The Black community doesn't need

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Image and Reality are two different things

image and what is pushed into peoples heads > Reality... Who cares about reality? ? For example - in light of this Mike Brown shyt .... The main thing 80% of American can think about is ......... how violent black people are... and black on black crime. Most people of all races have a slight fear of urban blacks.

Look at politics... Especially national politics. and the way people vote.

The way cops even act is based on image ------ their 'threat perceptions' go up in urban communities and when they are around black people.

Look at what black people think of themselves. Look at what white people think when they vote for certain politicians and vote agaisnt their own economic self interest.

Fake shyt was pushed into the minds of slaves in america because slave owners realized. anything u push into a mind > Reality.

reality can be altered and changed.

For example , all white people i do business with invite me to shyt. i never go unless there is a direct ROI and money for me more than them. I do like them and even if their children burned in a fire... I wouldn't really care. I don't tapdance or c00n... or anything.... They just have formed a reality in their mind that I must be cool because i speak to them. Its the same as how Most black actually believe the white people they know or work with wouldn't hang them from a tree if this was the 1800's.

Reality is overrated. Along with doing real actions .... We need to control our own media and develop our own reality.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
@Raedawn07

It's gonna be the little things.

We need to get our own houses in order before we complain about our neighbors.

All these breh swearing off marriage--cool, but, volunteer with black kids.

All these brehs with baby mommas--make peace and be in your child's life.

Married folk--keep at it and teach single ppl.

The black family isn't as weak as we make it, but, improving it is the key to that "next step."

We need not continue to get into these grandiose schemes. They scare people off ("what if it doesn't work?") and we don't always have enough ppl with enough patience.

We need to go back to the little things and build our foundation.

No, all our issues aren't our fault. But, evil isnt going away nicely and we need each other in the mean time.

We all need to cool off and regroup. This ain't the end. We still have John Crawford and Eric Garner's situations.

Last edited:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
...us on here going back and forth with each other.

It doesn't need us arguing with trolls.

It doesn't need us on here making threads though this could be used as a tool to organize. But it doesn't need us just on our computers.

It needs our time, sacrifice, and patience. It needs volunteers. It needs leaders and teachers. It needs all those things on a large scale, but can start small too. Nothing is going to change until this happens.

People want to complain about rioters, but are you in those areas teaching them a "better way"? Are you teaching them how to turn these riots into something useful? Are you out trying to educate the next generation while we complain about how lost and watered down they are? Are we getting them educated about voting? Are we out there educating people about economic power? Are we teacher our youth about other options and entrepreneurship?

It will never be another movement if we continue to be so self-absorbed and not willing to be uncomfortable. Most of us on here got out or never were in the hood :usure:. Some of on here are still there but just go on about our business. Too few of us never look back, then complain about other blacks making us look bad.

Go out into the community and talk to these kids/people so that when this happens again they won't be able to say anything but he was an innocent victim throwing a peace sign in a picture.

I'll be honest, I haven't volunteered in over a year to work with kids. It’s hard to break through that shell, takes a lot of patience. This morning I feel empty and angry. They aren't really talking about it on the radio, mainstream news pissing me off with propaganda. I see people going to work as if nothing is wrong and am at work barely able to focus. Something has got to give, this is a cycle it won't stop until we do. It’s easy to type on here. It’s hard to actual go out and give your time.

TL:DR We need to get off our butts. Thread can die but it needed to be said...wishful thinking.
There is a demonstration supposed to be going down today at MacGregor park, 5pm. You heard of it?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This community, will their rules run counter to the local ordinances, state, and federal rules?

I'm not a professor of state local or federal law so that would have to be determined after determining what rules black people need to form community and maintain community while also identifying the enemy of community and protocols to defend community.

This is a government for black people not a government to replace the law of the land

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a professor of state local or federal law so that would have to be determined after determining what rules black people need to form community and maintain community while also identifying the enemy of community and protocols to defend community.

in 1979 20-35 black boys were killed in one city.
.. I think strangled to Death

This was in Atlanta. And these Country ass nikka didn't have Community policing.

so a group from NYC came down and help them out. Some black Muslims, Muhammad Ali, and some black athletes and celebs donated some cash... and they SELF policed that shyt.
Money went for FULL investigations, media PROPAGANDA corrections, support for families, organizing Real patrols, etc....,

Name Age Date of disappearance
Edward Smith 14 July 21, 1979
Alfred Evans 13 July 25, 1979
Milton Harvey 14 September 4, 1979
Yusef Bell 9 October 21, 1979
Angel Lenair 12 March 4, 1980
Jeffery Mathis 10 March 11, 1980
Eric Middlebrooks 14 May 18, 1980
Chris Richardson 12 June 9, 1980
Latonya Wilson 7 June 22, 1980
Aaron Wyche 10 June 23, 1980
Anthony Carter 9 July 6, 1980
Earl Terell 11 July 30, 1980
Clifford Jones 13 August 20, 1980
Darren Glass 10 September 14, 1980
Charles Stephens 12 October 9, 1980
Aaron Jackson 9 November 1, 1980
Patrick Rogers 16 November 10, 1980
Lubie Geter 14 January 3, 1981
Terry Pue 15 January 22, 1981
Patrick Baltazar 11 February 6, 1981
Curtis Walker 15 February 19, 1981
Joseph Bell 15 March 2, 1981
Timothy Hill 13 March 13, 1981
You are right on every point about self policing. However, We are more terrified of each other than of our Open Enemy so ..... so idk.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I just said let's start a government. Meaning we set policies on paper that we adhere to and get other black people adhere to. Rules that are so perfect they will stand the test of time. The foundations of a community and how we live it. Since we are completely shattered right now we need a two step plan to a, design how we come together and b, how we act when we are together.
I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying but we have a online community right here that we can start with
:ehh: I see what you are saying and agree, but online is not enough. We can use this online community and online resources. But saying putting policies in place that will have to be done offline. It has to be realistic.

The thing is, there are already organizations and people in our community doing the work. We don't need anyone to organize new things, we need to support the efforts that have been going on for years. This is why I hate the #newblack c00ns who claim that we do nothing about black on black crime and only cry when white people attack us. We have been marching, we have speak outs, we have townhouse meetings, youth groups, citizen awareness raising programs and strategic meetings about reducing crime in our communities. The problem is, people don't come consistently. Only when shyt like this happens. I love to see new faces when things like this happen, sometimes we manage to catch a few new loyal activists, but most of the time people only show up to make themselves feel good for a few weeks and then drop out.

We are doing too much here. Great thread, and ideas but its too much to take on. A perfect place to start is going to local meetings. I know my city councils meets every other thursday. I attend those meetings, Ive spoken up. I also do a lot more but this isnt about me, its about us.

Mentoring is great, starting your own business is great, organizing yadda yadda yadda all great. But off the bat, it takes too much time to get the ball rolling and its overwhelming because honestly whos is going to sign up for classes next quarter or semester and change their degree or start going back to school or become a mentor within the next month or a foster parent within the next year? none of us.

Look for local meetings with your councilmen and representatives, they are always there (the meetings) and anyone can attend and arent usually more than 2 to 3 hours and are free. Go there, speak up. Start there, then come back for more info.

I cant tell you how many local fools get on the news or in the newspaper because they speak up at the city council meetings (even about stupid stuff or stupid remarks/comments), if you want to be some sort of leader or network go to these things and get your voice heard, speak with other members of the community.

Then consider making bigger steps such as mentoring, teaching, educating...keep your eyes on the prize but remember you have to start small.

@Raedawn07
@Cold Blooded
@At30wecashout
@NobodyReally
You guys are right.
That's what I am saying though I know there are organaztions already doing this. But I don't know all of them. More of us need to be involved instead of typing on here. I'm not saying take it on here I am saying go out and do this in your own community.

I have been saying start small check my other post in here. You guys are right, I am asking for resources those who know of them need to share, we have a lot of posters from the same areas.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fake shyt was pushed into the minds of slaves in america because slave owners realized. anything u push into a mind > Reality.

We need to control our own media and develop our own reality.

Im not arguing with you, i agree with you but i dont know if i agree with you within the same context. The way I interpret this is media is plural for medium, which is an intervening substance through which something else is transmitted or carried on or in scientific terms a substance that makes possible the transfer of energy from one location to another.

When you say we need to control our own media, you could be talking about media as in cnn,nbc,bet, mtv, newspapers...but the way I see it is we have our own energy and that is what we need to control because the way the system that we live in is designed we are supposed to be dependent and/or helpless and hopeless.

