The Best Naevia (Spartacus)

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i rewatched the spartacus series pretty recently (like 3 weeks ago) and them first few episodes with the 2nd naevia were a true acting struggle...she was actually pretty bad the whole 2nd season tbh :ld: she found a lil groove by the 3rd tho....Lol at yall bringing up a scene where her and crixus just looked at each other and cried as a big "chemistry" moment :mjlol:
yeah i dont think she was a good actress but she was better than the 1st one

1st one just looked so fukking good though :noah:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i rewatched the spartacus series pretty recently (like 3 weeks ago) and them first few episodes with the 2nd naevia were a true acting struggle...she was actually pretty bad the whole 2nd season tbh :ld: she found a lil groove by the 3rd tho....Lol at yall bringing up a scene where her and crixus just looked at each other and cried as a big "chemistry" moment :mjlol:

Season three over season two? :ld:

Wait. What do you think chemistry is about?

Crixus death scene wasn't just them crying lol. That was a moment between two people conveyed without even speaking to each other.

Crixus and Naevia are drunk off their power until they get a reality check. They realize they can't win this war. But right as they were about to escape, Crixus unexpectedly gets stabbed from behind. Now he was about to get his head chopped off while Naevia was held down, forced to watch him die. Naevia will have to live with this, he knows it, and in this moment he isn't concerned for his own life, but for her. Likewise, Naevia isn't worried about her possibly dying either. You can see the sorrow in both of their eyes. Their love and devotion to each another is all in that scene.

I know it's a morbid scene to bring up :mjlol: But I think it's better than all the romantic stuff from the first season. If you remove all the love scenes from Blood and Sand, there really isn't that much there between them. Like I said before, they never actually really talked (when they did it was about Crixus regaining his title) and Naevia doesn't really contribute to the dynamic; Crixus is carrying all those scenes (honestly Manu could have done all those parts just by himself and it would have been the same). Naevia was just more of an accessory, not a necessity. The Crixus and Naevia scenes in season two and three however, needed both actors...can't have one without the other. They were so good I'd like to see Manu and Cynthia work together again (on Arrow maybe? Deathstroke and Amanda Waller could interact). Whereas I have no desire to see Manu work with Lesley again (and likely neither does he). :yeshrug:

Naevia was basically a non factor as a character in the show before Cynthia, which is why I can't see Lesley being the definitive Naevia. I actually don't even really see Cynthia as her 'replacement'. :ld: Cynthia is Naevia and there just happened to be another actress that played her first. :manny: She accomplished too much and her predecessor did too little for me to give her props like she somehow made gave a hard act to follow; she does nothing significant. No memorable dialogue or scenes, basically just there to sneak out and have sex Crixus, then get taken away (a plot device so Crixus could have a reason to join Spartacus rebellion). If they had fleshed out her character more where she isn't interchangeable with all the other background slaves, maybe I would see the two actors as equals, but even in the prequel when they had that chance, they still did nothing with Naevia character and once again used her to prop up another character (her friend Diona). Lesley never put a stamp on the character like Andy did with Spartacus. They didn't even acknowledge her in the series finale ending credits :russ:

http://spartacus.wikia.com/wiki/Series_Finale_Closing_Credits

Even the Good Cossutius got a shout out. :dead:

Last edited:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Nikkas just picking Naevia 1 because she's prettier but, Naevia 2 definitely earned her place and made me eventually forget about the other chick. Plus, it's not like she's ugly. Just not as beautiful. But those non-makeup photos are making me reconsider :patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: flo

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Season three over season two? :ld:

Wait. What do you think chemistry is about?

Crixus death scene wasn't just them crying lol. That was a moment between two people conveyed without even speaking to each other.

Crixus and Naevia are drunk off their power until they get a reality check. They realize they can't win this war. But right as they were about to escape, Crixus unexpectedly gets stabbed from behind. Now he was about to get his head chopped off while Naevia was held down, forced to watch him die. Naevia will have to live with this, he knows it, and in this moment he isn't concerned for his own life, but for her. Likewise, Naevia isn't worried about her possibly dying either. You can see the sorrow in both of their eyes. Their love and devotion to each another is all in that scene.

