Tekashi69:"I Literally Run New York,I'm In Charge, whatever I Say Goes"

Dotcom

OnAComUP
Daps

this may answer yall questions...69 cutting his handlers face hair....got the feeling hes getting pounded out by the big homie:hhh::dame::patrice::whoo:

Lol it says Goodlooking. Wth he is a artist barber and goodlooking yeah that’s his hood boo

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
As were Jamaicans in Jamaica and other Black Islanders so the fukk is you saying fool? :usure:
Im saying what you're saying, we were all in slavery and my point is many of the slaves in America were from the south so even blacks from NY was from the south. He who I replied to mentioned that Hip-hop comes from Jazz, blues and soul which came from the south and midwest but my point is that hiphop was still made in NY and not in those places. My point is also that most black culture originated from those places due to that being where slavery was most prevalent.
stfu and stop posting bullshyt...jamaicans would still be jackign trini calypso if it wasn't for afram music. jamaican's for damn sure didn't create hiphop:scust:
Cool Herc and in fact several rappers are of Caribbean lineage including Biggie.

FACTS!

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Yet there is hardly ANY Jamaican influence in Hip Hop and even Kool Herc even admitted. Why do yall spread this myth?

And what do you mean there were AA slaves in the South??? What does that have to do with anything? Hip Hop exploded in the Bronx. The Bronx where there is more AAs than Jamaicans even today During that time Jamaicans were especially smaller in numbers compared to AAs and even PRs. . Heck if anything Puerto Ricans have more claim than Jamaicans.

Hip Hop has CLEAR Jazz, Funk and Soul influence...

How Jazz Influenced Hip-Hop

Don't even get me started on Funk. Not only that but the majority of Blacks(AAs) in NYC descend from the South. Where else do you think they came from?

@IllmaticDelta @Supper
At the end of the day Kool Herc was still jamican and you're right it started in the bronx which supports my argument that NY fathered all these other nikkas. If it wasn't for NY creating hiphop the genre would not be what you have today. It happened here and caribbean people are part of it as well as big cultural leaders in it.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Im saying what you're saying, we were all in slavery and my point is many of the slaves in America were from the south so even blacks from NY was from the south. He who I replied to mentioned that Hip-hop comes from Jazz, blues and soul which came from the south and midwest but my point is that hiphop was still made in NY and not in those places. My point is also that most black culture originated from those places due to that being where slavery was most prevalent.

the early black culture of new york also came about because slavery existed there which was further expanded with southern influx even before slavery ended.Then you have the later southern migrations that added to it

New+York%281624%29+The+Colony+of+New+York+was+founded+by+Dutch+settlers..jpg

slide_5.jpg

514d7WiRwCL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Xkmyh43.jpg

the-great-migration-map.gif

Cool Herc and in fact several rappers are of Caribbean lineage including Biggie.

FACTS!

noone ever said there weren't carribean-american rappers/pioneers. What was said is that they weren't the ORIGIN-BEGINNINGS. When you do the research, you'll the REAL PIONEERS were of Southern American origin and the main influences musically, oral-lyrically and dancing wise were all in deep Afram tradition of blues/soul/funk/jazz and then disco

this jamaican origin of hiphop is a MYTH that herc himself has made it clear before wasn't true and other people are starting to see was ducktales because the facts don't add up

Last edited:
Daps
can one of you new york heads whos bout it snuff this moron so the rest of the world dont think you soft as fukk

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
can one of you new york heads whos bout it snuff this moron so the rest of the world dont think you soft as fukk
Say what you want, but he got the shooters with him. It has to be like Fif or Diddy to shut him the fukk up. Fif lives off fukkery, so im hoping he starts his shyt.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
the early black culture of new york also came about because slavery existed there which was further expanded with southern influx even before slavery ended.Then you have the later southern migrations that added to it

New+York%281624%29+The+Colony+of+New+York+was+founded+by+Dutch+settlers..jpg

slide_5.jpg

514d7WiRwCL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Xkmyh43.jpg

the-great-migration-map.gif

noone ever said there were carribean-american rappers/pioneers. What was said is that they weren't the ORIGIN-BEGINNINGS. When you do the research, you'll the REAL PIONEERS were of Southern American origin and the main influences musically, oral-lyrically and dancing wise were all in deep Afram tradition of blues/soul/funk/jazz and then disco

this jamaican origin of hiphop is a MYTH that herc himself has made it clear before wasn't true and other people are starting to see was ducktales because the facts don't add up

You can post all that shyt and while it looks nice and sounds nice and I hope it makes you feel better but no matter how you flip it this shyt started in New York! They didn't start it down south. American Black culture period has it roots in the south obviously but hiphop started in NY and caribbean folks did have a hand in it as they do today. There is no debate here, move along :umad:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
At the end of the day Kool Herc was still jamican and you're right it started in the bronx which supports my argument that NY fathered all these other nikkas. If it wasn't for NY creating hiphop the genre would not be what you have today. It happened here and caribbean people are part of it as well as big cultural leaders in it.
I'm talking about NY but the supposed Jamaican influence. And Kool Herc wasn't even the only pioneer.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
You can post all that shyt and while it looks nice and sounds nice

it looks and sounds nice because it's the truth

and I hope it makes you feel better but no matter how you flip it this shyt started in New York!

as a full formed 4 element subculture, it started in NY. The actual individual elements, DID NOT.

They didn't start it down south.

funk music? south

rapping? South

bboy moves? South + Jazz + Tapdance

American Black culture period has it roots in the south obviously

mainly south but the North also

but hiphop started in NY and caribbean folks did have a hand in it as they do today. There is no debate here, move along :umad:

no debate? stop it

10472bxgirl
6 months ago
Mario and his brother came from down south and turned Bronxdale 1st Section out. RIP Mario. Mario would hook-up his turntable to the light post in the BIG PARK on Watson on the weekends and it went on from there.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
as a full formed 4 element subculture, it started in NY. The actual individual elements, DID NOT.
Thank you, that's all im saying :mjlol: All that other shyt is stupid. Kool Herc is believed to be the person to start it and I'm not getting into to the tit for tat over who started it this afternoon. Someone in NY started it, period.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I'm talking about NY but the supposed Jamaican influence. And Kool Herc wasn't even the only pioneer.
He wasn't the only pioneer but he is believe to had started it. My main point from the start was that it started in NY. My original argument was all american black culture has it roots in the south as well. However I stand firm on the fact that Caribbean people have contributed to the legacy of hiphop and are part of it as well whether you folks like it or not. There are many rappers with caribbean background with Biggie being one of them as well many producers.