Teddy Riley: Men getting married makes them unfocused in their careers

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Ted talking in show business as a male singer. Not your average breh. When Usher got married especially to that George Wallace looking woman.

Thank you.

I don't know why - wait, I do know why people are taking issue with what Teddy said here:
They didn't listen to the interview to know the context.

Imma say some names, and think about what happened to their careers when they got married:

Jermaine Jackson
Babyface
Bobby Brown
Karyn White
Tamia
Brandy
Nivea

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Teddy Riley is used to getting women taken from him since back in the day.

Also lost a lot of money on Ponzi Schemes, bad investments..........He has a right to have trust issues. Don't mask it by talking about you busy working on your career. :mjlol:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Thank you.

I don't know why - wait, I do know why people are taking issue with what Teddy said here:
They didn't listen to the interview to know the context.

Imma say some names, and think about what happened to their careers when they got married:

Jermaine Jackson
Babyface
Bobby Brown
Karyn White
Tamia
Brandy
Nivea
That shyt don't affect women like it does men lol

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Teddy Riley is used to getting women taken from him since back in the day.

Also lost a lot of money on Ponzi Schemes, bad investments..........He has a right to have trust issues. Don't mask it by talking about you busy working on your career. :mjlol:
Are you saying lil man aint hitting it right , didn't he take 1 of prince's girls

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Either his wife runs him,or he was being unfaithful and kept having his wife harrass him because she couldn't trust him.
But i suppose when you have his type of money at risk,it may be hard to just tell your wife to leave you the hell alone once you tie the knot:francis:
Better get that prenup,or just be righteously attached.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Dangerous is the best New Jack album ever.
whoa!:whoa:

no this is
img_0

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
whoa!:whoa:

no this is
img_0

What’s on that record is better than Remember The Time? :usure:

Teddy brought his A game to Dangerous. That shyt made New Jack Sound futuristic instead of the standard 1988-1990 party style that 99% of New Jack records rocked with.

Listen to what breh was spitting on this record. What New Jack record talked about homelessness, social inequality, incurable disease (AIDS) and the fact the people were more concerned about his business than trying to fix some of the shyt in the world that wasn’t being addressed

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The coli always does this. Make an opinion without the context.

Teddy was basically saying the TIMING of the marriage was a terrible business decision. Bobby got married a couple months before the release of his third album, which Teddy feels affected the sales of that album.

Bobby seemed adamant about getting married, which is fine, but I believe he should have waited until after the release of the album.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He is right when it comes to Male R&B singers.

A good example of this was Usher.

Women like the allure of the Male singer being single. Especially when he is still young.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
t
The coli always does this. Make an opinion without the context.

Teddy was basically saying the TIMING of the marriage was a terrible business decision. Bobby got married a couple months before the release of his third album, which Teddy feels affected the sales of that album.

Bobby seemed adamant about getting married, which is fine, but I believe he should have waited until after the release of the album.
Teddy has already said in an interview before this that Teddy wanted Bobby to do more songs, but Bobby was more focused on the wedding at that point. Teddy used some of that material for Blackstreet. Teddy wanted Bobby to have more songs..

And if we go by that Bobby movie, the chicks in his family were the ones getting on Bobby to lock Whitney down..

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
He is right when it comes to Male R&B singers.

A good example of this was Usher.

Women like the allure of the Male singer being single. Especially when he is still young.
True but nowadays as long as you're not dating pawgs.

Usher may not sell as much as before but he still has that black women support because he exclusively dates them.