I know it's a morbid scene to bring up :mjlol: But I think it's better than all the romantic stuff from the first season. If you remove all the love scenes from Blood and Sand, there really isn't that much there between them. Like I said before, they never actually really talked (when they did it was about Crixus regaining his title) and Naevia doesn't really contribute to the dynamic; Crixus is carrying all those scenes (honestly Manu could have done all those parts just by himself and it would have been the same). Naevia was just more of an accessory, not a necessity. The Crixus and Naevia scenes in season two and three however, needed both actors...can't have one without the other. They were so good I'd like to see Manu and Cynthia work together again (on Arrow maybe? Deathstroke and Amanda Waller could interact). Whereas I have no desire to see Manu work with Lesley again (and likely neither does he). :yeshrug:

Naevia was basically a non factor as a character in the show before Cynthia, which is why I can't see Lesley being the definitive Naevia. I actually don't even really see Cynthia as her 'replacement'. :ld: Cynthia is Naevia and there just happened to be another actress that played her first. :manny: She accomplished too much and her predecessor did too little for me to give her props like she somehow made gave a hard act to follow; she does nothing significant. No memorable dialogue or scenes, basically just there to sneak out and have sex Crixus, then get taken away (a plot device so Crixus could have a reason to join Spartacus rebellion). If they had fleshed out her character more where she isn't interchangeable with all the other background slaves, maybe I would see the two actors as equals, but even in the prequel when they had that chance, they still did nothing with Naevia character and once again used her to prop up another character (her friend Diona). Lesley never put a stamp on the character like Andy did with Spartacus. They didn't even acknowledge her in the series finale ending credits :russ:

http://spartacus.wikia.com/wiki/Series_Finale_Closing_Credits

Even the Good Cossutius got a shout out. :dead:
we get it breh you're a cynthia stan, no need for the essay :comeon:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I'd take Mira Al Ghul :noah:

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whoa! Hold up! Spartcus was fukking epic. The last season was :blessed::gladbron::leostare::to: It had one of the greatest series finales ever!
no it didn't, the last season sucked balls breh :mjcry: the writers were too predictable and it ended up being cornball status :to:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Brehette*. I just wanted to know what you personally define chemistry :lupe:
oh wow haha ok...well when i say chemistry i usually mean when the two actors are in the same frame and u actually believe that these two ppl "love" each other...imo whenever i say cynthia and manu together (especially in the 2nd season) it didnt feel like it did with the first naevia...it got better in the 3rd season but they seems more like fukk buddies than anything to me :yeshrug: the crixus death was well acted tho by both parties :ehh:
no it didn't, the last season sucked balls breh :mjcry: the writers were too predictable and it ended up being cornball status :to:
so the whole caesar infiltration episodes were predictable :mindblown: or when he used the dead bodies to get over the trench :what: maaaaan take this neg breh just cot dayum take it :damn:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
oh wow haha ok...well when i say chemistry i usually mean when the two actors are in the same frame and u actually believe that these two ppl "love" each other...imo whenever i say cynthia and manu together (especially in the 2nd season) it didnt feel like it did with the first naevia...it got better in the 3rd season but they seems more like fukk buddies than anything to me :yeshrug: the crixus death was well acted tho by both parties :ehh:
so the whole caesar infiltration episodes were predictable :mindblown: or when he used the dead bodies to get over the trench :what: maaaaan take this neg breh just cot dayum take it :damn:
Lol see that's exactly how I felt about the first season. Crixus and Naevia were always either fukking or trying to find ways to fukk. They never really talked or bonded as two people.

Crixus and the second Naevia actually never had a sex scene in season three.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
all this thread did was remind how hard sparticus fell off after the OG sparticus andy passed :mjcry:

I wouldn't say it fell off, but it did make me wish Andy was alive to finish the show. Even in the final season, where Liam finally came into the role, I kept thinking "what if Andy got to finish it off?" :mjcry:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Seen my post in this thread. After several rewatches of the series I changed my mind I find myself more attracted to Naevia 2 now.

Looking forward to the best Alex Kamal thread. :lolbron: