Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
i desperately want to see trump lose... for two reasons really... 1) i don't agree with his candidacy... :yeshrug:

but that's not really a big deal.... it's the comedic factor that really makes me want to see him lose... 2) trump would absolutely go into full meltdown mode if he lost... could you imagine the ether that iowa would take from trump if he lost? :noah::ohlawd:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
It's looking like Trump/Clinton, Sanders takes out Clinton if he can get the turnout. I don't see Cruz having a shot against Trump and I see Kasich getting 2nd place.

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
Who voted kasich?:wtb:

A NY Times reader.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/31/opinion/sunday/a-chance-to-reset-the-republican-race.html

By THE EDITORIAL BOARDJAN. 30, 2016

Continue reading the main storyShare This Page
  • figures, which he’s pegged at 23 or 42 percent (the correct number is 5 percent) don’t merit his attention.

Continue reading the main story
    RELATED IN OPINIONFrom deporting Mexican immigrants and barring Muslims to slapping a 45 percent tariff on Chinese imports, Mr. Trump invents his positions as he goes along. His supporters say they don’t care. What they may not know is how deliberately he is currying their favor. At a meeting with The Times’s editorial writers, Mr. Trump talked about the art of applause lines. “You know,” he said of his events, “if it gets a little boring, if I see people starting to sort of, maybe thinking about leaving, I can sort of tell the audience, I just say, ‘We will build the wall!’ and they go nuts.”

Photo
    31sun2web-articleLarge.jpg

Gov. John Kasich of Ohio. CreditBrian Snyder/Reuters
    Ted Cruz’s campaign isn’t about constitutional principles; it’s about ambition. In his three years in the Senate, he has helped to engineer a shutdown of the government and has alienated virtually the entire chamber, both of which he bills as accomplishments since he lacks real ones. Now, whether he’s threatening to “carpet bomb” Syrian villages or pitching a phony “flat tax” that would batter middle-class consumers, Mr. Cruz will say anything to win. The greater worry is that he’d follow words with action.

More than a half-dozen other candidates are battling for survival. Jeb Bush has failed to ignite much support, but at least he has criticized the bigotry of Mr. Trump and the warmongering of Mr. Cruz. Senator Marco Rubio, currently embracing the alarmist views of the front-runners, seems to have forgotten his more positive “New American Century” campaign, based on helping the middle-class. The terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernardino exposed Ben Carson’s inability to grasp the world. Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey has said he would shoot down Russian planes, engage with the dead king of Jordan and bar refugees, including orphaned Syrian toddlers.

Hillary Clinton for the Democratic Nomination
    By THE EDITORIAL BOARD

RECENT COMMENTS
    Sylvia

1 hour ago
    If Rand Paul was more anxious to please everybody than to present himself honestly, he'd stand a better chance of winning the media circus...

dolly patterson
    1 hour ago
    Does the NYT have any idea of how many Republicans read its paper? Will their endorsement have any power?

@PISonny
    1 hour ago
    You have shown sound judgment here in endorsing Kasich, who is one of the three sane contenders for R nomination, the other two being Jeb...
    • SEE ALL COMMENTS
    • WRITE A COMMENT
    Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, though a distinct underdog, is the only plausible choice for Republicans tired of the extremism and inexperience on display in this race. And Mr. Kasich is no moderate. As governor, he’s gone after public-sector unions, fought to limit abortion rights and opposed same-sex marriage.

Still, as a veteran of partisan fights and bipartisan deals during nearly two decades in the House, he has been capable of compromise and believes in the ability of government to improve lives. He favors a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, and he speaks of government’s duty to protect the poor, the mentally ill and others “in the shadows.” While Republicans in Congress tried more than 60 times to kill Obamacare, Mr. Kasich did an end-run around Ohio’s Republican Legislature to secure a $13 billion Medicaid expansion to cover more people in his state.

“I am so tired of my colleagues out here on the stage spending all their time talking about Barack Obama,” he told a town hall crowd in New Hampshire. “His term is over.” Mr. Kasich said recently that he had “raised the bar in this election. I’ve talked about hope and the future and positive things.” In this race, how rare that is.

Related Editorial: “Hillary Clinton for the Democratic Nomination” »

Follow The New York Times Opinion section on Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for theOpinion Today newsletter.

A version of this editorial appears in print on January 31, 2016, on page SR10 of the New York edition with the headline: A Chance to Reset the Republican Race. Today's Paper|Subscribe

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I was confident just a week ago, but as it draws closer I'm thinking Clinton over Bernie:mjcry:
Hoping for some last minute side changing on Clinton supporters part, and O'malley's to go with Bernie.