Terrible Career Mistakes that changed the outcome of the Player Trajectory or Impact

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Melo wouldn't have won anything playing in the stacked western conference.
Nah, he should've just waited until that offseason and signed with the Knicks outright instead of demanding a trade and the Knicks having to gut their team to get him a few months early.

Either that, or he should've went with the Bron/Wade plan and ended up on the Heat in lieu of Bosh.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Adrien Broner staying at 147 lbs and fighting Marcos Maidana. Dude should've won the belt from Paulie, dropped it and went back down to 140. He fought Maidana caught a beatdown and was never the same since

I never understood this either and it tossed his whole career out along with work ethic and those weak ass yes men he has around him and the fact he wants to be a dope boy but was never one.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Vincent Jackson leaving SD

Fultz altering his shooting mechanics after going #1

Bob Sanders not switching up his play style early on his career.

I don't know what it is but I really believe the rumor about him hurting himself somehow. He had no need to alter his shot and the way he was shopping around for doctors seemed odd to me.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Melo forcing a trade to the Knicks instead of waiting it out and then going there. The team ended up gutted of its depth.
he didnt wanna wait it out it because a lockout was coming and his agent and everyone was tellin him to secure his money before that cause the players were gonna take a L.

he was also trying to da nuggets a favor by giving them a heads up instead of just leavin them with nothing (lebron leaving the cavs was still very fresh) it was a noble move that no one appreciated lol he really coulda left them with nothing.

knicks rebuilt the team in like a year or so. even got felton back. wasnt a big deal

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
he didnt wanna wait it out it because a lockout was coming and his agent and everyone was tellin him to secure his money before that cause the players were gonna take a L.

he was also trying to da nuggets a favor by giving them a heads up instead of just leavin them with nothing (lebron leaving the cavs was still very fresh) it was a noble move that no one appreciated lol he really coulda left them with nothing.

knicks rebuilt the team in like a year or so. even got felton back. wasnt a big deal
He fukked up period lol and he did it to secure the bag players ended up not getting fukked revenue was split 50/50 he even threatened to just get traded to the Nets let’s not make it out to be noble he moved in self interest

The real depth was versatile players like Wilson Chandler and Gallo

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Not like anything could have changed it, but Sabonis getting blocked by the USSR from going to the NBA after he was drafted in '86, then the USSR overplaying him both before and after he was injured and thus wrecking his legs for life, might have changed the trajectory of the entire league.

I did read one interview where there was some speculation that he considered forcing the issue somehow and pressing harder. Would have been crazy if he defected like a Cuban baseball prospect.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
TMAC leaving Orlando to Houston. That was a dumb move because the West was stack.
And the next season Dwight came and Grant Hill actually played some games lol. Worst timing of a trade demand :mjgrin:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Kevin Love forcing his way out of Minnesota where expectations were minimal and going to the brightest lights in the league accelerated his mental health issues and defensive limitations and was the downfall of his career.
Not really he already had mental health issues.

He won a championship and will always be known for “The Stop”.

To me his weight loss was his biggest mistake.

Husky Love was better on the boards and in the post.