Our energy has been disrupted therefore the energy we transmit throughout our communities and to the rest of the country and world is all fukked up. like you said our mindset has been fukked. and thats where i think we agree, we need to change our mindset and our energy and regain control of our media and not develop but redefine our reality. reality is already developed, theres nothing new under the sun. there was entertainment before the first radio and tv...when they were invented they didnt develop entertainment, they redefined it. we wont have #newblacks we will just redefine what it is to be black.

Pdiddy

Superstar
Daps
image and what is pushed into peoples heads > Reality... Who cares about reality? ? For example - in light of this Mike Brown shyt .... The main thing 80% of American can think about is ......... how violent black people are... and black on black crime. Most people of all races have a slight fear of urban blacks.

Look at politics... Especially national politics. and the way people vote.

The way cops even act is based on image ------ their 'threat perceptions' go up in urban communities and when they are around black people.

Look at what black people think of themselves. Look at what white people think when they vote for certain politicians and vote agaisnt their own economic self interest.

For example , all white people i do business with invite me to shyt. i never go unless there is a direct ROI and money for me more than them. I do like them and even if their children burned in a fire... I wouldn't really care. I don't tapdance or c00n... or anything.... They just have formed a reality in their mind that I must be cool because i speak to them. Its the same as how Most black actually believe the white people they know or work with wouldn't hang them from a tree if this was the 1800's.

Reality is overrated. Along with doing real actions .... We need to control our own media and develop our own reality.
Okay, but image is based on perspective. For example, I might see a nikka with a designer suit as being a professional Others may deem him to be a cornball.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Okay, but image is based on perspective. For example, I might see a nikka with a designer suit as being a professional Others may deem him to be a cornball.

you make a good point but see my post http://www.thecoli.com/posts/11073602/

what you have to consider is what the reality is, is the nikka a professional or is he a cornball. Maybe its possible to be both. The problem with our perceptions now is that a nikka in a suit may be a professional, may be a con artist or scam artist, or going to court--- that reality or perception of a nikka in a suit isnt something that is trusted and true.

if you see a white guy in a suit or an asian guy in a suit your mind probably doesnt jump to something that isnt trusted. you probably think lawyer or ceo, businessman.

if your truly not prejudiced you might consider the same for a black man in a suit, but right now our perception or our media doesnt reflect that trusting image...for us if a nikka is in a suit, theres a reason behind it i.e. hes going to court, is a basketball player at a press conference, a salesman, con artist....could even be a legitmate reason but its not trusting.

Last edited:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
doesn't matter how we see him.
as long as we see him as us and he sees himself that way.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
@Raedawn07

It's gonna be the little things.

We need to get our own houses in order before we complain about our neighbors.

All these breh swearing off marriage--cool, but, volunteer with black kids.

All these brehs with baby mommas--make peace and be in your child's life.

Married folk--keep at it and teach single ppl.

The black family isn't as weak as we make it, but, improving it is the key to that "next step."

We need not continue to get into these grandiose schemes. They scare people off ("what if it doesn't work?") and we don't always have enough ppl with enough patience.

We need to go back to the little things and build our foundation.

No, all our issues aren't our fault. But, evil isnt going away nicely and we need each other in the mean time.

We all need to cool off and regroup. This ain't the end. We still have John Crawford and Eric Garner's situations.

I think all that is part of rebuilding and focusing on the community. There are many issues that a broken community is the cause of. Its all part of the big picture.
I believe there are some little and big things that can be done simultaneously.
There is a demonstration supposed to be going down today at MacGregor park, 5pm. You heard of it?
Yea I heard of it and its no way I can get over there before 730, but I am talking about after the protest and everything. Do you know who is organizing it? What group?

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Care to elaborate :sas2:

I will the best I can. Granted im goin off the top of the dome so forgive me if im not as poignant as possible. But redefinition, the word, is somewhat like rebranding. Think of things that were rebranded like Coca Cola. Its still coca cola, they can change the formula but it always was and will be, (we're talking coke classic).

We will always be black, but as far as the negative connotations associated with being black we can rid ourselves of those. The world loves comeback stories, stories of over coming adversity etc. For instance America and Americans hated the influx of Asians, yet Asians that come to America are making more money and obtaining higher degrees of education in higher numbers and fulfilling higher qualified positions in all sorts of careers than other white americans. Yeah, America may still have a dislike for Asians, but at the same time, being Asian isnt associated with being a stinky slant eyed, no engirsh, fish and dog, rice eating ching chong mother fukker.....so to speak.