Team Canelo: "Cotto Is The Biggest Name For Us At 154"

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Edison Reynoso, the coach of top junior middleweight Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-1-1, 30KOs), said the biggest fight out there for his boxer is a showdown against former three division king Miguel Cotto (37-4, 30KOs), who returns on October 5th against Delvin Rodriguez. Although Cotto is fighting on HBO, the Puerto Rican star is reportedly not bound to the network and has the ability to face Canelo on Showtime. Canelo returns from the first defeat of his pro career, a majority decision loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr. on September 14th.

"I think the biggest name for us [at 154] is Cotto. I think he would be the most ideal [opponent], but we have to see how things go with Delvin Rodriguez on October 5. Alfredo Angulo is coming off a knockout loss, Victor Ortiz has not been fighting. Vanes Martirosyan does not mean anything for the pay-per-view market and neither does Erislandy Lara. But we will see what's going to happen. We are not ruling anyone out" said Reynoso

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-canelo-open-facing-miguel-cotto-next--69997

:shaq:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Can't fault the logic from a business perspective...a Canelo/Cotto fight would make bank.
I'm not sure if Canelo is ready for a motivated Cotto's problems after embarrassing himself and quitting vs Mayweather

Canelo is no southpaw so Cotto won't look like shyt, and since Canelo just completely allow his opponents to jab away this aint a good fight for Canelo at the time, unless they are thinking of cashing him out

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I always hoped for Canelo/Cotto eventually and we're finally gonna be getting it (hopefully) :blessed:

one last big one for Cotto, and a potential comeback for Canelo
Fighter post Floyd usually look shot, they have nightmares about them counters and evidence of those gun shy tendencies is present in fights years down the line for post Floyd opponents, and Canelo had the look of a defeated fighter on the All Access epilogue, like he came to the realization after picking on little fighters looking superhuman, and everybody including Oscar saying he was on Floyds level, he knew it was all a lie and facade....

I rather a easier touch like Angulo for Canelo, to rebuild that confidence, he's still very young, and has time to grow.....

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Fighter post Floyd usually look shot, they have nightmares about them counters and evidence of those gun shy tendencies is present in fights years down the line for post Floyd opponents, and Canelo had the look of a defeated fighter on the All Access epilogue, like he came to the realization after picking on little fighters looking superhuman, and everybody including Oscar saying he was on Floyds level, he knew it was all a lie and facade....

I rather a easier touch like Angulo for Canelo, to rebuild that confidence, he's still very young, and has time to grow.....
I disagree, I think they realize they aren't the best but could be 2nd best.

Definitely didn't stop JMM, don't think it'll stop Canelo either

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I disagree, I think they realize they aren't the best but could be 2nd best.

Definitely didn't stop JMM, don't think it'll stop Canelo either
How can he be second best if 75% of boxing press felt Trout beat Canelo. Canelo is young and still has growing pains to go through, if he losses to Cotto the money train is over. Why not take a easy touch or 2 sharpen up that skill, build heat once again then try again at the big stage, because right now he's not ready for the big stage. Rewatching recently shot Mosley closed his eye had him bloody and was stealing rounds I had him taking 4 rounds, and this was a man that nearly got knocked flat on his ass by Jose Cotto, and went to distance with shytty Matthew Hatton. Try to think about Canelo aside from all the Golden Boy hype, he may not be ready for this Cotto match he quit vs a small WW in Mayweather.....

As a person that is a fan after Canelo graciously accepted defeat like a man, this is the wrong career choice as of now, he'll have serious issues if sit back and let Cotto jab his shyt in over and over like Mayweather and Trout did....

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

you have a strange definition of fighters being shot breh.....I wouldn't call angulo an easy touch for canelo lol

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
you have a strange definition of fighters being shot breh.....I wouldn't call angulo an easy touch for canelo lol
So you gonna act like Mosley wasnt shot, Mosley couldnt even throw a punch with conviction post Mayweather and I wont even mention the Pacquaio debacle:comeon:

Angulo is tailor made for Canelo a slow one dimensional come forward fighter, solid fighter, easy touch considering he'll fight Nelo's fight

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Not a smart move. I think Cotto would be too much of a risk, Canelo needs an semi- easy fight to get his mojo back, this Floyd fight took a lot out of his soul and it would be unwise to risk one of the great young boxer's growth with a fight with Cotto. Imagine if Canelo lost, he'd be in the Amir Khan bracket.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
So you gonna act like Mosley wasnt shot, Mosley couldnt even throw a punch with conviction post Mayweather and I wont even mention the Pacquaio debacle:comeon:

Angulo is tailor made for Canelo a slow one dimensional come forward fighter, solid fighter, easy touch considering he'll fight Nelo's fight

For some reason no one ever the same after fighting Mayweather.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Canelo beats the shyt outta Cotto :comeon:

Errytime Cotto "boxes" hes huffing N puffing by rd 6...Hell be eating combos running for dear life by the 10th....On his knees like a Vietnamese hooker shortly after

:stopitslime: