The Coli Movie Club: End of Watch (2012)

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
See that's what I'm saying. Not singling you out breh but just your example. Most reviews for this flick are going to be just like this. Less watching more reminiscing and retro review. Not saying you gotta watch it again son at all but it's just going to be a weird dynamic
I also didn't want to get too in-depth and spoil it for someone, carolina was already in here catching feelings. Great dialogue, great acting, great characters, the story is a little ridiculous/over-the-top but it was really entertaining and it took me on a rollercoaster of emotions. I got choked up at a few parts. The thing a lot of movies fail to do is make me care about its characters, If you can get that part right, you'll probably have a good flick on your hands, regardless if another aspect isn't necessarily up to snuff.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I also didn't want to get too in-depth and spoil it for someone, carolina was already in here catching feelings. Great dialogue, great acting, great characters, the story is a little ridiculous/over-the-top but it was really entertaining and it took me on a rollercoaster of emotions. I got choked up at a few parts.

Oh nah no diss at all breh. And I know people get sensitive about spoilers so you did the right thing. I'm just saying that I hope there are a lot of people who haven't seen the movie rather than just remembering what they saw

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
How did I spoil it?
You and @Sensitive Blake Griffin both have no idea what a spoiler tag is apparently....how am I supposed to enjoy the movie now knowing the whole time all I'm gonna be thinking about is what's gonna happen to these dudes at the end :beli:

Anytime someone tells you the ending is :sadcam:/:to: how do you not think about that the whole movie? shyt is stupid man I hate when people do that shyt.

Edit- @Method Man too, the fukk is wrong with you nikkas man :dahell:

TEKBEATZ

Banging Pads
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Saint Petersburg. FL
You and @Sensitive Blake Griffin both have no idea what a spoiler tag is apparently....how am I supposed to enjoy the movie now knowing the whole time all I'm gonna be thinking about is what's gonna happen to these dudes at the end :beli:

Anytime someone tells you the ending is :sadcam:/:to: how do you not think about that the whole movie? shyt is stupid man I hate when people do that shyt.

Sensitive nikka.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Breh, you can see this ending coming a mile-fukking-away, it's not going to lessen any emotional impact the movie might have. I mean, how are we supposed to discuss the movie? If I say the shyt was sad you're still going to be thinking the whole time "where is the sad part coming?" so basically all I can say in this thread is I liked the movie and the acting and dialogue. But really, the best part was that I was emotionally enveloped in the characters and it made me teary eyed. It's not like there's some twist ending, it's like telling you the green mile is sad

Daps
Entertaining movie, I absolutely HATED the ending. Wanted to throw my shoe at my television.

I'll rewatch soon to refresh my memory on my gripes and the things I liked.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@flea I was ready to come in and blast you but this is a good pick...I approve.
YJtIp6f.gif

On to the review.

The script and the performances by Peña and Gyllenhaal are top notch. The atmosphere is gritty and about as close to being part of a ride along with real cops that one can get from the comfort of their couch in their living room. And Peña and Gyllenhaal immediately click as partners/best friends and it is their chemistry that drives the majority of the film. Really don't think that this movie needed to use the documentary style of filming though, it would have probably been just as good if not better as a straight-up regularly filmed movie.
That ending though was so obviously the studio letting focus groups dictate tings because it ended up being a total cop out. If a little bravery had been shown with the ending this would have been a great movie instead of just a really good one.

Three Roger Eberts for END OF WATCH: :ebert::ebert::ebert:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Why are you in a review thread where you know the potential for spoilers are going to be high (especially on this message board) before watching the movie?

First rule of Movie Club...stay out of the week's movie thread till you have watched the movie.