The Black community doesn't need

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
The thing is, there are already organizations and people in our community doing the work. We don't need anyone to organize new things, we need to support the efforts that have been going on for years. This is why I hate the #newblack c00ns who claim that we do nothing about black on black crime and only cry when white people attack us. We have been marching, we have speak outs, we have townhouse meetings, youth groups, citizen awareness raising programs and strategic meetings about reducing crime in our communities. The problem is, people don't come consistently. Only when shyt like this happens. I love to see new faces when things like this happen, sometimes we manage to catch a few new loyal activists, but most of the time people only show up to make themselves feel good for a few weeks and then drop out.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I just said let's start a government. Meaning we set policies on paper that we adhere to and get other black people adhere to. Rules that are so perfect they will stand the test of time. The foundations of a community and how we live it. Since we are completely shattered right now we need a two step plan to a, design how we come together and b, how we act when we are together.
I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying but we have a online community right here that we can start with
How are you going to enforce these rules?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
He's not that fat either...but I clearly said fast-forward to the 2:20 mark.lol
lol, i started watching the entire thing... and at the 25 sec mark i didn't wanna watch any more. My bad.

my point isn't really related to the video but....

I know we say we don't need leaders..

but realistically, we may not need one main leader, but each group and community needs leaders... there are just some people more willing to sacrifice than others.

image is important in any movement. The leader of any positive thing that pops off ( i know this sounds silly) will need to be appealing. Not in a sexy way. just presentable. I witnessed obese and hideous people not be able to spark shyt, lol... but while i agree with Claud andersons group economics shyt - i life tariqs style and presentation more because hes not old and boring. Propaganda and image is the only way any movement in the history of humans has ever been popped off.

fred+hampton.jpg
Assata-Shakur.jpg
mansa%20musa.jpg
thomas-sankara.jpg

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
How are you going to enforce these rules?
Rules will be written on internal policing with a strict tier of disciplinary actions. After that you just have to hope it makes sense but getting it out of the mind and on paper and agreed upon by the government is what's most important in this phase.

Great question. We need a think tank for that.

Cacs have think tanks. We don't have think tanks

We need think tanks

The coli is a think Tank

Raava

Staff member
Daps
what specifically are you going to do. and what do you suggest?
I'm not drilling you... I'm just curious is all. I like hearing ideas.
I'm going to start volunteering again for one, that is the first and easiest thing to do. That anybody can do.

I was part of (and still connected through my mom) a community organization TMO that focuses pooling different communities within the city together and using the power of numbers to tackle issues in their communities and taking to the city and police. The also work on education programs and jobs. I can bring up some ideas to them at a meeting. But they have to be solid and tackle a specific issue. I was just weary about anything dealing with the city government and it won't just focus on black issues but they do come in handy when numbers are needed.

I also want to try and find more organizations here that are actually doing something. I have some people I can reach out to for that. I just have to do it.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Rules will be written on internal policing with a strict tier of disciplinary actions. After that you just have to hope it makes sense but getting it out of the mind and on paper and agreed upon by the government is what's most important in this phase.

Great question. We need a think tank for that.

Cacs have think tanks. We don't have think tanks

We need think tanks

The coli is a think Tank
Will these rules interfare with other rules?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to start volunteering again for one, that is the first and easiest thing to do. That anybody can do.

I was part of (and still connected through my mom) a community organization TMO that focuses pooling different communities within the city together and using the power of numbers to tackle issues in their communities and taking to the city and police. The also work on education programs and jobs. I can bring up some ideas to them at a meeting. But they have to be solid and tackle a specific issue. I was just weary about anything dealing with the city government and it won't just focus on black issues but they do come in handy when numbers are needed.

I also want to try and find more organizations here that are actually doing something. I have some people I can reach out to for that. I just have to do it.
Good .... and i expected you to have some solid stuff....

mainly because you're a woman.

I know for sure that when i show up to anything.... it will be the women popping shyt off.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:whoa::whoa::whoa:

We are doing too much here. Great thread, and ideas but its too much to take on. A perfect place to start is going to local meetings. I know my city councils meets every other thursday. I attend those meetings, Ive spoken up. I also do a lot more but this isnt about me, its about us.

Mentoring is great, starting your own business is great, organizing yadda yadda yadda all great. But off the bat, it takes too much time to get the ball rolling and its overwhelming because honestly whos is going to sign up for classes next quarter or semester and change their degree or start going back to school or become a mentor within the next month or a foster parent within the next year? none of us.

Look for local meetings with your councilmen and representatives, they are always there (the meetings) and anyone can attend and arent usually more than 2 to 3 hours and are free. Go there, speak up. Start there, then come back for more info.

I cant tell you how many local fools get on the news or in the newspaper because they speak up at the city council meetings (even about stupid stuff or stupid remarks/comments), if you want to be some sort of leader or network go to these things and get your voice heard, speak with other members of the community.

Then consider making bigger steps such as mentoring, teaching, educating...keep your eyes on the prize but remember you have to start small.

@Raedawn07
@Cold Blooded
@At30wecashout
@NobodyReally

Last edited:

Pdiddy

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:

Most of WHAT WE ARE FIGHTING AGAINST IS PROPAGANDA AND MANIPULATION...

The deaths, poverty, stress, and political disenfranchisement ALL happen and are self perpetuated through............... :mjlol:
Image and Reality are two different things