Terrible Career Mistakes that changed the outcome of the Player Trajectory or Impact

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
I don't know if it was a "terrible mistake" or necessarily changed his impact - his place in history is very much secure - but Albert Pujols leaving St. Louis for Anaheim. I'll never begrudge anyone getting that paper; it just feels like he should've been a lifetime Cardinal, like Musial and Gibson and 'em.

Once he went west it seemed like he kinda disappeared, outside of the occasional big milestone. And of course they never had postseason success during that time.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kidd_braxton_jackson.jpg

Jason Kidd actually won at the end tho.

7j44k4_large.png

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
It's not a player, but rather a coach that possibly made a terrible career mistake. So we all know Mark Few as the coach of Gonzaga. He's been around so long, we probably think he was the coach for that first year when they made the Elite 8 in 1999. But it was Dan Monson who coached that team. After that tournament run, he decided to go to a bigger school in Minnesota and well that didn't work and he's been coaching in Long Beach State to mediocre results. Maybe Gonzaga wouldn't be where it is now if he stayed there, but I can't help and think that he doesn't look at Mark Few every March Madness and go "IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME :damn:" :pachaha:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
John Starks breaking Kenny Anderson's wrist. NYK fan for life but Kenny A was my guy from HS. He said his wrist was never right after that. Kenny coulda been NBA HOF.

Jeremy Lin not resigning with NY (I Didn't GAF....but his career woulda been different.)

Kwame shoulda went to Florida for a year....and Abe shouldn't a blocked that trade

I wanna say AI shoulda agreed to come off the bench....but I'm not sure he shoulda.
Didn’t he put up like 25-26 ppg the year before. There was some serious blackballing going on against AI:francis: