Teixeira: I'm ready to fight for the title

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
that rationale, guys like Cain and Jones shouldn't have got a title opportunity because they beat lower tier/washed up guys before they won. Hes on an 8 year long winning streak why shouldn't he get the next shot?

In all reality, Jones shouldn't have gotten that title shot, it was Rashads n he got hurt. Jones was in the right place at right time, Sonnen is making a 2nd career outta that. But once Jones got that title shot, he made good by it, and in defending the belt has finished guys convincingly. I just hate when a good solid fighter gets a title shot a lil too soon, they worked and it derails their career.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Yes, i do agree Rampage was a top 10, but not a quality one at that point of his career. I made sure to put quality top 10 in my og post. And the sad part is he couldn't even finish Rampage. He had rampage standing in front of em, no threat for a take down or leg kick or anything just eating shots but couldn't put em away. I doubt Jones will be that easy to hit or even beat.

And yes, Jones would probably demolish Struve, but it would be an entertaining fight much like how Hunt vs Struve was entertaining and every1 is still talking about it. With vs Struve, Jones would lose the huge reach advantage, so would force em to really show off his other tools and put on a show. Also, Jones would easily have the wrestling advantage and probably could take Struve down at will, but maybe Struve could then use his BJJ to his advantage. But yes, Jones would still most likely win, but at least it won't be a 4min waste of a fight like Jones vs Sonnen was. i didnt even get to finish my beer by the time that crap was done.

'Sad part was he couldn't finish Rampage'? Come on breh, are you serious? Rampage is very, very tough to finish. Look at who has finished him. Jones, prime Shogun and prime Wandy. All three were or are killers.

Struve/Jones makes no sense and would be a one-sided beatdown. If you're going to have Jones fight a HW, you might as well have him fight a quality one.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
No its not his fault that guys don't wanna fight em, but the guys who he does fight, he gets the win and the finish, but it just hasn't looked too pretty. Take that Fabio fight, he was clearly the better skilled guy in the ring, had Fabio hurt multiple times and still almost got dropped there, when Fabio hurt em, that shouldn't have happened. At 1 point he was struggling to put em away, that fight shldnt have even gone to the 2nd round, he shouldnt finished em quick n early.

I think the reason why UFC been giving him so many lower tiered guys, is to help build up the hype machine n da highlight reel, but its jus been slow goin as his wins really haven't gotten the mainstream fans on his side yet.

Fabio has a granite chin but what difference does glover finishing him make? He clearly dominated and won that fight. Cain was getting rocked by Kongo does that mean he didn't deserve a shot? And like I said, they haven't been purposely giving him lower tier fighters. Evans and Shogun were offered a fight and they both turned it down. And fighting Lyto was not an option since they both train together.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
'Sad part was he couldn't finish Rampage'? Come on breh, are you serious? Rampage is very, very tough to finish. Look at who has finished him. Jones, prime Shogun and prime Wandy. All three were or are killers.

Struve/Jones makes no sense and would be a one-sided beatdown. If you're going to have Jones fight a HW, you might as well have him fight a quality one.

Yes Rampage is a hard tough finish, and yes Jones Shogun and Wandy have all finished em, guys who have been world class champs before. So expecting and hoping for glover to finish Rampage near the end of his career, not moving jus standing in front of em eatin shots is pretty realistic if Glover thinks he's ready to fight Jones. Clearly he isn't as he wasnt able to do what Jones did to Rampage.

And Struve does make complete sense. Gives Jones a warm up fight at HW instead of throwin em to the dogs instantly. Also, Jones finishes guys but is not known as a knock out puncher, Struve has been takin shots from real heavy weights n heavy handers like Hunt. So wld be interesting to see if Jones could actually finish Struve, as Struve should be able to hand the power. Jones likes to use his reach and his jab, that will be nullified by Struves height. Jones can wrestle, Struve has BJJ, so this will really test Jones to find other ways to defeat fighters without relying on his crutch of size and reach. i would guess he would use his speed to his advantage and attack Struves legs and leg kickem to hell. But would be a good 1st win at HW for Jones.

