The Best Naevia (Spartacus)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Those things you described (affair with Crixus) is about the character, not the actor's performance. Mira was also a house slave but Katrina Law was never so stiff and monotonous. I don't know, my acting pet peeve is underperforming. There's a line between subtly and wooden and IMO Naevia 1 was the latter. Look at the clip I posted earlier. If that's how she would have played Naevia than I'm glad she was gone. She can't even curse :huhldup:IMO Naevia 1 had overdone the innocent aspect of the character (speaking in that baby voice) by than that during that scene I couldn't see her making that turn convincingly. Missandei from Game of Thrones did a better job of portraying innocence without coming off as infantile as Naevia 1. She should have played it more like that. That's why Naevia 1 and 2 felt like two characters; they're opposites (save for Vengeance).

The character had the most depth in season two. She was justifiably bitter at times but you could still see the old her in her performance. We saw her progress from helplessness to learning to defend herself, dealing with her rape to being able to make love with Crixus again by the end of the season.

Overall I think Naevia 2 just came into the role at an unfortunate time. Had she played Naevia from the beginning she wouldn't really be seen as angry due to the characterization from the last season. I think they should have let her play slave Naevia in a full flashback so people could better make a connection with her first, instead of just seeing her having a panic attack in the forest.

Spartacus2x03_0299.jpg

I'm not going to pick a side. Good debate between yall :ehh:

But their chemistry made this scene :wow:
tumblr_mk3xu25o3F1qa9jn1o1_500.gif
tumblr_mk3xu25o3F1qa9jn1o2_r1_500.gif

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
I like the first one better in looks, but like others have said, she might not have been able to play the role of Naevia later on.

Though if she was still on the show, the show runners might have went a different route with the character. Naevia later on got WAY too annoying for me.
The first one did play a tough chick on an episode of Gotham though :yeshrug::ehh:

When was this :wtf:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Cynthia's Naevia was a much more interesting character so I have to go with #2.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjcry: She from South Africa.

The other one from the UK

She is from London but grew up in the DMV.

I like the first one better in looks, but like others have said, she might not have been able to play the role of Naevia later on.

Though if she was still on the show, the show runners might have went a different route with the character. Naevia later on got WAY too annoying for me.

When was this :wtf:

Nope. The actress left the show just a month before filming season two started, the character development was already planned.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks like its a tie :leon::ehh:

zHx9sxP.jpg

Cynthia tho :whew:

YyKU0Iw.jpg

r53NGp6.jpg

600full-cynthia-addai--robinson.jpg

600full-cynthia-addai--robinson.jpg

Yeah but what about the next couple of seasons? She was all defeated and shook in Season 3. Season 4 and 5 she changed and was more of a warrior. Straight up c*nt too :mjpls:
What are you implying?:patrice:

They needed Crixus to split from Spartacus army like he did in real life so they used the Naevia character do it. It was lazy writing.

Last edited:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
What are you implying?:patrice:

They needed Crixus to split from Spartacus army like he did in real life so they used the Naevia character do it. It was lazy writing.
Yeah I agree with that. I just wonder if it was the first Naevia would we have seen her a lil differently.

Probably not :yeshrug: But damn my homie Crixus turned into a simp :francis:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
i rewatched the spartacus series pretty recently (like 3 weeks ago) and them first few episodes with the 2nd naevia were a true acting struggle...she was actually pretty bad the whole 2nd season tbh :ld: she found a lil groove by the 3rd tho....Lol at yall bringing up a scene where her and crixus just looked at each other and cried as a big "chemistry" moment :mjlol: