The 46th Annual Joe Namath Appreciation Thread (Or The Official New York Jets 2014 Offseason Thread)

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
nfl-superbowl.jpg

:salute:

*New York Jets 2014 NFL Draft Picks (By Round):

1:
2:
3:
4a:
4b:
4c:
5a:
6a:
6b:
6c:
6d:
7:

New York Jets 2014 Salary Cap
Est. Salary Cap Space: $31,355,558
Offensive Spend: 30 Players $62,945,356
Defensive Spend: 26 Players $32,653,565
Specials Spend: 3 Players $4,846,000

FULL BREAKDOWN:
http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Jets&Year=2014

Folk the franchise: The Jets franchised kicker Nick Folk, which means Folk has been offered a one-year, $3.556 million contract. Folk's franchise tag is non-exclusive, so he's free to negotiate with other teams, but the Jets have the right to match any offer he gets. Should Folk accept another team's offer, that team would have to give the Jets two first-round draft picks as compensation. That's not going to happen.

Jets free agents:
CB Aaron Berry
G Willie Colon
WR Josh Cribbs
TE Jeff Cumberland (signed March 7)
DT Leger Douzable
G Vladimir Ducasse
K Nick Folk (franchised)
QB David Garrard
RB Lex Hilliard
T Austin Howard
LB Josh Mauga
LB Calvin Pace
S Ed Reed
RB Darius Reynaud
LB Nick Bellore (restricted)
LB Garrett McIntyre (restricted)
CB Isaiah Trufant (restricted)
WR Vidal Hazelton (exclusive rights)
TE Konrad Reuland (exclusive rights)

Positions of need: Wide receiver, tight end, safety, cornerback, offensive line, linebacker, quarterback

Last edited:

Ron Mexico

Superstar
Daps
Let's waste money on Vick so he can play... four games before he gets hurt?
I don't even care if it's Vick, we just need a QB that isn't a turnover machine. Upgrade at QB and get some receivers and this team could compete for the division.

ZKay

Rookie
Daps
I don't even care if it's Vick, we just need a QB that isn't a turnover machine. Upgrade at QB and get some receivers and this team could compete for the division.
We don't need a QB, we need receivers. Most of Geno's turnovers are from when Kerley was out.. in fact I'm pretty sure in the games Kerley was in Geno had zero turnovers. You're not going to win many games when David Nelson is your #1.