Terminator: Dark Fate Official Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea thats true..he and miller worked jointly on this story, correct? Also, you think john is dead or in deep seclusion? I just know they cast someone to be “young john”...

They did work on it together.

And I have no clue man. I honestly haven’t throught anything about it. Just going to wait till the first trailer drops and see what they cooked up

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
‘Terminator: Dark Fate’: Arnold Schwarzenegger & Linda Hamilton Conquer CinemaCon With Early Footage

Unlike Disney with its CinemaCon session Wednesday, Paramount brought the stars –all of them– for its November 1 release Terminator: Dark Fate: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Mackenzie Davis, Natalia Reyes, Gabriel Luna.

“The story picks up where Jim Cameron left off with T2,” said Paramount boss Jim Gianopulos, who had the chance to work with the pic’s director Tim Miller on Deadpool.

The helmer got emotional talking about what the 35-year-old franchise meant to him growing up. “To say that this movie was a labor of love for me is an enormous f*cking understatement,” Miller told exhibitors at the Collosseum at Caesar’s Palace.

The new talent of the Terminator: He can split, “so he’s twice as deadly,” said Miller.

“This is a fundraiser for my next political race,” joked Schwarzenneger, “I’m so excited to have everyone back — Jim Cameron and Linda Hamilton. It”s where it all began in 1984, and it changed my life.”

He added: “Do you remember in Terminator 2 she was doing push-ups and chin-ups. How can a girl do this? She came to the set and did this again.”

The movie star and ex-California governor expressed how much the movie meant to him, with its gems “Hasta la vista, baby,” “F*** you, a$$hole” and “I’ll be back” — lines which he incorporated into his political career speeches, i.e. “Terminator Climate Change.” It changed his life.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Part Of James Cameron’s Global-Warming Video Shown At Dem Convention

Two extended scenes were shown, one showing Davis’ woman of the future arriving in a glowing blue ball on a bridge in LA, melting the road and falling. She is naked and discovered by a local couple. The cops arrive, and Davis takes them all out. Another scene shows her as a protector of sorts, battling Gabriel Luna’s liquid-morphing Terminator and a metal Terminator. She is saved when Hamilton’s Sarah Connor shows up, blasting them all away.

A short montage followed that showed an attack on the Terminator factory and a grizzled Arnie shooting a huge machine gun from a helicopter. Great footage

:lupe:

Double J

Banned
Daps
Sounds like trash.

More b*stardization of a beloved franchise after Ghostbusters and Star Wars with this female empowerment garbage :camby:

More needless gimmicks like a Liquid-morphing Terminator and a metal Terminator? :scusthov:

A beyond :flabbynsick: Arnold

The first 2 were classics but they need to let this franchise die already.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

:snoop: WHAT IN THE HOLY fukk IS THIS BULLshyt?

WHY COULDNT THEY JUST DO GOOD OL SARAH CONNOR
WITHOUT ALL THE EXTRA shyt?
:devil:
:evil:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I like what Miller has said about taking it back to feeling like an indie. Going down and gritty with it. Trying to go bigger than T2 has been a problem for the series. Changing the aesthetic, with a story by Cameron, is a good first step. Liked what I read

this..as much as i liked T2..the first one's gritty bleak outlook was great..as long as the level of violence remains high its all good

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
this..as much as i liked T2..the first one's gritty bleak outlook was great..as long as the level of violence remains high its all good
Agreed..and I do love this series. I understand that t3 felt like a huge fall off, but what do you expect when its following a movie that could be argued as the GOAT in its genre. Personally I always loved t1’s grittiness, which was missing from the 1984 scenes in Genysys, infact that movie was wayyyy to clean. Only thing that can kill it is a pg13 rating...like the last two. At least 3 was rated R.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I know nikkas aint mad about a picture with 3 females in a franchise where the main character is a woman. Tell me I'm losing it :mjharshreality:

detach

Banned
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
People shyt on T3 and salvation but I like both. The don’t touch the first 2 of course. But the franchise ran its course, they need to let it die.

I like salvation but 3 was straight ass cheeks. They ruin John Connor's character in T3, had him as a bad ass military general that was leading the resistance, had him as a young kid hacking into atm, demostrating good character and moral ethics telling his Terminator not to kill people and keep his cool in stressful situation in T2.

Then as a young adult, they turn him into some homeless loser paranoid about the future,:snoop::snoop::snoop: instead of preparing for the future like his mom. This is the fool that was supposed to lead humanity to victory. :hubie: