The 50 Best Crime Movies Of The 21st Century So Far

Some of these I've never seen and will definitely peep

and I'm not posting the whole thing, too much work, so here's the top 10

10. “Chopper” (2000)
9. “Drive” (2011)
8. “Inherent Vice” (2014)
7. “25th Hour” (2002)
6. “Memento” (2000)
5. “The Beat That My Heart Skipped” (2005)
4. “No Country For Old Men” (2007)
3. “Zodiac” (2007)
2. “City Of God” (2002)
1. “Memories Of Murder” (2004)

From “The Host” to “Snowpiercer” and this week’s “Okja,” Bong Joon-Ho has proven himself to be one of the most exciting filmmakers alive, mashing up genres and tones with a willful disregard to convention. And his best movie to date — one of the 21st century’s best movies, really — is “Memories Of Murder,” a procedural police drama like few others. It’s based on the true story of the hunt for Korea’s first serial killer, and the three detectives (Kim Sang-kyung, Song Kang-ho and Kim Rwe-ha) in charge of investigating the case. Bong’s ever light touch finds levity even in such dark subject matter, but his genius (aside from that that he has for framing and camera movement, which can compete with anyone in the world’s) is that he can play so much of the film for comedy and yet still find such a rich vein of melancholy and loss to the film. It’s a fascinating companion piece to “Zodiac,” and while Bong charitable and understandably named Fincher’s film as one of the greatest ever made in the 2012 BFI poll, we think he made the superior picture, as its placing no doubt suggests.

Discuss brehs. Drop yours

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
the disrespect for The Raid
tenor.gif

also, I wouldn't classify some of these films listed as crime flicks but maybe I've been classifying films incorrectly for all these years :jbhmm:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I can't put anything over No Country

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I consider those straight up action films, though the second had more of a crime element :patrice:

@HHR @TheGodling @Sensitive Blake Griffin

They got John Wick on there too though. :russ:

Hell, these motherfukkers put Girlhood on there and cop pleas right away explaining it like calling a coming-of-age social drama about young black girls a "crime movie" isn't :mjpls: x infinity.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
They always do 50. I think that's overkill. 25 should be Max.

I did find 3 in there that I really wanna peep though.

Which ones? By my count there's only six or seven I haven't seen and nothing about them makes me want to see them either way.:jbhmm: