TDE Punch throws shots at Summer Walker :pachaha:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
oh you think the the lack of hype sound Beyonce last 2 projects is more than just those weren’t real solo albums?

Future had the same convo surrounding him in 2018

nah
Lemonade, for all its hype, didn’t sell more than Beyoncé, and who care they weren’t solo albums. That bey jayz album was a huge flop no matter how you cut it. And that soundtrack or whatever album didn’t even make the average person’s conversation...I still haven’t listened to it so I can’t judge what she was going for. But yes, bey is no longer in that major sales phase of her career, which is fine, she’s getting to the point where she makes money and tours off the past heights of her career.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
SZA is much better than summer walker and it's not even close
:mjlol:

SZA isn't better, you're mad af, just like Punch
:umad:

Summer Walker can't sing at all

:noah:

Nobody is saying that Summer is the GOAT singer, but she is going to do better than SZA, because her live performances aren't completely TRASH like SZA. fukk SZA breh, I'll never forget coppin' two tickets for myself and my wife to that TDE concert last year, and this trick misses the show because ummm, who the fukk knows why?

:camby:

The Best R&B Artist on TDE is SiR and he doesn't take 5 years to put shyt out. lol @ my nikka SiR putting out 2 great albums after CTRL and people think TDE politics or cycle is holding SZA back, nah, she's prolly got a terrible work ethic and it's well documented that she's an awful performer

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It doesn't matter whether streaming is the 'game' now or not streaming is not sales.

If ONE song is streamed enough times it will count as a whole album sale, that's bullshyt. If I actually bought an album physical I could play it a million times, I only bought it once so it only counts as one sale. With streams the same person streaming the same song will keep accumulating new sales for that single and album, that's bullshyt
And back then people bought albums off the strength of singles and individual songs same shyt

I see people reposting several songs on their social media a chart topper isn’t driving her sales the whole project is being digested

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And back then people bought albums off the strength of singles and individual songs same shyt

I see people reposting several songs on their social media a chart topper isn’t driving her sales the whole project is being digested

Oh my God, to your first paragraph, the fukk has that got to do with anything?? I'm not talking about how or why or off the strength of what someone bought anything. Regardless of why you bought the album if you bought it ONCE then you bought it ONCE. Playing it over and over and over again in your room didn't accumulate brand new sales for the single and album like it does with streaming

And as for the bold how exactly do you know that??

JOHN.KOOL

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

SZA isn't better, you're mad af, just like Punch
:umad:

:noah:

Nobody is saying that Summer is the GOAT singer, but she is going to do better than SZA, because her live performances aren't completely TRASH like SZA. fukk SZA breh, I'll never forget coppin' two tickets for myself and my wife to that TDE concert last year, and this trick misses the show because ummm, who the fukk knows why?

:camby:

The Best R&B Artist on TDE is SiR and he doesn't take 5 years to put shyt out. lol @ my nikka SiR putting out 2 great albums after CTRL and people think TDE politics or cycle is holding SZA back, nah, she's prolly got a terrible work ethic and it's well documented that she's an awful performer

Im not disputing SZA as a live performer neither am I disputing whether summer walker will do better than her or not. SZA album is a better album and SZA makes better music

JOHN.KOOL

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@ISO what should be happening is streams from a particular account with Spotify or apple music etc Should only count for ONE sale. Once you have accumulated a sale through streams anymore streams via that account shouldn't count to any more sales, unless you actually put your card information in and pay for the album. If you actually pay money for the album then it can count for as many sales as relevant, as long as you paid for the album or single each time, but streams should only count once per account.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:
Im not disputing SZA as a live performer neither am I disputing whether summer walker will do better than her or not. SZA album is a better album and SZA makes better music
You said Summer can't sing at all, when she sounds better than SZA live. It's debatable which of their albums is better. Time will tell which performs better as well.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@GoldenGlove and ok, her vocals sounded much better in the videos you posted than I had heard before.
Her album's 1st week already did 130K, she's getting positive reviews and feedback on social media, she will tour the music and have good performances, I think it's fair to say that she will pull in even more fans after touring compared to SZA, because SZA literally had people not fukking with her because she had to cancel dates and then she was memed and ripped due to her sucking live.

JOHN.KOOL

Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

You said Summer can't sing at all, when she sounds better than SZA live. It's debatable which of their albums is better. Time will tell which performs better as well.

Sounding better than SZA live doesn't then mean that Summer Walker can sing.

I disagree very much with the debatable part, I'm not concerned with what does better either. Doing better commercially or even critically doesn't equate to better music

JOHN.KOOL

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Her album's 1st week already did 130K, she's getting positive reviews and feedback on social media, she will tour the music and have good performances, I think it's fair to say that she will pull in even more fans after touring compared to SZA, because SZA literally had people not fukking with her because she had to cancel dates and then she was memed and ripped due to her sucking live.

In this age of streaming I don't pay any attention to those sales figures, where labels and streaming services collude to inflate sales figures via streams and a flawed system it can't ever be trusted to paint a genuine narrative.

As for everything you said I hear that but more people fukking with summer doesn't mean her music is better, getting rave reviews doesn't mean her music is better.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As for everything you said I hear that but more people fukking with summer doesn't mean her music is better, getting rave reviews doesn't mean her music is better.
Outside of SZA's debut album, what memorable songs does she have?

Every EP Summer's put out has great music on it.

JOHN.KOOL

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outside of SZA's debut album, what memorable songs does she have?

Every EP Summer's put out has great music on it.

Memorable is subjective but for me personally I livl the see.sza.run mixtape, my fav sza songs are on that not ctrl and I love S.

Z also has one or two songs I love. All szas projects have great music too