Terminator: Dark Fate Official Thread

Daps
All we have is a picture though, folks are jumping the gun on this one.
wouldnt have cared if it was just 2 but they have three of different age groups, who will most likely be the hheroes. With a male terminator, suit or scientist being the dastardly villain its overkill

Daps
Then they wonder why people think they are homosexuals.
Comments like this are always a headscratcher, surely you are aware that when a male (especially a young one) watches an action movie they live vicariously through its lead. So when the lead happens to be a woman (who displays all the qualities of a man), there is naturally a disconnect. If you know a male that says he wants to be rey from star wars for halloween but you are calling the one that wants to be ethan hunt a homosexual thats just intellectually dishonest.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Comments like this are always a headscratcher, surely you are aware that when a male (especially a young one) watches an action movie they live vicariously through its lead. So when the lead happens to be a woman (who displays all the qualities of a man), there is naturally a disconnect. If you know a male that says he wants to be rey from star wars for halloween but you are calling the one that wants to be ethan hunt a homosexual thats just intellectually dishonest.

I expect that reaction from a child. Not a grown man understand the nature of fiction and storytelling. If you are past the age of 20 and complaing about a female lead because they are a woman I can only conclude they are a homosexual. No one is forcing to watch this new version. The story they like is still around. Any new story made no matter the lead was not promised to be better. And if the movie is better for you only because of the male lead instead of a good story then it is time to confront those repressed feelings you have for men.

Daps
I expect that reaction from a child. Not a grown man understand the nature of fiction and storytelling. If you are past the age of 20 and complaing about a female lead because they are a woman I can only conclude they are a homosexual. No one is forcing to watch this new version. The story they like is still around. Any new story made no matter the lead was not promised to be better. And if the movie is better for you only because of the male lead instead of a good story then it is time to confront those repressed feelings you have for men.
do you honestly think fight club would have had the same appeal if eddie norton was a transgender and brad pitt was cate blachett instead? do you think reservoir dogs would have become iconic if the cast were the golden girls? or jules and vince were whoopi and olivia newton john? lets not do this.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
do you honestly think fight club would have had the same appeal if eddie norton was a transgender and brad pitt was cate blachett instead? do you think reservoir dogs would have become iconic if the cast were the golden girls? or jules and vince were whoopi and olivia newton john? lets not do this.
No let's do this. Your points are nonsense. A good story is a good story. So if a writer is talented enough to make a good story with the cast of the golden girls in the world of revesior dogs then yes it would work.

Daps
No let's do this. Your points are nonsense. A good story is a good story. So if a writer is talented enough to make a good story with the cast of the golden girls in the world of revesior dogs then yes it would work.
If you have to go to these lengths to make your point then you have already lost the argument. If the quarrel is about yesterdays male driven action vehicles becoming female-centric today how can a hypothetical question about the appeal of popular male characters being affected if the role was gender swapped, be called nonsense?

Last edited:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you have to go to these lengths to make your point then you have already lost the argument. If the quarrel is about yesterdays male driven action vehicles becoming female-centric today how can a hypothetical question about the appeal of popular male characters being affected if the role was gender swapped, be called nonsense?
Because nothing about that original story changed. The problem with most of these complaints which others in this thread have pointed out is that these new changes have not gone into the past and changed the story you liked. So the new story will have a female lead. The only question people should have is will it be good.

And let's not forget you make movies to make money. Terminator appeals to men why wouldn't they try to women who make up the other half of the population?

Seems like a win win. We get to watch a women kill robots the same plot in 1st, 2nd, and genysis but you want to complain about a picture?

shyt don't watch the tv series that had Sarah Conner and a female terminator. No wonder it was canceled apparently the core of the terminator fan base just want to see men robots fight men robots.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Matter of fact I just realized three of the terminator movies had a female lead and in two of them Sarah Conner was a badass.
Just as I figured repressed homosexuals are just mad at female leads.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
PAY-Edward-Furlong.jpg

:curly:

Daps
Matter of fact I just realized three of the terminator movies had a female lead and in two of them Sarah Conner was a badass.
Just as I figured repressed homosexuals are just mad at female leads.
sarah might have been a badass but arnie and liquid metal put azzes in seats. With this its like they have sara, possible a female borg and a girl to fill the john conor teenager that needs to be saved role, its a fair critique to say from an optics standpoint the feminization is a bit heavy handed

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
This whole thread is depressing. As a kid I had T2 on fukking repeat, probably watch that shyt a million times now. We ain't had a good movie since. :francis:
i literally memorized every line of T2 i watched is so much.

I'm still hyped for this flick, I think it's going to be good. Last one I saw was Salvation which was ass.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

The problem with comparing this to fight club is that fight club is specifically about men. That's a a story about a lost generation of men and satirizing that. Terminator isn't just a male story; in fact, it started as a story from the females point of view.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sarah might have been a badass but arnie and liquid metal put azzes in seats. With this its like they have sara, possible a female borg and a girl to fill the john conor teenager that needs to be saved role, its a fair critique to say from an obtacle standpoint the feminization is a bit heavy handed
Arnold put butts in the seats but the first movie is about the mother of the savior of the human race accepting that fate. Then by the second movie she changed that fate. The first two movies which everyone loved always had that strong female and Arnold. But Arnold is old as shyt and his age goes against the purpose of a terminator which is too blend in and take out your target. Now skynet making multiple copies of the terminator to kill John never made sense but we love Arnold so we let it slide. I know nothing of plot of this new movie so to say they are feminizing the role is jumping the gun. But if really look at the movie it was a about a woman becoming stronger to save humanity. Remember Reese dies Sarah survies kills a terminator and raises John to save humanity.
Don't see one strong male lead unless you count the robot as human

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Arnold put butts in the seats but the first movie is about the mother of the savior of the human race accepting that fate. Then by the second movie she changed that fate. The first two movies which everyone loved always had that strong female and Arnold. But Arnold is old as shyt and his age goes against the purpose of a terminator which is too blend in and take out your target. Now skynet making multiple copies of the terminator to kill John never made sense but we love Arnold so we let it slide. I know nothing of plot of this new movie so to say they are feminizing the role is jumping the gun. But if really look at the movie it was a about a woman becoming stronger to save humanity. Remember Reese dies Sarah survies kills a terminator and raises John to save humanity.
Don't see one strong male lead unless you count the robot as human

Taking that one step further, the T800 in T2 is more motherly than Sarah Connor