TDE Punch throws shots at Summer Walker :pachaha:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Lemonade, for all its hype, didn’t sell more than Beyoncé, and who care they weren’t solo albums. That bey jayz album was a huge flop no matter how you cut it. And that soundtrack or whatever album didn’t even make the average person’s conversation...I still haven’t listened to it so I can’t judge what she was going for. But yes, bey is no longer in that major sales phase of her career, which is fine, she’s getting to the point where she makes money and tours off the past heights of her career.
Lemonade was a Tidal exclusive until the release of the Netflix movie so we can’t judge those sales

EIL and the Lion King soundtrack we’re both huge flops

in 2018 Future dropped the Superfly Sountrack, Beastmode 2, world on drugs and Kolorblind

All flops and none of them had any hits. The Stans were saying the reason was because these weren’t real Future solo projects and when he really drops one the hype will be there

2019 comes bad Future releases two Solo projects that both flop, produce no hits and prove his mainstream impact is over

we won’t truly know until Beyonce releases her next project but I have feeling Beyonce is on a downward trend
@Killmonger what are your thoughts?

Daps
Lemonade was a Tidal exclusive until the release of the Netflix movie so we can’t judge those sales

EIL and the Lion King soundtrack we’re both huge flops

in 2018 Future dropped the Superfly Sountrack, Beastmode 2, world on drugs and Kolorblind

All flops and none of them had any hits. The Stans were saying the reason was because these weren’t real Future solo projects and when he really drops one the hype will be there

2019 comes bad Future releases two Solo projects that both flop, produce no hits and prove his mainstream impact is over

we won’t truly know until Beyonce releases her next project but I have feeling Beyonce is on a downward trend
@Killmonger what are your thoughts?

She’s reached her peak already, nobody becomes more famous or a bigger artist at 40.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
She’s reached her peak already, nobody becomes more famous or a bigger artist at 40.
She’s most definitely peaked. I’m not arguing is she getting bigger

I’m saying will her next album be considered a flop or a success

the reaction to EIL was troubling. That’s a great project and no one cared

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
@ISO what should be happening is streams from a particular account with Spotify or apple music etc Should only count for ONE sale. Once you have accumulated a sale through streams anymore streams via that account shouldn't count to any more sales, unless you actually put your card information in and pay for the album. If you actually pay money for the album then it can count for as many sales as relevant, as long as you paid for the album or single each time, but streams should only count once per account.
What you’re saying isn’t really a problem. It takes 1500 streams to count as an album sale. No single person is running up the streaming numbers like you think

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What you’re saying isn’t really a problem. It takes 1500 streams to count as an album sale. No single person is running up the streaming numbers like you think

Yes it is, if 150 people stream the same single tune 10 timea each that's an album sale. If those same 150 people stream the same song 100 times each that's 10 album sales off streaming ONE Song.

It is faaaar from rare for a person to stream a single song 1000 times let alone 100.

Besides I personally have songs I have played more than 1500 times. You forget if you have your ting on shuffle and a song comes on and you skip it after 5 seconds it still counts.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
This is the new normal. People are ok with these false accolades when it’s people they like, but it’s not cool when it’s people they don’t like.
Spot on!

Sidenote, who are some of these people? I don't remember dudes being big into womens RnB outside of the real transcendent artists.....whos summer walker and whos sza? What lane do they have?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
It doesn't matter whether streaming is the 'game' now or not streaming is not sales.

If ONE song is streamed enough times it will count as a whole album sale, that's bullshyt. If I actually bought an album physical I could play it a million times, I only bought it once so it only counts as one sale. With streams the same person streaming the same song will keep accumulating new sales for that single and album, that's bullshyt
It's this generation mannnnnnnnnnnn!

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
The weird thing is that Summer is on Interscope AND MixedByAli mixed/engineered her album. Punch obviously has a relationship with Interscope, via Kendrick/Q/Jay Rock...and Ali is TDE's dude. I swear...sometimes he seems like the wisest dude on twitter/IG, then he gets butthurt over something and sends subs lol.

Who cares. If anything it's competition. SZA's first week sales for CTRL were like 60k and then it had crazy legs. Well this time the goal should be topping Summer's number, which is basically double CTRL. You don't gotta speak on it. Just do it.

Sza album did really well it’s still on the charts matter facts .

Summer album doing big first week numbers like this is also great for r&b because typically that genre doesn’t do big week numbers .

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@L&HH

I'll give you an example, when Drakes scorpion dropped songs from the Album were placed on all kinds of playlists. The Scandinavian sounds playlist on Spotify had scorpion tracks for some reason.

So if your in your park jogging listening to Scandinavian music in that playlist not giving a fukk about this nikka drake and his song for some reason comes on next, you get your phone out and skip it but guess what it still counts. If that happens 1500 times that's an album sale for Drake. How many people do you think listen to Scandinavian music and would have banged on that playlist?

You see how streams are manipulated to boost sales figures.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
@L&HH

I'll give you an example, when Drakes scorpion dropped songs from the Album were placed on all kinds of playlists. The Scandinavian sounds playlist on Spotify had scorpion tracks for some reason.

So if your in your park jogging listening to Scandinavian music in that playlist not giving a fukk about this nikka drake and his song for some reason comes on next, you get your phone out and skip it but guess what it still counts. If that happens 1500 times that's an album sale for Drake. How many people do you think listen to Scandinavian music and would have banged on that playlist?

You see how streams are manipulated to boost sales figures.
Wasn’t all of that photoshopped?

And if it wasn’t, why waste that on Drake who is going to sell a lot and not do it for every other artist that needs help