Teixeira: I'm ready to fight for the title

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
I'll believe it when I see it. :heh:
He hasn't weighed 210 in years, the older you get the harder it gets to cut. I've heard he has a horrible diet and lacks discipline when it comes to food (see tweet pics). He's been well over 250 for years, and he's hella short.

Cormier has most recently weighed in at 235 and the fight before that he weighed in at 238. This is with no weight cutting. What are you talking about?

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Yall prefer to see Glover get a shot, or Cormier? Provided Jones, Glover, and Cormier all win their upcoming fights.

Cormier poses the bigger challenge. He has the power/wrestling to throw Bones around. Plus, his striking has looked great as of late. Cormier will [likely] be the first person to put Bones on his back, we'll see how he reacts.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
The fukk is going on with nikkas reading comprehension in this thread?

DC has shytty diet habits, but dude can make 205 with a minimal cut that wont damage his kidneys. He'd really just need to eat clean when the fight is signed, and due a carb cut like 2-3 weeks out and keep hydrated. No sweat. All else fails..hire Mike Dolce :heh:

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Glover needs to shut up and get go a convincing win against a quality top 10 lhw. Otherwise, he jus trolling for dat main card money. If there`s any hope for an entertaining challenge for Jones it`s Cormier, or if magically sumhow Struve could drop in weight, or fight at a catch weight.

semtex

:)
Daps
The fukk is going on with nikkas reading comprehension in this thread?

DC has shytty diet habits, but dude can make 205 with a minimal cut that wont damage his kidneys. He'd really just need to eat clean when the fight is signed, and due a carb cut like 2-3 weeks out and keep hydrated. No sweat. All else fails..hire Mike Dolce :heh:
I agree. Dude is 5'10" actin like he supposed to be 240lbs. Nah fam. :rudy: You can make 205 unless your bones are made of brass.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Glover needs to shut up and get go a convincing win against a quality top 10 lhw. Otherwise, he jus trolling for dat main card money. If there`s any hope for an entertaining challenge for Jones it`s Cormier, or if magically sumhow Struve could drop in weight, or fight at a catch weight.

Whether you agree or not, Rampage was a top 10 opponent who he beat convincingly.

Struve would get demolished by Jones.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
I still believe that Glover should have 1-2 more top 10 wins before fighting for the title.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Whether you agree or not, Rampage was a top 10 opponent who he beat convincingly.

Struve would get demolished by Jones.

Yes, i do agree Rampage was a top 10, but not a quality one at that point of his career. I made sure to put quality top 10 in my og post. And the sad part is he couldn't even finish Rampage. He had rampage standing in front of em, no threat for a take down or leg kick or anything just eating shots but couldn't put em away. I doubt Jones will be that easy to hit or even beat.

And yes, Jones would probably demolish Struve, but it would be an entertaining fight much like how Hunt vs Struve was entertaining and every1 is still talking about it. With vs Struve, Jones would lose the huge reach advantage, so would force em to really show off his other tools and put on a show. Also, Jones would easily have the wrestling advantage and probably could take Struve down at will, but maybe Struve could then use his BJJ to his advantage. But yes, Jones would still most likely win, but at least it won't be a 4min waste of a fight like Jones vs Sonnen was. i didnt even get to finish my beer by the time that crap was done.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

Rampage was top ten. Same with Bader(who I believe Tex will defeat easily when they fight) Its not his fault half the division turns down the opportunity to fight him, With that rationale, guys like Cain and Jones shouldn't have got a title opportunity because they beat lower tier/washed up guys before they won. Hes on an 8 year long winning streak why shouldn't he get the next shot?

Last edited:

johnnydakota

Star, "Skateboard High"
Supporter
Daps
Glover will get his shot, he's Chucks guy, Dana will make it happen.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Rampage was top ten. Same with Bader(who I believe Tex will defeat easily when they fight) Its not his fault half the division turns down the opportunity to fight him, With that rationale, guys like Cain and Jones shouldn't have got a title opportunity because they beat lower tier/washed up guys before they won. Hes on an 8 year long winning streak why shouldn't he get the next shot?

No its not his fault that guys don't wanna fight em, but the guys who he does fight, he gets the win and the finish, but it just hasn't looked too pretty. Take that Fabio fight, he was clearly the better skilled guy in the ring, had Fabio hurt multiple times and still almost got dropped there, when Fabio hurt em, that shouldn't have happened. At 1 point he was struggling to put em away, that fight shldnt have even gone to the 2nd round, he shouldnt finished em quick n early.

I think the reason why UFC been giving him so many lower tiered guys, is to help build up the hype machine n da highlight reel, but its jus been slow goin as his wins really haven't gotten the mainstream fans on his side yet.