The Black community doesn't need

Raava

Staff member
Daps
We need to start organizing now, whether you contribute with money, ideas, or labor hours it's too many of us on here not to start planting seeds. We need to compile of list of legit people on here who we know aren't trolls and take these discussions to a private forum or even a groupme
I agree and I do believe that has been tried before. Sadly a lot of people are just talk, don't really know where to look or the group dies. I am sure something is going on here but I have no idea where to start the mainstream "black community organizations" I don't see much NAACP :camby: The Urban Leauge- no response. My next thing is to try a couple of others. If we had a place to drop information. I would totally be a part of that. Has to be more action than talk.

Our dollars are our strongest weapon right about now....
Spend Wisely & Donate

True so who is going to go out and educate on this? That message needs to get out to the masses. Social media campaign? Who do we hook up with to get that out. Its not good enough to just talk to ourselves, but I admit I have no idea or concrete idea I should say as to go about it. I just know it will be a lot of effort.

I mentioned Bey and Jay in a thread about Macklemore being in the protests and some nikka in ready to take bullets for them. It's like we expect absolutely nothing out of these people we support and make rich.

I make no excuses for them, can't even post a pic or tweet are they that removed. "I'm spinning my foot up, spinnin while my foot up" :skip:

Aligning ourselves with local like-minded people and forming/joining Black-centered organization can prove to be beneficial to us as a group. I stress that the key is organization. We cannot rely and wait for our "leaders" or celebrities to get the ball roaming. We have the ability and opportunity to do it ourselves. It has to start at a local level.

I completely agree with everything you said, who has information on these organizations? Like I said earlier if there was a place to post them or someone knows a site it would be greatly appreciated.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Fast Forward to 2:20 mark...fella makes a valid point

He made an ok point...

but a bigger point is our health.

We can't be better as a people without being healthier as a people. Did you see this nikka?!:mindblown:

He is no longer a human being and can't be relevant to the movement with being so large that he can barely walk or get out of bed.

I know this seems trivial.... but it's not. 90% of the diseased and shyt that affect blacks are self caused. We could be the most healthy group in America, naturally.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I mentioned Bey and Jay in a thread about Macklemore being in the protests and some nikka :cape: in ready to take bullets for them. It's like we expect absolutely nothing out of these people we support and make rich.
I hate to break it to you, but you ( we blacks) didnt necessarily make them rich. One of the key subjects in marketing is knowing your demographic or intended consumer.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
How about we start actually trying to be a community first :comeon:
A community needs rules. How can you be a community if you don't know how a community should act. Most tight-knit communities are basically mini governments.

Let's be a community is a bad way to start being a community because no one knows what that means

Jhoon

Daps
STOP voting for cac sheriffs and judges.
I don't give a fukk if there's a D in front of their names.

THEY DON'T LIKE US UNTIL IT'S VOTING SEASON.
NONE OF THEM.
I live in Philadelphia. We have a black city council and mayor. Harrisburg controls the purse. Harrisburg is filled with cacs. What we need are people. Lots of them.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I hate to break it to you, but you ( we blacks) didnt necessarily make them rich. One of the key subjects in marketing is knowing your demographic or intended consumer.

Breh, I hate to break it to YOU but I'm pretty sure it wasn't white people supporting Reasonable Doubt or early Destiny's Child. If they never made it in the urban market they wouldn't be where they are today.

Pdiddy

Superstar
Daps
He made an ok point...

but a bigger point is our health.

We can't be better as a people without being healthier as a people. Did you see this nikka?!:mindblown:

He is no longer a human being and can't be relevant to the movement with being so large that he can barely walk or get out of bed.

I know this seems trivial.... but it's not. 90% of the diseased and shyt that affect blacks are self caused. We could be the most healthy group in America, naturally.
Huh!?...the guy is skinny as hell:comeon:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
A community needs rules. How can you be a community if you don't know how a community should act. Most tight-knit communities are basically mini governments

How can you just say lets start a government, with no foundation? Like you said a community is a mini government., governments are birthed out of communities.

You are either taught how to act or it is observed. There are a lot or common sense, educated, inovative, skilled, knowledgeable and they aren't bringing it back to their community.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
.us on here going back and forth with each other.

It doesn't need us arguing with trolls.

It doesn't need us on here making threads though this could be used as a tool to organize. But it doesn't need us just on our computers.

It needs our time, sacrifice, and patience. It needs volunteers. It needs leaders and teachers. It needs all those things on a large scale, but can start small too. Nothing is going to change until this happens.

People want to complain about rioters, but are you in those areas teaching them a "better way"? Are you teaching them how to turn these riots into something useful? Are you out trying to educate the next generation while we complain about how lost and watered down they are? Are we getting them educated about voting? Are we out there educating people about economic power? Are we teacher our youth about other options and entrepreneurship?

It will never be another movement if we continue to be so self-absorbed and not willing to be uncomfortable. Most of us on here got out or never were in the hood :usure:. Some of on here are still there but just go on about our business. Too few of us never look back, then complain about other blacks making us look bad.

Go out into the community and talk to these kids/people so that when this happens again they won't be able to say anything but he was an innocent victim throwing a peace sign in a picture.

I'll be honest, I haven't volunteered in over a year to work with kids. It’s hard to break through that shell, takes a lot of patience. This morning I feel empty and angry. They aren't really talking about it on the radio, mainstream news pissing me off with propaganda. I see people going to work as if nothing is wrong and am at work barely able to focus. Something has got to give, this is a cycle it won't stop until we do. It’s easy to type on here. It’s hard to actual go out and give your time.

TL:DR We need to get off our butts. Thread can die but it needed to be said...wishful thinking
what specifically are you going to do. and what do you suggest?

I'm not drilling you... I'm just curious is all. I like hearing ideas.

Jhoon

Daps
Breh, I hate to break it to YOU but I'm pretty sure it wasn't white people supporting Reasonable Doubt or early Destiny's Child. If they never made it in the urban market they wouldn't be where they are today.
You think black folks supported reasonable doubt?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
How can you just say lets start a government, with no foundation? Like you said a community is a mini government., governments are birthed out of communities.

You are either taught how to act or it is observed. There are a lot or common sense, educated, inovative, skilled, knowledgeable and they aren't bringing it back to their community.
I just said let's start a government. Meaning we set policies on paper that we adhere to and get other black people adhere to. Rules that are so perfect they will stand the test of time. The foundations of a community and how we live it. Since we are completely shattered right now we need a two step plan to a, design how we come together and b, how we act when we are together.
I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying but we have a online community right here that we can start with