up a stat, but in reality the overall "debut" is yet to be seen.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I haven't heard any of these girls albums besides their single. SZA wins cause she cuter :mjgrin:
I'm check their albums so I can join this debate. "Ur" song is chill af

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Punch is just actually in love with SZA, so he’d do anything to defend her honor.

Simp shyt.

SlurRty

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NJ x NYC
well they were talking about debuts (not follow up albums) and sza got like 10 plaques from hers (almost every song on her record has gone platinum or gold).... so far he didn't lose the numbers game lol. what is summer's second week? will she have a platinum record or another gold single? will she perform/nominated on grammies and gap commercials? i think that's what he meant by LVRN made up a stat, but in reality the overall "debut" is yet to be seen.

sza did like 70k first week.. summer did like 130 first week.. she's allowed to revel in that.. i mean who wouldn't .. punch is coming off haterish for no reason. let summer cook. her accolades doesn't shade sza in anyway ..

Daps
sza did like 70k first week.. summer did like 130 first week.. she's allowed to revel in that.. i mean who wouldn't .. punch is coming off haterish for no reason. let summer cook. her accolades doesn't shade sza in anyway ..

i dont think you can be a hater when you just stating facts. i dont know anybody who considers first week sales as a full "debut". they usually consider how the album did overall.

overall sza has like 10 plaques off her debut and so far summer has 1 :yeshrug:
which do you think lvrn would really prefer, lol

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
I have been saying for years that TDE is the most miserable label in music. No one is happy over there

Top Dawg is always talking shyt and threatening to his own artists. Not releasing a Black Hippy album in 13-14 when the iron was scorching hot and the streets were begging is one of the dumbest missteps by a Label Head in hip hop history.

Punch fake tough guy act is a big contrast to all the :wrist:behavior he acts on Twitter and other social media

Ab Soul is always confused and depressed about releasing new music. He never knows what the hell is going on with his own career.

SBQ supposed to be this Super Hoover but really on some:mjpls: with his black fans since blank face. I lost a lot of respect for Q in past 2 years

The B teamers like Isaiah are disrespectfully treated like a unwanted burdens just for wanting a chance to shine.

SZA went from a creative unique artist to ushering in whiny hoe babble female R&B and fukked her way to promotion and a push. All it cost was her voice :mjcry:

You can tell Kendrick is only tolerating this shyt until his contract is up:sas2:

Jay Rock is a stand up guy and they take advantage of his loyalty as weakness

You corny for writing a paragraph purely based off of assumption and speculation

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Whiny ho babble is exactly how I would describe this generation of female R&B. Some of it I like, some of it I dont. But they all have a general theme of ridiculous twitter-inspired ho ranting mumble melodic whispering

The music sounds good but their content is horrible. I can't listen to most of it. I feel like I'm co-signing bird brain activity

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I've never seen his name in anything other than him throwing shots at someone on twitter. If I didn't know who it was I would, based on the Coli threads about him, think that he was some type of new disturbed Azelia Banks type of 9 year old girl.

These passive aggressive tweets:francis:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
You corny for writing a paragraph purely based off of assumption and speculation
We're talking about celebrities here, one has to make assumptions and speculate about shyt based on what they or others say. Unless you are tapping their phone and even then you still have to speculate and assume that what they are saying is true, that they meant it or whatever.