Remember UFC is a business, if u put Jones against the top HW right away and he loses, you don't have another big time money fight to sell after. But Jones against Struve ppl will pay jus to see Jones 1st time at HW, then after Jones wins, u put em wit Cormier, mo money. If jones wins again, u still got Cain and JDS waiting for money fights. But if u put Jones wit Cain or JDS right away and he loses, then there goes the money.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
In all reality, Jones shouldn't have gotten that title shot, it was Rashads n he got hurt. Jones was in the right place at right time, Sonnen is making a 2nd career outta that. But once Jones got that title shot, he made good by it, and in defending the belt has finished guys convincingly. I just hate when a good solid fighter gets a title shot a lil too soon, they worked and it derails their career.

:what: You can't be serious comparing Jones and Sonnen's situation. Jones was more then likely getting the winner of Rua/Evans since they were billing that fight with Bader as the battle of the undefeated young up and comers/title eliminator. Jones was the obviously the next choice since Evans went down(and I believe Rampage turned down that fight) Sonnen just got a title fight as a reward for trying to revive TUF despite not fighting at 205lb for 9 years and coming off a loss. Put it this way, if Weidman can get a shot, anyone can now

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Fabio has a granite chin but what difference does glover finishing him make? He clearly dominated and won that fight. Cain was getting rocked by Kongo does that mean he didn't deserve a shot? And like I said, they haven't been purposely giving him lower tier fighters. Evans and Shogun were offered a fight and they both turned it down. And fighting Lyto was not an option since they both train together.

So he can't finish Maldonado cuz he is too tough, cnt finish Rampage cuz he's too tough, but he thinks he can beat the Champ who can finish guys? If your not tough enough to finish tougher fighters then maybe your jus nt cut out to be UFC Champ. At some point Glover is going to have to knock out a tough guy, or some1 who has never been knocked out. And if you can't knock em out then submit em.

So Cain got hurt by Kongo, but he didnt go get a title shot right after, he still put em sum work after the Kongo fight. TKO Rothwell and then KO Nog. Thats how you put up and shut up critics. So i'm not sure what your point is about getting rocked by Kongo, as clearly Cain still put em work and proved his value after that fight. Glover is coming off wins against Rampage, Te huna n Fabio, not exactly murderers row to be asking for a title shot. And beating Badr probably won't make a difference either. And yes I understand i read the same reports and interviews about guys turning down fights against Glover. yes i know that not his fault, but that still doesnt mean he shld get a title shot for beatin the low level guys who are saying yes. Its a catch 22, and Dana, silva and lorenzo will have to start flexing their power after Glover dummies Badr, and force these guys to fight em to be num1 conteder or dont give these guys ne fights.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
So he can't finish Maldonado cuz he is too tough, cnt finish Rampage cuz he's too tough, but he thinks he can beat the Champ who can finish guys? If your not tough enough to finish tougher fighters then maybe your jus nt cut out to be UFC Champ. At some point Glover is going to have to knock out a tough guy, or some1 who has never been knocked out. And if you can't knock em out then submit em.

So Cain got hurt by Kongo, but he didnt go get a title shot right after, he still put em sum work after the Kongo fight. TKO Rothwell and then KO Nog. Thats how you put up and shut up critics. So i'm not sure what your point is about getting rocked by Kongo, as clearly Cain still put em work and proved his value after that fight. Glover is coming off wins against Rampage, Te huna n Fabio, not exactly murderers row to be asking for a title shot. And beating Badr probably won't make a difference either. And yes I understand i read the same reports and interviews about guys turning down fights against Glover. yes i know that not his fault, but that still doesnt mean he shld get a title shot for beatin the low level guys who are saying yes. Its a catch 22, and Dana, silva and lorenzo will have to start flexing their power after Glover dummies Badr, and force these guys to fight em to be num1 conteder or dont give these guys ne fights.

:snoop:

Ok breh. You are placing way too much emphasis on finishing. The fact is he wins(and has been doing so for 8 years) and at the end of the day thats it. Bendo didn't finish anyone en route to his shot and he still got his shot(and rightfully so). He deserved his shot regardless of finishing tough opponents or not. And lets be reality, Glovers quality of opponents are much better then Cain's when he was going for the title. And lol@ flexing power. Yea if they continuously do that but they are former champions/stars who have earned a lot of money and respect over the years. They have the right to turn down fights. Even more of a reason to give Glover a shot if top five contenders refuse to fight him

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:snoop:

Ok breh. You are placing way too much emphasis on finishing. The fact is he wins(and has been doing so for 8 years) and at the end of the day thats it. Bendo didn't finish anyone en route to his shot and he still got his shot(and rightfully so). He deserved his shot regardless of finishing tough opponents or not. And lets be reality, Glovers quality of opponents are much better then Cain's when he was going for the title. And lol@ flexing power. Yea if they continuously do that but they are former champions/stars who have earned a lot of money and respect over the years. They have the right to turn down fights. Even more of a reason to give Glover a shot if top five contenders refuse to fight him

