Ted Wafer: found GUILTY of Second Degree Murder & Manslaughter

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Trial date is set for July 21 but I'm getting this thread up to begin the discussion.

It looks like we are going to see another dead black teen get put on the stand for their own murder, with defense attorneys already trying to include crime trends in the Dearborn heights neighborhood, and text messages/photos, and school records of the young girl. Stay tuned, will update as the date gets closer

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Trial date is set for July 21 but I'm getting this thread up to begin the discussion.

It looks like we are going to see another dead black teen get put on the stand for their own murder, with defense attorneys already trying to include crime trends in the Dearborn heights neighborhood, and text messages/photos, and school records of the young girl. Stay tuned, will update as the date gets closer
the girl that got into a car accident and then got shot right?

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yes
I wonder what the defense will come up with do he gets off.
They already planting the seeds.
-setting the scene for self defense by talking about recent crimes in the neighborhood
-acting in fear for his life
-looking up text messages and school records of the victim

Sound familiar :mjpls: Same way they lynched Trayvon they will try to do to her

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-setting the scene for self defense by talking about recent crimes in the neighborhood
i can see them tryna make some kinda case out of the first two, they are his defense attorneys

but i wonder how these dudes sleep at night doin shyt like goin after the bolded:scusthov: really appalling shyt. not to mention that its completely irrelevant :what:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
On the night accused shooter Theodore Wafer fatally shot an unarmed woman on his porch, he was overcome with fear, yelling from the backseat of a police squad car: “Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God.”

That’s some of what the jury can expect to hear in the highly anticipated second-degree murder trial of Wafer, who is charged with killing Renisha McBride last November after the 19-year-old showed up on his porch of his Dearborn Heights home just before dawn, within hours of crashing her car into a parked vehicle.

The defense says it was self-defense; the prosecution says it was a crime and that Wafer could have called the police instead of opening fire.

■ Video: Listen to 911 call in Renisha McBride shooting

At a pretrial hearing today, defense attorney Cheryl Carpenter disclosed some of her trial strategy, saying the case is all about fear and the state of mind her client was in the night he opened fire on the stranger who showed up on his doorstep unexpectedly. An autopsy revealed McBride had a high blood-alcohol level.

“This case is about what Mr. Wafer felt like at the time he shot his shotgun. Was it reasonable to be in fear? And in fear of immediate danger? His emotions are critical,” said Carpenter, noting an audiotape of the suspect yelling, “Oh my God” in the back of the squad car.

McBride’s parents were in the courtroom today, seated directly in front of Wafer, who said nothing during the proceeding or after it. Neither did McBride’s parents. McBride’s aunt, Bernita Sphinx, also was in the courtroom. She said she wishes no ill will toward Wafer.

“I don’t hate anybody. I love everybody ... I’m praying for him cause God has this situation,” Sphinx said. But, she added: “I would be satisfied if they would get capital punishment here in Michigan.”

Sphinx said she questions why Wafer didn’t pick up a phone the night McBride showed up on his porch but instead picked up a gun.

“If you have two eyes, you can really see through this,” said Sphinx. “You have a mind. You have eyes. And you should know right from wrong ... The right decision will be made. And it’s going to be made through God.”
http://www.freep.com/article/201406...fer-Renisha-McBride-pretrial-hearing-evidence

bilde

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps

Don't forget:

-looking up facebook/IG/twitter posts and pictures that paint them in a negative light
-asking questions associated with why she was out that late, why was she drinking, why did she leave to look for help...

I really try to not have a self-defeatist outlook, but when shyt like this keeps happening, I can't ignore what this country is notorious for.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

They already started bringing up her toxicology reports. They're going the smear campaign route just like with Trayvon.