TDE Punch throws shots at Summer Walker :pachaha:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
rich coming from a label that loves that sort of stuff when it comes to hyping up Kendricks critical acclaim.
"did you know that Kendrick Lamar has two albums in metacritics best reviewed albums list ?"
Bruh hates the taste of his own medicine

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Never heard Summer until I was listening to the radio today. Heard a fake SZA, googled the lyrics and there she was.

I can see why Punch would be mad.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
@L&HH

I'll give you an example, when Drakes scorpion dropped songs from the Album were placed on all kinds of playlists. The Scandinavian sounds playlist on Spotify had scorpion tracks for some reason.

So if your in your park jogging listening to Scandinavian music in that playlist not giving a fukk about this nikka drake and his song for some reason comes on next, you get your phone out and skip it but guess what it still counts. If that happens 1500 times that's an album sale for Drake. How many people do you think listen to Scandinavian music and would have banged on that playlist?

You see how streams are manipulated to boost sales figures.
But weren’t labels doing similar shady tactics back in the day when they were straight up buying albums? Also Master P was gaming the system with his barcode scheme.

My main beef is how you guys try to make these pumped up sales schemes to be some modern day stuff when labels been doing that way back in the day before the digital era.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

SZA isn't better, you're mad af, just like Punch
:umad:

:noah:

Nobody is saying that Summer is the GOAT singer, but she is going to do better than SZA, because her live performances aren't completely TRASH like SZA. fukk SZA breh, I'll never forget coppin' two tickets for myself and my wife to that TDE concert last year, and this trick misses the show because ummm, who the fukk knows why?

:camby:

The Best R&B Artist on TDE is SiR and he doesn't take 5 years to put shyt out. lol @ my nikka SiR putting out 2 great albums after CTRL and people think TDE politics or cycle is holding SZA back, nah, she's prolly got a terrible work ethic and it's well documented that she's an awful performer

Sza is one of those "perfectionist" artists who'll keep delaying their album to make it right.

Which is why TDE took her hard drive and put the album together and out themselves, they got tired of her bullshytting with that perfectionist stuff.

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But weren’t labels doing similar shady tactics back in the day when they were straight up buying albums? Also Master P was gaming the system with his barcode scheme.

My main beef is how you guys try to make these pumped up sales schemes to be some modern day stuff when labels been doing that way back in the day before the digital era.

What you talking about? when did I ever say that labels didn't try pump up sales figures before? Stop putting words in my mouth. Yes they pumped up sales figures before but that is before and this is now, I'm concerned about how sales figures are heavily manipulated now with the aid of fake sales through streams. You copping so many excuses it's unbelievable

JOHN.KOOL

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn’t all of that photoshopped?

And if it wasn’t, why waste that on Drake who is going to sell a lot and not do it for every other artist that needs help

fukk sake, again you people don't fukking think at all.

JOHN.KOOL

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It takes like 1500 streams to get ONE fukking sale stop complaining about the shyt it’s not easy to sell lots of records today

I know that because all the shorties on my social media post different songs on their stories

Which means you know what the shorties on your social media are listening to and nothing else. The girls on your social media don't represent the entire music market and it doesn't mean the entire album is being digested by people.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dej loaf
Iggy azalea
Azealia banks
Lil mama
M.I.A
Kreyshawn
Tink

And that's just off the top....

Also I'm not saying they don't make music at all anymore but all those chicks either had HUGE buzz or a huge like 1 year run at one point.

Then they all pretty much go low-key or disappear almost.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Yes it is, if 150 people stream the same single tune 10 timea each that's an album sale. If those same 150 people stream the same song 100 times each that's 10 album sales off streaming ONE Song.

It is faaaar from rare for a person to stream a single song 1000 times let alone 100.

Besides I personally have songs I have played more than 1500 times. You forget if you have your ting on shuffle and a song comes on and you skip it after 5 seconds it still counts.

The thing about streaming though is it requires more effort to account for less reward. Playing a song 1500 times is one album sale, whereas buying one album is...one album sale. It's easier to buy the album to support sales directly. Streams count after 30 seconds, so if you really wanted to try to game the system you would have to clip songs at the 31 second mark and replay them for 13 hours just to count for one album sale. That's not a feasible tactic at all. If those same 150 people that streamed the same song 100 times just bought the album twice, that's 300 album sales vs 10 for them all playing a song 100 times(not to mention how much time that would take). Yeah its crazy that one song being played enough will account for an album sale, but the work that has to go behind it is completely fukked lmao.

To do a little more math...Lets say an artist did 140k with only 10k pure album sales...That would mean they would have had 195 million streams. Your music is potentially played 200 million times in a week and you not even sniffing gold????? Insanity...and you're getting pennies from the streaming platforms on top of that...AND the worst part is streaming platforms aren't always going to share all the analytics behind song breakdowns by location to make touring easier to plan for. Yeah nah. That's fukkin' wild.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Dej loaf
Iggy azalea
Azealia banks
Lil mama
M.I.A
Kreyshawn
Tink

And that's just off the top....

Also I'm not saying they don't make music at all anymore but all those chicks either had HUGE buzz or a huge like 1 year run at one point.

Then they all pretty much go low-key or disappear almost.

other than Tink none of them are R&B singers and Tink never had huge buzz

Azelia Banks never had buzz

Lil Mama is ancient at this point

the other two are white women and MIA went crazy or some shyt

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I have been saying for years that TDE is the most miserable label in music. No one is happy over there

Top Dawg is always talking shyt and threatening to his own artists. Not releasing a Black Hippy album in 13-14 when the iron was scorching hot and the streets were begging is one of the dumbest missteps by a Label Head in hip hop history.

Punch fake tough guy act is a big contrast to all the :wrist:behavior he acts on Twitter and other social media

Ab Soul is always confused and depressed about releasing new music. He never knows what the hell is going on with his own career.

SBQ supposed to be this Super Hoover but really on some:mjpls: with his black fans since blank face. I lost a lot of respect for Q in past 2 years

The B teamers like Isaiah are disrespectfully treated like a unwanted burdens just for wanting a chance to shine.

SZA went from a creative unique artist to ushering in whiny hoe babble female R&B and fukked her way to promotion and a push. All it cost was her voice :mjcry:

You can tell Kendrick is only tolerating this shyt until his contract is up:sas2:

Jay Rock is a stand up guy and they take advantage of his loyalty as weakness

Agreed. TDE seems like a weird place to be signed atm. Ab Soul never really recovered from his gf committing suicide imo and got caught up with hoes. Seems like he lost the will to rap fr. It turns out Schoolboy Q is actually a shytty person irl and it’s not just a rap persona, makes me wonder if old songs like ‘Blessed’ were entirely engineered by Kendrick or if fame made Q bitter (it seems like it has). Jay Rock had a huge hit with ‘Win’ and still didn’t get the push he deserved from the label, he’s definitely loyal to a fault and perpetually waiting for them to invest in him. The B side genre artists like Isaiah and Sir also can’t get the shine they deserve because Kendrick and SZA are the golden geese of TDE (Sir is doing his best tho). But SZA has emotional problems and it will definitely be harder for them to roll out her sophomore album now that Summer Walker is firmly in her lane in terms of her look/appearance, sound, and subject matter. Somebody mentioned Summer not having a hit but the fact that Summer’s album is doing this well WITHOUT a hit is pretty impressive. Jhené annoying ass is on the album, instead of hating they should’ve tried to get SZA on there, too.