Teddy Riley: Men getting married makes them unfocused in their careers

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
You do realize all those men with the exception of Obama have been divorced. And Obama has a political marriage. That shyt was a calculated move for BW votes.

And yes the majority of men in the past were married because being a bachelor was frowned upon. Back in the 50s they wouldn't promote some men at work unless they were married. The marriage rate was also over 80 percent. Now it's not even 30. Marriage is a dying institution.

Before I die multiple men will reach the top of their fields without being married. And no one will give a shyt. Because nowadays folks know being concerned if your doctor, technician, or accountant being married won't make them better at thier job.

So M.O and Barry marriage was predetermined because it was written in stone he would be our first black president ?

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
You do realize all those men with the exception of Obama have been divorced. And Obama has a political marriage. That shyt was a calculated move for BW votes.

And yes the majority of men in the past were married because being a bachelor was frowned upon. Back in the 50s they wouldn't promote some men at work unless they were married. The marriage rate was also over 80 percent. Now it's not even 30. Marriage is a dying institution.

Before I die multiple men will reach the top of their fields without being married. And no one will give a shyt. Because nowadays folks know being concerned if your doctor, technician, or accountant being married won't make them better at thier job.
Y'all need to learn how to read statistics. Marriage is not dying. Folks are just getting married at a later age as opposed to getting married by 21 back in the day.

Keep promoting broken household culture for your kids brehs. It's doing wonders for the black community.

Mr. Glass

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Y'all need to learn how to read statistics. Marriage is not dying. Folks are just getting married at a later age as opposed to getting married by 21 back in the day.

Keep promoting broken household culture for your kids brehs. It's doing wonders for the black community.

No one is promoting that.

I don't get why some of you nikkas can't understand that GMB doesn't equal blasting in hoes and leaving kids all over the state.

I'm GMB and very responsible and calculated. If you're a man with your shyt together and you're GMB, you basically can do anything. When you get married and seed these females up, you essentially give them a pink slip to your life. If you find THE RIGHT ONE, do whatever you like, but most nikkas don't know game like that. Get a taste of some p*ssy from a female they really like, and they lose all sense.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So M.O and Barry marriage was predetermined because it was written in stone he would be our first black president ?
Barry wanted to President before he met Michelle. But he knew he couldn't do that with a pawg on his arm. So he made calculated decision for his future success. :yeshrug:

That's a political marriage to achieve a purpose. It's most likely a front. Barry probably like Frank Underwood in real life.

http://blackdemographics.com/households/marriage-in-black-america/

No you need to learn to read statistics.:pacspit:
The black marriage rate fell off a cliff after the 1960.
THATS A FACT.

And I ain't promoting shyt. I was born 93. shyt been trash long before I got here. I'm not going stroke you old negroes egos about how shyt gonna turn around when it ain't. shyts over. Game. Set. Match.

We free. Black folks gonna do what they want. And folks don't wanna get married. Maybe if you asked why instead of getting hurt you could come up with a plan to save the community.:mjlol:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Obama, Trump, Xi Jingpin, and Putin all rose and came to power married. And only Putin got divorced later.

We can take the most powerful men from any era and any place in human history, the majority of them were married.

Single powerful men always been and still are an exception. You can't take an exception and turn it into a rule. What Riley is saying is being contradicted by facts. It's not true.

Trump been married three different times :dead:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps

What are you talking about? :gucci:

The debate here is not about whether marriage is good or bad or if you should get married to be successful.

The debate is whether marriage is an obstacle to success. The answer is clearly NO. Marriage is not on obstacle to success: most successful men in history were married. It's still true today.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
What are you talking about? :gucci:

The debate here is not about whether marriage is good or bad or if you should get married to be successful.

The debate is whether marriage is an obstacle to success. The answer is clearly NO. Marriage is not on obstacle to success: most successful men in history were married. It's still true today.
Correlation doesn't equal causation. Just because those men got married doesn't mean it had a negative or positive effect on there success.

Obama still would be great lawyer. Trump would still have his fortune, and Vlad would still be running the alphabet boys if they were never married.

All you proved was that men like in house p*ssy and politicians follow cultural norms.

Next

Daps
Its a bunch of men in this thread that don’t know what a man can do when your ATTENTION is on your mission and not women at all . Men in this thread talking like we in the 1960s and a good women in a 10 block radius. :mjlol:. We in the internet age were you can see most intentions anit good hell...it’s hard to have a group of nikkas with good heartz. Women don’t know how to stimulate a man mentally like he should be but if men don’t have a mouthpiece etc we they lames...lol. I’m keep my focus on my mission.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Correlation doesn't equal causation. Just because those men got married doesn't mean it had a negative or positive effect on there success.

Obama still would be great lawyer. Trump would still have his fortune, and Vlad would still be running the alphabet boys if they were never married.

All you proved was that men like in house p*ssy and politicians follow cultural norms.

Next

Somebody ought to make a thread calling out men who don't wear suits everyday, since all successful men wear suits. :dead:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps

Next

Where did you read that in my comment? :gucci:
Are you even reading? :hhh: The debate is not whether the marriage helped them or not to be successful. This is not what I'm talking about. :mindblown:

The debate is about marriage being an obstacle to success. The answer is no. This is why I brought up successful married men. I never said they were successful BECAUSE they got married. I said they were successful AND married! Saying that does not mean that marriage is a way or a help to success. It's just saying that marriage does not stop you from being successful.

If you want to have a debate about marriage, make a thread about it. :stopitslime:

You seem unfocused...

Next...

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Are you reading? :hhh: The debate is not whether the marriage helped them or not to be successful. This is not what I'm talking about. :mindblown:

The debate is about marriage as an obstacle to success. The answer is no. Saying that does not mean that marriage is a way or a help to success. It's just saying that marriage does not stop you from being successful.

If you want to have a debate about marriage, make a thread about it. :stopitslime:

Next...
For certain men it's most definitely hinders their success.

It depends on individual situation.

Stop having narrow worldview

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
For certain men it's most definitely hinders their success.

It depends on individual situation.

Stop having narrow worldview

I gave you facts; you came back with speculations. Let's say what you're saying is true. Those men are clearly a minority. We can't make a rule out of an exception.

Fact: most successful men in history were married. Conclusion: marriage is not an obstacle to success. If marriage itself stops you from being successful, it just means that were not that good in the first place and something else would have stopped you from being successful anyway. :yeshrug: