That $2500 a month apartment hit different when you cant go nowhere.

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Living in Flatlands Brooklyn is lovely right now, we're all spread out so I'm not even worried about catching it here just takin walks and enjoying the quiet and views

Daps
Easy. It’s the life you know.

what you’re describing has always been there, but there’s a reason why the suburbs aren’t the hub of everything.

1. They’re ridiculously expensive.

2. There’s a culture shock that comes with it. Put a city guy in the burbs for an extended period of time and they freak out. Everything is a drive away. Everything shuts down by sunset. You don’t have the accessibility you’re used to. Many people are social creatures. You don’t have that interaction with people in the suburbs the way you do in the city. If that life was that much demand, then I guess everyone should be looking for cribs in Wyoming and Idaho and shyt like that. You know why we still won’t see that? Because we still know there’s an allure to being near the city.

some things just aren’t for everyone.
Your description of the suburbs is not very accurate. It sorta has some truth to it, but you’re talking about it like it’s rural, not suburban.

With all these mixed used developments popping up, it’s like bringing parts of the city to the suburbs.

lochead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm from where Petey come from
You got any links to these units?

I would be curious to see what exactly a $4500 a month 1 bedroom gives me in terms of value?

Lol that would be the perfect illustration of my point

This is a one br. I was off a bit but once you go to a two br the price skyrockets
https://t.e2ma.net/click/l4565mc/5z...nts.com/one-hill-south-washington-dc/wb44jmk/

Here’s a three br that once was Hines Junior High in Capitol Hill SE :wow:
333 8th St SE Unit 508, Washington, DC 20003 - Apartment for Rent in Washington, DC | Apartments.com

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
That's too broad of a statement, they're developing like crazy here in jacksonville (I know what youre thinking, yes it's lame af, but it is getting modernized frankly well, ironically everywhere but downtown) Charlotte is growing, the Atlanta metro has to have expansion due to the influx of people moving there

I mean tbh I don't see much of a difference in northern vs southern suburbs, they all got the same shyt, Walmarts every 5-10 miles, a towncenter, community colleges, etc. And even then when people say north they really just mean Philly the DMV and nyc anyway, I'd rather live in Georgia than new Hampshire.

i was talking more in terms of Atl. The Northern Atlanta suburbs are much more developed than the southern surburbs.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I understand and agree that it isn’t mutually exclusive. Do you reside with the city limits of Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York or any other city that is similar in density?

I live outside of the US but I am in large american cities regularly enough to have a reasonable grasp on their dynamics

My general idea is that there has existed a dynamic in the real estate market for some time where providing value for cost has been lopsided. This is not just a US thing by the way.....

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Yep. I rent a one bedroom house with a nice neat little garden at the back. Yesterday I lawned it nicely, clipped and watered the flowers and after that, had a nice little BBQ ribeye with a cold beer :obama:

And I’m not paying $2500 a month for this either :umad:
Ribeye and a beer sounds so good right now :noah:

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
My ex was paying $1500 on a place in Pembroke Pines that would be considered a small studio in NY, I swear it was under 500 sq ft and they just threw a fake ass wall up in one corner diagonally to call it a ‘one bedroom’ :damn: there was a small pool and trash pickup and THAT’S IT. It was near the nice plaza (just googled it, ‘The Shops At Pembroke Gardens’) they have over there with all the shops and restaurants so the landlord was taxing!!! :pacspit: I actually found a better place for under a thousand near the Ft. Lauderdale airport but it took months of searching.
Pembroke Pines ain't even nice like that anymore to be charging that shyt. I'm very familiar with The Shops at Pembroke Gardens. Six years ago Ra Sushi was LIT with professional women at happy hour. I had a great time. :mjlit:

Most landlords are going to price gouge rent in South FL. You'll be hard pressed to find deals, but they are out there. Some landlords properties are paid for and they just want to get a body in there for years vs jacking the rent up where people only stay 1 or 2 years tops. Before I moved from Miami to Phoenix, There was a one bedroom going for 1k in a nice condo complex. I was thinking about staying one more year, but decided to move.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Yep. I rent a one bedroom house with a nice neat little garden at the back. Yesterday I lawned it nicely, clipped and watered the flowers and after that, had a nice little BBQ ribeye with a cold beer :obama:

And I’m not paying $2500 a month for this either :umad:
I've never seen a one bedroom house before:dwillhuh:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
$710 for my 1700 sqft house here in Houston :myman:
About to be $1200 for a 5500sqft mansion when we buy it in a few months :whew:

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
25% down payment, 3.625% rate, and my insurance is only $240 a year.

Edit: Also it was $430k when I bought it and has since appreciated to over $500k so the payment is based on the $430k sale price.

are the property taxes high in AZ? Because in TX it can get ridiculous. Especially in Houston