The 3-Peat is Still King

Daps
I don't know why some of you guys are sensitive about the topic lol.

I don't believe a 3 peat will ever happen again at least not within the next 10 years. Why? Well, I don't know why specifically but, I don't believe it will happen as I just find the odds are against it.

The only two teams that could've come close in recent memory were the Big 3 era Heat and the KD Warriors plus maybe just maybe the late '00s-early '10s Kobe & Paul era Lakers.

There's no team currently in the league I can envision seeing winning the title 3 straight years in a row. Some might've thought the Nuggets but the truth is that their window is much shorter than believed as that Jokic, Murray, KCP, Gordan, etc lineup can only take them so far as we just witnessed last night.
So you pretty much confirm it happens almost every decade since the 90s. Thanks.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
lol

if Real Madrid can win 3 champions league in a roll, in a competition hat is harder to repeat, then it's more than likely there can be a 3 peat in the nba in the near future.

How would you explain to a CL casual like myself that it's harder to repeat there? More player movement, how the whole thing is set up?

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
How would you explain to a CL casual like myself that it's harder to repeat there? More player movement, how the whole thing is set up?
Imagine every country in the North America had good to great nba leagues. Then you have a tourney where all champions and top 3-4 teams in every country play each other to be champion of the champions league.

Btw those Madrid teams were stacked that’s why they dominated Europe. They also care more about champions league over other domestic cup. You also add having the GOAT Ronaldo who stepped up and is the goat of the champions league so it was cheat code.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't say never, but yeah highly unlikely.

They'd then have to pay all those assets or absorb the contracts they get traded for.

By this logic the 8peat will happen again. I think never is too extreme but he's mostly right.
@murksiderock the same guy who said Mahomes was a fraud & Bridges was the next Kawhi lol

If it’s cloudy & he said it’s about to rain I’d roll all my windows down

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
@murksiderock the same guy who said Mahomes was a fraud & Bridges was the next Kawhi lol

He also said the Nuggets were in trouble and look what happened.

And he didn't say Mahomes was a fraud.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
A double 3 peat is more indicative of how trash the talent pool was in the 90s than how great MJ was. Nasty expansion era with weak teams, ugly ass basketball and a total talent deficit at the wing position. Please go look at the 92 Blazers team the Bulls won over in the Finals and ask yourselves honestly how many of the Western teams in this years playoffs they could beat.
Foh you would donate your 2 eye balls if Lebron had 2 3-peats on his resume. Why do y’all Bron stans choose to go down such a futile route:yeshrug:

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
These are extreme circumstances. Everyone of those teams you named didn't do it, because there's far too much attrition in today's game...

The Kobe/Shaq Lakers 3peated in very arguably the weakest NBA of the last 50 years. Certainly that early 00s East is the weakest conference in maybe league history, so those guys get credit for their 3peat, but that league doesn't exist today. Guys can point out how weak The East today is but it's demonstrably more advanced than it was 20-25 years ago, the East that Kobe and Shaq worked over...

Mike and nem won two 3peats in The Expansion Era that diluted the talent pool. That was not a strong era of basketball league-wide, whereas today is the HIGHEST level of basketball league wide...

The Celtics 8peated in a league with fewer than 10 teams...

All the examples you gave of Miami and GS, those teams had significantly tougher roads to a 3peat than the Bulls, Lakers or Celtics had, because basketball is tougher today. It just is, by every metric...

No one is 3peating again, and as more of The Culture acknowledges this, we'll be able to contextualize the Jordan and Kobe/Shaq 3peats properly.......the same way we appropriately contextualize the Russell Celtics. Which is, those teams dominated the era they played in, those rings count, but those runs are not relevant to compare to the modern game 1:1; we know just how different ball was 20-25 years ago. Its archaic compared to today, the circumstances that allowed for 3peats in those eras NO LONGER EXIST to allow for 3peats today...

its never happening again. This doesnt mean we wont get dynasties, we'll get that. But nobody is winning 3 championships in a row again...

I have no agenda. Jordan wasnt a better basketball player than LeBron and its clear to me that he wasnt, but that's not the conversation I'm having here...

You guys can't contextualize that there were THREE 3peats in a 12-year window because maybe, just maybe, those 12 years were maybe the weakest 12 years of the post-merger NBA. Very funny how there were no 3peats before then and there have been none since...
The real organic challenger to MJ will lead a team to a 3-peat. Just cause your manufactured goat couldn’t do it doesn’t mean it won’t be done ever again.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Their Daddy, with a Top 3 teammate and a Top 5 Big Man, lost to a German with a midget so now 3-peats don't matter :laff:
Dynasties don’t matter, 3-peats don’t matter, defense don’t matter, scoring titles don’t matter, 80s, 90s, 2000s don’t matter, actually winning chips don’t matter, competitive spirit don’t matter

Cause at the end of the day it’s just basketball :sadbron:

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Dynasties are over. I the Denver had a great shot this year to go back to back.

But this new CBA and the luxury tax are killers!

And that’s by design, the small market teams have been chasing a hard cap like in the NFL and NHL for years. This 2nd apron is the closest they have gotten to it. They find a way in the next CBA to make it even harder to build a dynasty level team again no doubt.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

You nikkas try too hard. Find the post I called Mahomes a fraud...

I did say Bridges was next and I was wrong, you win some, you lose some. But what I don't do is hide my hand, and wait for someone else to state something for me 😂...
The real organic challenger to MJ will lead a team to a 3-peat. Just cause your manufactured goat couldn’t do it doesn’t mean it won’t be done ever again.
🤣 you're a grown man, fam. It's okay to minimize the MJ standom. Just a little 🤣 🤣...

NotAHotep

Pro
Daps
Foh you would donate your 2 eye balls if Lebron had 2 3-peats on his resume. Why do y’all Bron stans choose to go down such a futile route:yeshrug:

Dynasties don’t matter, 3-peats don’t matter, defense don’t matter, scoring titles don’t matter, 80s, 90s, 2000s don’t matter, actually winning chips don’t matter, competitive spirit don’t matter

Cause at the end of the day it’s just basketball :sadbron:

Three straight posts about where LeBron isn’t the topic. Again.