The Atomic bombing of Japan is the worst war crime of the 20th century

kj614

You must quiet your mind.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Family
Lack of comprehending history...they didn't start the war...US sanctioned their country and knew they were going to retaliate.
They responded to sanctions with being tough... And got obliterated. I don't lack shyt boy

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
More people died from the firebombing. op turning into a woat contender
long-term more people in nagasaki and hiroshima probably died from cancer and the consequences of radiation overall. but the initial blast you're right, the tokyo firebombing killed more people

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm reading up on this and came upon this nugget
Unethical research is demonic as fukk but if someone already did it you may as well put the notes to good use :manny: still should've thrown them in a pit after the fact though
Admittedly it's a cold ass pragmatic take to say that the bombings were necessary to prevent an invasion with an even higher death toll, but it's take that's hard to disagree with. While there were talks of surrender, the terms were conditional and Japan was a whole was divided over surrender; Japan's military wanted to keep fighting even after weeks of fire bombings (that actually killed a higher number of people than the nukes did). Also,a large segment of people in Japan were fanatical as fukk, and where willing to die for their nation, and even if they weren't the military probably would've forced them too anyway. Invasion of Japan probably meant dealing with a super gruesome type of guerrilla warfare (full of suicidal attacks from citizens and military personnel alike), on terrain less friendly than the terrain found on the European front of the war, it would've been a much rougher experience than D-Day was without a doubt. The Russians were knocking to the north too, so not only could've an invasion killed many more than the Nukes did, Russia was probably gonna take a chunk of land for themselves, or the Navy could've blockaded Japan and starved them out until they surrendered. There was nothing but a bunch of evil options in an evil ass war unfortunately. I could even go on and say that maybe seeing the human toll from a nuke was necessary to establish nuclear deterrence as a thing, and that if the US didn't do it to Japan, some other power was gonna do it to someone else eventually.
Its fukked up, no way around it

after the battle of okinawa... i get it. some of the info is just disturbing as fukk.

By the end of May, monsoon rains which had turned contested hills and roads into a morass exacerbated both the tactical and medical situations. The ground advance began to resemble a World War I battlefield, as troops became mired in mud, and flooded roads greatly inhibited evacuation of wounded to the rear. Troops lived on a field sodden by rain, part garbage dump and part graveyard. Unburied Japanese and American bodies decayed, sank in the mud, and became part of a noxious stew. Anyone sliding down the greasy slopes could easily find their pockets full of maggots at the end of the journey

Then you got the child soldier shyt that Japan was getting into...

and the thing about war is that hearing about a hundreds or even thousands dying over time will always be rationalized by the most right wing groups a nation can muster (and those right wing groups made damn sure that if you were anti-war, you were on the way out in way or another). but its incredibly hard for anyone to see all those lives gone in the blink of an eye in an instance where you can't even hope to defend against it
japan didnt surrender because of the atom bombs :mjlol:

they surrendered because the Soviet Union invaded at the same time and were about to occupy Japan
then they could've surrendered to the soviet union then - but they'd never do that because of their previous war against russia

wasn't gonna happen... anything that the soviets got out there, they were gonna take for good. shyt, japan and russia are still fighting over islands to this day

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Peace Park in Nagasaki is an amazing place to visit if you ever get a chance
if you let them tell it the attack was unprovoked:dwillhuh:
in the museum there's a giant timeline of events on a wall and there's a gap of time between 1940 and August 9th,1945:usure:
I walked by it and then backed up and said something is missing:mjtf:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im wondering why we couldn't have dropped one and threatened them with a 2nd, wouldn't they have surrendered? How long did we give them between nuke jobs?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Peace Park in Nagasaki is an amazing place to visit if you ever get a chance
if you let them tell it the attack was unprovoked:dwillhuh:
in the museum there's a giant timeline of events on a wall and there's a giant gap of time between 1940 and August 9th,1945:usure:
I walked by it and then backed up and said something is missing:mjtf:
I actually went to the front to ask then thought better of it at the last moment :wow:

Juven

All Star
Daps
Yeah but Japan started it so it ain't really looked at like that. :manny:

They honestly had no real reason to declare on America, at least not the way they did it

America got them back tho. Nuked them and the fallout turned the legendary imperial Japanese soldiers into anime watching incels :unimpressed:

America:mjpls:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Yea but it saved us WW3 and WW4.

Those nukes were chess pieces not only for Japan but for Germany and Russia. If the world had not seen the might of a nuclear weapon on a city who is it to say Russia wouldn't have done it to London or Paris just to make a point and start ww3. We did the right thing. Stop being soft pussies. Do yall understand the shyt Japanese soldiers did to the Chinese. If we dont drop the nukes and take away their military we wouldve already witnessed asia obliterate each other

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
It’s insane to me that we are taught to see it as a necessary and justified act. Yes, Japan refused to surrender, attacked us first, and their military committed horrific acts on the
Chinese and Koreans.

But, none of that justifies obliterating two cities full of children.
:mindblown:
Are you even old enough to post:gucci: :hhh:. You look 12 :mjlol:.