That $2500 a month apartment hit different when you cant go nowhere.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Evictions are gonna happen en-masse and people are scared of taking public transportation. Restaurants and bars are closed and other unique entertainment spots are on the verge of going out of business. The many reasons why people move to the heart of major cities, is now gone thanks to social distancing. Parks and outdoor places have been shut down.

Even jobs in the city are disappearing. What incentive do people have left to staying in cities now?
You’re presuming things never come close to being what they used to be. In that case, bring on the asteroid.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
I was wondering about this the other day. I understand young folks desires to be in the cool part of the city, especially those who went away to school and view it as an extension of campus life.

My regards to anyone struggling, but as @Wild self said, I can’t see how anyone would want to live on top of one another and in close quarters after this? With distance learning and working readily available, how can anyone seriously not consider a bit more exposure to nature, space, at a price that is reasonable?
Easy. It’s the life you know.

what you’re describing has always been there, but there’s a reason why the suburbs aren’t the hub of everything.

1. They’re ridiculously expensive.

2. There’s a culture shock that comes with it. Put a city guy in the burbs for an extended period of time and they freak out. Everything is a drive away. Everything shuts down by sunset. You don’t have the accessibility you’re used to. Many people are social creatures. You don’t have that interaction with people in the suburbs the way you do in the city. If that life was that much demand, then I guess everyone should be looking for cribs in Wyoming and Idaho and shyt like that. You know why we still won’t see that? Because we still know there’s an allure to being near the city.

some things just aren’t for everyone.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Easy. It’s the life you know.

what you’re describing has always been there, but there’s a reason why the suburbs aren’t the hub of everything.

1. They’re ridiculously expensive.

2. There’s a culture shock that comes with it. Put a city guy in the burbs for an extended period of time and they freak out. Everything is a drive away. Everything shuts down by sunset. You don’t have the accessibility you’re used to. Many people are social creatures. You don’t have that interaction with people in the suburbs the way you do in the city. If that life was that much demand, then I guess everyone should be looking for cribs in Wyoming and Idaho and shyt like that. You know why we still won’t see that? Because we still know there’s an allure to being near the city.

some things just aren’t for everyone.

That was the paradigm of old. Social distancing changed everything about interactions. You can't attend that concert, go into an exclusive restaurant, go to a dive bar, or a dope nightclub anymore because people are now forced to stay at least 6 feet apart. And many of those establishment may disappear due to lack of reserved funds.

Once those establishments are shut down, public transportation is the carrier of the virus, lack of people outside, and wearing masks outdoors, what's good about the city?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
That was the paradigm of old. Social distancing changed everything about interactions. You can't attend that concert, go into an exclusive restaurant, go to a dive bar, or a dope nightclub anymore because people are now forced to stay at least 6 feet apart. And many of those establishment may disappear due to lack of reserved funds.

Once those establishments are shut down, public transportation is the carrier of the virus, lack of people outside, and wearing masks outdoors, what's good about the city?
Like I said, then bring on the asteroid. If the new way of living is just being a hermit who never goes outside, then that’s gonna be a world where people don’t wanna live. Not everyone works hard to stay away from everyone else. If that’s a good idea to you, then you were a social distancer who wasn’t into any of this shyt before the virus hit and in that case, being by yourself in the middle of nowhere is a great idea, but a lot of people are not like that.

and not for nothing, public transportation has always been a harbor of viruses. You’re telling me you never caught the flu by being on the 2 train? That comes with the 2.75 you paid. You deal with it. You’re used to it. It’s the life you know.
If the cons of city life or being around people outweigh the pros then you have the time to make some important life decisions for yourself. I just think there will always be a segment of people who prefer the way they live and don’t care to move to Assfukk, Mississippi to get away from everybody.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I live in MD and the post I was quoting was talking about renting in the DC area. A two hour commute is not an exaggeration at all driving or otherwise.
People really not realizing this. You can be out in the fukking boonies past Springfield and still be looking at nearly 2k living solo.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats way more than I pay monthly for my house.

And I overpay to accelerate the payoff:mjlol:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After you reach a certain age there's nothing wonderful about being in the middle of everything. Being within walking distance of every hot spot downtown stopped being attractive to me when I hit my late 20's.

You couldn't get to live outside of Downtown Dallas at 24.

You couldn't get me to live inside of Downtown Dallas at 28.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
People really not realizing this. You can be out in the fukking boonies past Springfield and still be looking at nearly 2k living solo.
Yep. You have to go to Fredericksburg or west of Manasses in Virginia. You can forget Montgomery county in Maryland and even of the newer apartments in PG. Pretty much any high rise will cost you a grip in the DC area. Some people want that though. They don’t care to have a house with a nice yard.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Bottom line people are going to pay where they want to live. Most are sheep and have to be "downtown". I could see myself paying $2,500 a month for something I don't own. I'd buy a house in Laurel and just visit DC. :lolbron:

For though DC, NY, Cali and South FL are on some :scust: for rent. A lot of times you don't even get shyt extra.

I got my house with a nice size backyard. Been chillin on the patio, the common area as you renters would call it. :mjgrin: