The big discussion about Islam thread (extremism/moderation, compatibility with the West...)

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning

:mjcry:

EDITED BY LIU KANG :

In this thread, you can debate about Islam (its flaws, its interpretation, its compatibility with the Western world, its capacity to adapt to the 21st century and so on...) without (real) moderation. Only rules are to stay excellent to each other and avoiding insults and personal attacks. Moderators will intervene if you guys cross the line.

Last edited:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
People choose to be dishonest when discussing the topic and that's where the problem lies.Extremism is part of Islam unfortunately. According to I believe it was Kings College 10,000+ people died due to Islamic extremism in November of this year.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Unless you're an atheist you have no right or credibility to criticize islam.

Because religions like Christianity have extremely high death counts and bodies piled miles high.

And seriously, what type of intellectual still believes in mysticism folklore or mythology?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are VERY few so called "moderate" Muslims out there...

(1) Muslims ALWAYS claim that the Quran has no contradiction, and the Quran has never been "corrupted" and blah blah...If these beliefs are true, how can there possibly be religious distinction between Extreme vs Moderate Muslims...?

If the Quran has no room for human interpretation i.e. MODERATION, then logically, the extreme version of Islam is probably Islam as it should be practised...

(2) Socially, some Muslims maybe "moderate"...For example, a "moderate" Muslim may leave a homosexual alone because that Muslim is living in Canada, and doing as Canadians, but deep inside himself, that Muslim still believes in the Quran's punishment for gay people...

(3) That's my opinion about so called "moderate" Muslims...They tolerate non-Muslims socially, but religiously, many of them, don't have any tolerance for non-Muslims...

(4) Christianity is different because Paul pretty much states that there is no physical ritual any one can do to go to heaven...You go to heaven because of "grace"...And no one really knows what "grace" even means, and hence, you have a million and one Christian denominations, because Paul's writings are subject to 7 Billion different interpretations...

That's why it's easier to have "moderate" Christians than "moderate" Muslims...Islam is similar to the old testament...You have to perform certain rituals to be a good Muslim, and because the Quran was supposedly given to and written by one messenger, there is VERY little room for personal interpretations...

In other words, there is little room for "moderation"...

If you follow the rituals the Quran states you should follow, you are a Muslim, if you don't, you are an Infidel...That's how ISIS and the Taliban see it...They maybe extreme, but I don't believe they are wrong about Islam...

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Because religions like Christianity have extremely high death counts and bodies piled miles high.

And seriously, what type of intellectual still believes in mysticism folklore or mythology?
Christianity did in the past...Not today...Even slavery and colonialism were not driven by Christianity...It was all about racism/ethnocentrism and materialism...Christians don't really believe in Christianity...They pick and chose what suits their own personal desires...

In Western society, there is some separation between religion and politics...We don't make laws based on what is written in the Bible...Americans are not dropping bombs in the Middle East because of what is written in the Bible...

We pretty much understand that the USA is in the Middle East because of Israel, Money and Power...It has VERY little to do with Jesus Christ and the 12 Fairies...

Muslim violence on the other hand is motivated by the ideal that one day, everybody walking on Earth will be a Muslim who follows the Quran by the letter...

Christianity used to be that way, but a lot of social changes have affected how Christians interpret the Bible...

The average Christian doesn't even really know what is written in the Bible...

I know the Bible more than most Christians....For example, when I tell a Christian woman she should shut up in church and wear a hijab to cover her hair, she doesn't even know that this is written in the New Testament by Paul... :mjlol:

Christianity is more of a philosophical religion...Judaism and Islam are more ritualistic and stiff...But Jews aren't going around bombing civilians in the name of Yaweh...

CHL

Superstar
Daps

You must spread reputation to at least 30 other user(s) before you can give reputation to Truth200 again.

Any Christian having the nerve to criticize another religion :mjlol:

KwamePiesie

1st born on Saturn's day
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The African Diaspora
why do muslims in general need to speak out against a group of individuals who 'allegedly' are performing acts against civillians in the name of Allah?

Solomon Caine

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
in the shadows
As a Muslim I don't see a need to apologize for the actions of others, or sugar coat my religion because some ignorant/arrogant prick wants to make it seem as tho Islam is a murderous religion. Why don't these cowards feel the need to condemn Israel or America for killing children and women in the Middle East/Africa/Asia everyday. But you expect Muslims to come out of the woodwork and apologize for every action someone claims to do in the name of Islam. F$#k outta here. Plus I hate these so called moderate Muslims who feel as tho they need to lick ass, its humiliating.

Mind you I do not approve of people that kill innocent people in the name of Islam, its very clear in the Quran and the Hadith of our beloved prophet what the rules of engagement are. If you really wanted to know the truth you would go read the text. Instead of carrying on daily about Islam, you got a problem with Islam do something about it other than moan, we will see how far you get.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
There are a few post in here that are simply not true and not really worth debating because not many educated people think this way.

For some strange reason 2 billion people are supposed to answer for a few thousand who dont even read the quran or practice Islam, lol...

That's why they are called islamist and not Muslim. There is no such thing as extreme islam. There aren't Muslims that justify ANY random acts of violence .. and any group who thinks this way is cut off worldwide.

Here is the reason you all lose the argument and look foolish to people, even to non Muslims. Because of how often this is a topic and they way you all are talking and creating false equivalents, lol. Look at the post in this thread. You dont care about a loss of life, because if you did then we'd discuss extreme poverty and tribalism and international politics and history. Nope, we'd rather blame it fallaciously on a concept. To do that you have to pretend that 2 billion people either dont exists or pretend that you can tell 2 billion people that they are practicing their religion wrong because it doesn't fit your ignorant agenda:dead:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
There are a few post in here that are simply not true and not really worth debating because not many educated people think this way.

For some strange reason 2 billion people are supposed to answer for a few thousand who dont even read the quran or practice Islam, lol...

That's why they are called islamist and not Muslim. There is no such thing as extreme islam. There aren't Muslims that justify ANY random acts of violence .. and any group who thinks this way is cut off worldwide.

Here is the reason you all lose the argument and look foolish to people, even to non Muslims. Because of how often this is a topic and they way you all are talking and creating false equivalents, lol. Look at the post in this thread. You dont care about a loss of life, because if you did then we'd discuss extreme poverty and tribalism and international politics and history. Nope, we'd rather blame it fallaciously on a concept. To do that you have to pretend that 2 billion people either dont exists or pretend that you can tell 2 billion people that they are practicing their religion wrong because it doesn't fit your ignorant agenda:dead:

:duck:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
As a Muslim I don't see a need to apologize for the actions of others, or sugar coat my religion because some ignorant/arrogant prick wants to make it seem as tho Islam is a murderous religion. Why don't these cowards feel the need to condemn Israel or America for killing children and women in the Middle East/Africa/Asia everyday. But you expect Muslims to come out of the woodwork and apologize for every action someone claims to do in the name of Islam. F$#k outta here. Plus I hate these so called moderate Muslims who feel as tho they need to lick ass, its humiliating.

Mind you I do not approve of people that kill innocent people in the name of Islam, its very clear in the Quran and the Hadith of our beloved prophet what the rules of engagement are. If you really wanted to know the truth you would go read the text. Instead of carrying on daily about Islam, you got a problem with Islam do something about it other than moan, we will see how far you get.

masha'allah :salute: brother, well said