Team Canelo: "Cotto Is The Biggest Name For Us At 154"

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
The Canelo that fought Floyd beats this version of Cotto imo but I agree with @SkiHatDaGawd he needs a confidence builder fight after getting shut out like that. Although I think Canelo def takes the W, a motivated Cotto can give him a tough night.

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Lets not pretend JMM aint go life and death and got put on his ass by 2 C class fighters post Mayweather in Diaz and Katsidis, dont let JMM having Pacquaio number fool you nikkas:birdman:

Last edited:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Canelo wants to keep going as a PPV fighter and Cotto is his best fight right now. That fight would do decent PPV numbers and allow Canelo to make more money than he would on a standard Showtime broadcast. Plus, I think Cotto is a good matchup for him and Canelo's youth and strength overcomes the fact that Cotto is still a good fighter, but definitely on downslope of his career peak.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I have always been of the opinion that Cotto was the big PPV fight that Canelo should have been after and that he should never have taken the Mayweather fight at this point in his career anyway.
He should have fought another bum, waited for Cotto to bear Delvin Rodriguez and then fight Cotto at the beginning of 2014.

♤♡♢♧
Daps
Reppin
the real hiphop.
Lets not pretend JMM aint go life and death and got put on his ass by 2 C class fighters post Mayweather in Diaz and Katsidis, dont let JMM having Pacquaio number fool you nikkas:birdman:
:beli:

He didn't go life or death in either fights breh, he was knocked down by Katsidis yeah, but was never really in danger. The Diaz fight he clearly won without any problems whatsoever, you're thinking about the first fight which was brawl (but took place before JMM fought Floyd hence is irrelevant to your argument). Let's not exaggerate for the sake of winning pointless discussions.

JMM's performances against Pac in '11 and '12 (in particular the '11 bout, in which he schooled Pac and gave a boxing clinic) prove he don't fall in the category of fighers that weren't themselves again after facing Floyd.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:beli:

He didn't go life or death in either fights breh, he was knocked down by Katsidis yeah, but was never really in danger. The Diaz fight he clearly won without any problems whatsoever, you're thinking about the first fight which was brawl (but took place before JMM fought Floyd hence is irrelevant to your argument). Let's not exaggerate for the sake of winning pointless discussions.

JMM's performances against Pac in '11 and '12 (in particular the '11 bout, in which he schooled Pac and gave a boxing clinic) prove he don't fall in the category of fighers that weren't themselves again after facing Floyd.
:patrice:

:skip:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
dog jmm was getting worked and beat on he got a lucky punch brah
no such thing as a lucky punch breh
marquez was setting manny up for that shot at the start of round 6, did you catch the bradley/JMM 24/7?

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
no such thing as a lucky punch breh
marquez was setting manny up for that shot at the start of round 6, did you catch the bradley/JMM 24/7?
no such thing as a lucky punch ? :childplease:
well ok good ko strategy bad fight jmm lost every round b4 that one even the one he kod him in his was losing dude was battered and bloody

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
no such thing as a lucky punch ? :childplease:
well ok good ko strategy bad fight jmm lost every round b4 that one even the one he kod him in his was losing dude was battered and bloody
right theres no such thing as a lucky punch. So JMM lost round 3 when he KD manny? Pac man was fighting a good fight but got too excited when he saw blood and thought he could steal rd6 with a late flurry, as soon as manny feinted that close too JMM it was a wrap and juan had been looking for that feint by manny all night my breh.

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
right theres no such thing as a lucky punch. So JMM lost round 3 when he KD manny? Pac man was fighting a good fight but got too excited when he saw blood and thought he could steal rd6 with a late flurry, as soon as manny feinted that close too JMM it was a wrap and juan had been looking for that feint by manny all night my breh.
theres been fights in the past where nikkas are losing dead to rights and a dude swings and connects and kos the dude whos winning

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I disagree, I think they realize they aren't the best but could be 2nd best.

Definitely didn't stop JMM, don't think it'll stop Canelo either

JMM has had way more big fights and is way more experienced than Canelo. JMM isn't young and has won big fights before. Also, he's not over the hill like Mosley was after that Mayweather fight. JMM is the exception to the rule. We can also say Chico Corales.