Team Canelo: "Cotto Is The Biggest Name For Us At 154"

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a smart move. I think Cotto would be too much of a risk, Canelo needs an semi- easy fight to get his mojo back, this Floyd fight took a lot out of his soul and it would be unwise to risk one of the great young boxer's growth with a fight with Cotto. Imagine if Canelo lost, he'd be in the Amir Khan bracket.
It he wins it's a smart move and it shows that his confidence isn't shaken . Nicca Been fighting tune ups for years time to become the new golden boy or keep it moving

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he loses, he better look for berto or victor ortiz and be vargas status. One of them will be vargas status at the lost.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We will definitely know the answer if he's ready or not after tomorrow night.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
ppl always buy the cotto hype after he beats a b level fighter

EXACTLY! What happens when he fights somebody who can punch back N ain't scary of his power??

Them body shots stop, he "boxes" causing him to gas, he gets busted up, then his knees get dirty :smugbiden:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agree with you, however, if he loses?
If he loses , all he can do it try and build himself back up . His stock will be hurt horribly but I mean he's supposed to be an elite boxer but we all know his weakness at this point . I don't think he fixes them by fighting mirror tailormade fights , if he fights someone with at least some skill before cotto? I guess I'd be ok with that but no more bums

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
I was at the fight. Atmosphere was f*ckin wild! As far as his performance, I'm not surprised. He did look in better shape, much sharper than in the Trout fight and he attacked the body more in 2 rounds than he has in his last 2 fights. It was a confidence booster no doubt, and he needs that potentially going into a Canelo fight. He's still got 2 solid fights left.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I told yall Roach would fix Cotto offensive woes, Cotto doesnt half ass like typical Roach fighters,, but hey yall dont listen anyway........

I stand firm in my assessments that Cotto mauls Canelo, whoever says otherwise doesnt know shyt about boxing.....:demonic:

Last edited:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
I told yall Roach would fix Cotto offensive woes, Cotto doesnt half ass like typical Roach fighters,, but hey yall dont listen anyway........

I stand firm in my assessments that Cotto mauls Canelo, whoever says otherwise doesnt know shyt about boxing.....:demonic:

I REALLY wanna see that fight, but based on Cotto's recent statements it seems like Martinez is their target for June. I was under the assumption Cotto was a Free Agent and I think he still is in a sense, but he looks like he's comfortable working alongside Top Rank and if that's the case, the Martinez fight seems most likely and Martinez said he'll drop to 158. I still don't really like Cotto going to 160 though but he's got a better shot IMO to beat Martinez now.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I REALLY wanna see that fight, but based on Cotto's recent statements it seems like Martinez is their target for June. I was under the assumption Cotto was a Free Agent and I think he still is in a sense, but he looks like he's comfortable working alongside Top Rank and if that's the case, the Martinez fight seems most likely and Martinez said he'll drop to 158. I still don't really like Cotto going to 160 though but he's got a better shot IMO to beat Martinez now.
Golden Boy shytted on Cotto and sent him on a vacation as he waited for a promised Canelo match......

Arum did shyt on Cotto around the Mayweather fight, so just sit back, he's playing his hand to the fullest being smoothe operator, Canelo needs Cotto far more, fans wont accept another easy touch for Canelo, Cotto knows this, if that fight happens he will pull the strings, whether flexing his fight by fight independence or hiding behind Arum, Cotto knows Canelo and GB needs him......:salute:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Golden Boy shytted on Cotto and sent him on a vacation as he waited for a promised Canelo match......

Arum did shyt on Cotto around the Mayweather fight, so just sit back, he's playing his hand to the fullest being smoothe operator, Canelo needs Cotto far more, fans wont accept another easy touch for Canelo, Cotto knows this, if that fight happens he will pull the strings, whether flexing his fight by fight independence or hiding behind Arum, Cotto knows Canelo and GB needs him......:salute:

Yea I don't see Golden Boy trying to put Canelo in with someone like Molina or Lara who may not beat Canelo but still might make his stock come down a little more if he doesn't have a great outing (which against both guys is a challenge in itself).