That $2500 a month apartment hit different when you cant go nowhere.

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yep. I rent a one bedroom house with a nice neat little garden at the back. Yesterday I lawned it nicely, clipped and watered the flowers and after that, had a nice little BBQ ribeye with a cold beer :obama:

And I’m not paying $2500 a month for this either :umad:

How you got a 1bdr house??

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Hearing these cacs here in DC complain about not being able to sit out in the "common area" of their overpriced apartment or windowless basement apartment brings a smile to my face. All before they been smug as as a mug about being in the center of it all but with that rona in the streets they now comparing their 600sqft spots to a jail.:russ::umad:

That same $2500 could've bought you a decent house with a yard and a porch that you can chill out on over in NE or SE but oh well. I guess them gentrification cacs gonna ghost out to Arlington or Bethesda after this is over.:mjgrin:
Send them to Bethesda. They alread ruined Arlington.
Jennifer and Amber walking their dogs through Green Valley at night like it's all good.
:scust:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I live in MD and the post I was quoting was talking about renting in the DC area. A two hour commute is not an exaggeration at all driving or otherwise.

Not an exaggeration AT ALL!

You’re presuming things never come close to being what they used to be. In that case, bring on the asteroid.

I agree, if things don’t go at least slightly back to the way they were before people will kill themselves. Not everyone is content to work from home with limited social interaction with other adults, stream movies at home, etc. We were discussing this in a couple threads in the film room.

For though DC, NY, Cali and South FL are on some :scust: for rent. A lot of times you don't even get shyt extra.

:mjcry: these are the only places I’ve ever lived, the rent in SFL is probably the worst out of the four, everything is soooo expensive with nowhere near comparable amenities to the other three areas imo

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Not an exaggeration AT ALL!

I agree, if things don’t go at least slightly back to the way they were before people will kill themselves. Not everyone is content to work from home with limited social interaction with other adults, stream movies at home, etc. We were discussing this in a couple threads in the film room.

:mjcry: these are the only places I’ve ever lived, the rent in SFL is probably the worst out of the four, everything is soooo expensive with nowhere near comparable amenities to the other three areas imo
Idk breh I'm going to have to go with NY with being expensive and having zero amenities. I mean in South FL, you can get a small gym and a tennis court. :russ: But since it's no rent control down there, I often get the :dahell: face when people tell me the rent. This cat told me he was paying 2000 for rent in Fort Lauderdale. I pay a $1,100 mortgage in Palm Beach. :patrice:

Buying is ALWAYS the way to go vs rent if you can. Said places are relentless with rent.

Daps
I don't have a problem still paying the amount in rent for my apartment in SW DC. The location of the apartment is a plus but doesn't mean I have to go outside to feel it's worth.

Exploding outside in the city would be nice but I have a good enough view from my unit to still see the city.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Idk breh I'm going to have to go with NY with being expensive and having zero amenities. I mean in South FL, you can get a small gym and a tennis court. :russ: But since it's no rent control down there, I often get the :dahell: face when people tell me the rent. This cat told me he was paying 2000 for rent in Fort Lauderdale. I pay a $1,100 mortgage in Palm Beach. :patrice:

My ex was paying $1500 on a place in Pembroke Pines that would be considered a small studio in NY, I swear it was under 500 sq ft and they just threw a fake ass wall up in one corner diagonally to call it a ‘one bedroom’ :damn: there was a small pool and trash pickup and THAT’S IT. It was near the nice plaza (just googled it, ‘The Shops At Pembroke Gardens’) they have over there with all the shops and restaurants so the landlord was taxing!!! :pacspit: I actually found a better place for under a thousand near the Ft. Lauderdale airport but it took months of searching.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Everyone has different values. Moving further out, typically means a longer commute and I personally feel my time is more valuable than any dollar amount. I'd pay a high rent if it meant a 10 minute commute vs a 2 hour commute and cheaper rent.

There are reasonable mediums to be had...

Would I pay more for a shorter commute to my job....sure

But if I pay that premium I still expect VALUE FOR MONEY in my spot relative to the money I pay..

In other words even if I pay 3500 a month because its closer to my work I still fukking expect that the apartment is comfortable, spacious and decently appointed. No cramped fukking bathrooms and decent layout

Basically the point I am getting at is that I see units marketed as luxury apartments and I be like....HOW :what::what::what:

The both of you are right. Time is the Luxury here and not the apartment itself. In a city of congestion, time is the unobtainable.