It's not about just finishing, its about putting on a show, an exciting fight, and then creating some hype for future fights so that more main streamers buy the ppvs. yes you keep saying for 8 years, but really how much of the mainstream ufc fans watched ne of those 8 years of fights before the ufc? His fights, although dominating have not been real entertaing or impressive, sadly enough. Otherwise, he wouldn't have to ask for the title shot, fans would be going rabid and calling out Dana for Glover to get the next shot, not Machida nt Gustaffson.

I like many others in this forum, was exciting for Glover finally coming over to UFC, and wanted him to run roughsheed on every1 and get that title shot, but his fights to date in the ufc just isnt really hasn't been no1 contender worthy. whether its based on higher teir figheters not wanting to fight em, or guys he struggled to finish. And I know, you say dont put alot of stock in finishing, but impressive finishes is where the money is, its what the majority of fans want. When guys win by decision or long drawn out ref stoppages, fans booo get upset, and ends up guys like Jon fitch get ridiculed.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
It's not about just finishing, its about putting on a show, an exciting fight, and then creating some hype for future fights so that more main streamers buy the ppvs. yes you keep saying for 8 years, but really how much of the mainstream ufc fans watched ne of those 8 years of fights before the ufc? His fights, although dominating have not been real entertaing or impressive, sadly enough. Otherwise, he wouldn't have to ask for the title shot, fans would be going rabid and calling out Dana for Glover to get the next shot, not Machida nt Gustaffson.

I like many others in this forum, was exciting for Glover finally coming over to UFC, and wanted him to run roughsheed on every1 and get that title shot, but his fights to date in the ufc just isnt really hasn't been no1 contender worthy. whether its based on higher teir figheters not wanting to fight em, or guys he struggled to finish. And I know, you say dont put alot of stock in finishing, but impressive finishes is where the money is, its what the majority of fans want. When guys win by decision or long drawn out ref stoppages, fans booo get upset, and ends up guys like Jon fitch get ridiculed.

Wait are you comparing Jon Fitch to Glover Texeria? :wow: You are sitting here acting like the man fukking sucks. His brawl with Malnado and Rampage were entertaining. And he has finished two opponents since coming in . Bendo hasn't finished anyone since what 09 and he still got a shot(and I personally consider him a less exciting fighter then Glover during their UFC tenure imo)

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Wait are you comparing Jon Fitch to Glover Texeria? :wow: You are sitting here acting like the man fukking sucks. His brawl with Malnado and Rampage were entertaining. And he has finished two opponents since coming in . Bendo hasn't finished anyone since what 09 and he still got a shot(and I personally consider him a less exciting fighter then Glover during their UFC tenure imo)

Stop putting words in mouth, never said he sucks. I love em as a fighter, but the point stands he isn't making a strong point to be a champ, as he hasn't had that big dominating win over a top contender. Again, may not be his fault as they won't fight em, but it still stands he hasn't done it. Till you do that don't cll out da champ. The fact that his most exciting fight is against a fighter such as Fabio maldonado, and not against a bigger name is not a good selling point. I'm guessing the ufc feels the same way, as they rather have sonnen, vitor, machida n gustaffson fight jones than glover and his 8 year win streak, against guys the casual ufc fan has never heard of. And sadly what the casual mma fan cares about matters, as thats the money maker.

Not sure why your mentioning Bendo, like I was praising him for being entertaining. While MMA enthusiasts may like his close back and forth fights, the casual mma fan clearly doesnt and like you consider him a less exciting fighter. The proof of this? 4 of his last 6 fights have been on free tv and not a ppv. Rarely will Dana put a money making champ on free tv, unless is/was a special occasion such as the 1st fox fight wit cain n jds. The last fight Bendo had on a ppv was him vs Edgar which did under 200k in ppv buys and gate did under 1m, pretty sad. UFC is hoping that this long awaited rematch against show time can help make Bendo a ppv draw.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Stop putting words in mouth, never said he sucks. I love em as a fighter, but the point stands he isn't making a strong point to be a champ, as he hasn't had that big dominating win over a top contender. Again, may not be his fault as they won't fight em, but it still stands he hasn't done it. Till you do that don't cll out da champ. The fact that his most exciting fight is against a fighter such as Fabio maldonado, and not against a bigger name is not a good selling point. I'm guessing the ufc feels the same way, as they rather have sonnen, vitor, machida n gustaffson fight jones than glover and his 8 year win streak, against guys the casual ufc fan has never heard of. And sadly what the casual mma fan cares about matters, as thats the money maker.

Not sure why your mentioning Bendo, like I was praising him for being entertaining. While MMA enthusiasts may like his close back and forth fights, the casual mma fan clearly doesnt and like you consider him a less exciting fighter. The proof of this? 4 of his last 6 fights have been on free tv and not a ppv. Rarely will Dana put a money making champ on free tv, unless is/was a special occasion such as the 1st fox fight wit cain n jds. The last fight Bendo had on a ppv was him vs Edgar which did under 200k in ppv buys and gate did under 1m, pretty sad. UFC is hoping that this long awaited rematch against show time can help make Bendo a ppv draw.

Breh you might as well saying he has long drawn out decisions and making Fitch comparisons. I can keep giving you examples of fighters receiving title shots for less all than Glover so your point is moot. And stop revising history. Glover was booked for the next PPV during that fiasco. He will be getting the next title shot if he defeats Bader(especially since Cormier isn't dropping anytime soon) and he deserves it

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Breh you might as well saying he has long drawn out decisions and making Fitch comparisons. I can keep giving you examples of fighters receiving title shots for less all than Glover so your point is moot. And stop revising history. Glover was booked for the next PPV during that fiasco. He will be getting the next title shot if he defeats Bader(especially since Cormier isn't dropping anytime soon) and he deserves it

Again, dont put words in my mouth. i am not saying he has long drawn out decisions, you just did actually. And actually Fitch is a great comparison to Glover, as take a look at the few fights before Fitch finally got his title shot against GSP. 4 of his 7 fights directly b4 he fought gsp he actually finished the fight, either by submission or TKO. It was only after the title fight against GSP did he start the string of boring decisions. And again, I am agreeing that other fights have gotten title fights for a lot less, but that doesnt mean they should've gotten em. And majority of the time, it was a crap ass fight, where the guy got destroyed. which is even more important not to make the same mistakes as in the past. He clearly doesn't deserve the title shot, as many guys have gotten it ahead of him already. And again, outside of casual MMA's no1 really cares about Glover still. He doesn't have the hype nor buildup behind him yet.

if you are actually a fan of Glover, why not enjoy watching him fight more guys up the ladder, Beat Badr, and let dana n silva get you some bigger names next. After you beat Badr, call out Shogun in the ring for being a p*ssy and avoiding you before. Then the fans in attendance and watchin will get your name stuck in their mouth. They'll b sayin dats da badass wit balls to call out shogun in the ring. All the mma enthusiasts knows the back story and the guys ducking em, but that means nuting to casual fans that make the money unless they hear it and see it directly. Yea it sounds stupid, but its tru and it works. Ask Chael Sonnen how it worked for him gettin them title shots.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
Glover needs to shut up and get go a convincing win against a quality top 10 lhw. Otherwise, he jus trolling for dat main card money. If there`s any hope for an entertaining challenge for Jones it`s Cormier, or if magically sumhow Struve could drop in weight, or fight at a catch weight.

so you don't think Glover deserves the fight but your ready to slot in Stefan fukkin Struve ? :what:

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
so you don't think Glover deserves the fight but your ready to slot in Stefan fukkin Struve ? :what:

Never said Struve for a title fight, thats a completely diff story. Just like Anderson Silva when he went up to LHW he didnt go fight the champ or a top 5 fighter, he fought James fukking irvin 1st. So shut da fukk n stop giving stupid ass faces as there is precedent for this by Dana n da ufc. After beating Irvin, the next time he went up in weight class he fought a former champ, still nt current champ. So to parallel u give em Struve, that should be an easy promo skyscraper vs champ. Let jones go thru Struve, mk sum money. then next fight he goes back down to lhw in 4 months, he wins that fight. During this time Cormier fights Roy and then has time to do a healthy and proper weight loss before the big cut. And then you put Jones vs Cormier and promo the shyt outta it and mk sum real bank roll.

I know alot of you guys live and breath mma and love the fights and everything, but you gotta remember there's more to this than the actual fighting and skill. The business end is equally important. without the business end, there would be no ufc it will fail and die, just like a lot of other former mma acts.