The Battle of The Firm (Nature Vs. Cormega)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I guess I'm on some other shyt.

"Life's a bytch but god forbid the bytch divorce me/I'll be flooded with ice, so hellfire can't scorch me."

Cormega wrote that classic line and Nas borrowed it. Now what does it mean when the legendary Nas uses one of your lines? Which lines did Nas borrow from Nature?

Show me the Nature song thats on the same level as "Raps a hustle"

Nature has a bunch of lines better than that

And again the part you highlight is about music, I already said Mega makes much better music. I said Nature is a far better rapper as far as pure talent.

ronnie46

i speak facts not emotions
Daps
Reppin
dallas texas

And again the part you highlight is about music, I already said Mega makes much better music. I said Nature is a far better rapper as far as pure talent.

[Verse 2: Cormega]
Yo as d.e.a predicted, I'm in my PJ's waving a biscuit
Cops raided my lab, and enslaved my mistress
When I speak, you listenin'. The way I rhyme I leave precision
Until your mind freak your mic out in each position
The 5 40 out piped out with deep dishes
Check the flow, never test it yo
I manifest it like drug connects pitch and blow
Destined for greatness, check they way my necklace glow
Fake nikkas' hate this. You think something sweet about me?
Come taste this, 9 in your face kid

his best verse to me imo

flah_neon

Rookie
Daps
[Verse 2: Cormega]
Yo as d.e.a predicted, I'm in my PJ's waving a biscuit
Cops raided my lab, and enslaved my mistress
When I speak, you listenin'. The way I rhyme I leave precision
Until your mind freak your mic out in each position
The 5 40 out piped out with deep dishes
Check the flow, never test it yo
I manifest it like drug connects pitch and blow
Destined for greatness, check they way my necklace glow
Fake nikkas' hate this. You think something sweet about me?
Come taste this, 9 in your face kid

his best verse to me imo

Yo, yo
My drug clientele was bringin' me money well
Smokin' buddha, L's, and weed so good they leave a funny smell
nikkas scopin' me, hopin' police is close to me
Mega regulatin', the way shyt supposed to be
Gold chain chokin' me, cocaine provokin' me
To live my destiny, jacuzzi waters soakin' me
Floatin in a smokin Durango, doin my thing yo
My mac-milli (what?) sweeter than a mango
Son, you know the drilly, the drama is a part of me
Did time for, cocaine, knives, and armed robbery
My rhyme rid graffiti as a live nikka prophecy
Mega poetic, rhymes are like dimes but no credit
I'll leave your mind paralyzed dunn, but don't wet it
Scarface persona, I acquired a taste for drama
And I embrace this spray shyt, you banned from the projects
Your love here (fukk it) ain't shyt, yo I'mma see you
nikka you transparent, see through rhymes, fully automated
You semi-crime related, Cormega and Mobb Deep rhyme amazin'
Thug shyt you can't fukk with, what

Thats mega best verse to me

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

:hubie:

Opinions are opinions. But facts cant be denied. U say Nature has better lines but Nas never borrowed any Nature lines. But Nas borrowed Megas line. Thats a fact.

And I wasn't talking about music when I mentioned the song 'Raps A Hustle.' I'm talking about the lyrical concept.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
:hubie:

Opinions are opinions. But facts cant be denied. U say Nature has better lines but Nas never borrowed any Nature lines. But Nas borrowed Megas line. Thats a fact.

And I wasn't talking about music when I mentioned Raps A Hustle. I'm talking about the lyrical concept.

Concept goes into the ability of making music bro. Again, Mega is just a much better artist than Nature. But Nature has him by miles in flow and delivery, lyrically Nature is more slick/clever, Mega is more poetic.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I guess I'm on some other shyt.

"Life's a bytch but god forbid the bytch divorce me/I'll be flooded with ice, so hellfire can't scorch me."

Cormega wrote that classic line and Nas borrowed it. Now what does it mean when the legendary Nas uses one of your lines? Which lines did Nas borrow from Nature?

Show me the Nature song thats on the same level as "Raps a hustle"
nikka u crazy? Regular hood nikkas from the block give line suggestions in the studio. That shyt dont account for gauging someones entire skill set. Only a non rappin ass nikka would even say some shyt like this. Lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Concept goes into the ability of making music bro. Again, Mega is just a much better artist than Nature. But Nature has him by miles in flow and delivery, lyrically Nature is more slick/clever, Mega is more poetic.
Like I said. Convos like this proves that nikkas never wrote a bar in they life. Its just a stupid thing to say. Nas borrowed one line from Mega in a group setting. That means Mega is a better rapper than Nature and on par with Nas? Lol.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nikka u crazy? Regular hood nikkas from the block give line suggestions in the studio. That shyt dont account for gauging someones entire skill set. Only a non rappin ass nikka would even say some shyt like this. Lol

We not talking about mumble mouth rapping "regular nikkaz" we talking about one of the greatest of all time taking a line from Mega. That same legend wasn't borrowing any Nature lines.

LOL @ how that fact got ya'll juelzing. :mjlol:

nikka u the same fool who said Biggie was a gangbanger riding around Bed Sty rocking a blue rag yelling "Crip!" while throwing up the C. Everyone in that thread told you, you sounded retarded. Dont talk to me about "The hood." I dont believe anything u say about the streets, nikkaz on the block or the hood.
:camby:

KillKenny

Pro
Daps
Mega wasnt a problem for Nas. Only people who say shyt like that is Mega fanatics. Nas is in contention with rappers like Biggie and Jay Z and Pac n shyt like that. U would NEVER compare Mega to any of them cats. Only Nas. Wanna know why? Its cause he’s Nas’ people and they had beef. If Mega was never associated with Nas. They would NEVER get compared. This is why Mega never gets compared to other greats.
This is true...
but I got to say - Cormega earned more and more respect over the years.
Mega Philosophy was DOPE, maybe one of the dopest albums in 2010+ from a 90's MC.
So... Cormega definitely has a chance to get a W when we talk about consistency.
I mean if his album that is coming out this month will be that good... I can only think about few rappers that stayed relevant that long.
and YEAH i'm talking about quality NOT ABOUT SALES. fukk sales and charts. All I care is if he puts out a good album or not.