The Coli Movie Club: End of Watch (2012)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Why are you in a review thread where you know the potential for spoilers are going to be high (especially on this message board) before watching the movie?

First rule of Movie Club...stay out of the week's movie thread till you have watched the movie.

maybe we need an actual set of rules:isthatall:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
See that's what I'm saying. Not singling you out breh but just your example. Most reviews for this flick are going to be just like this. Less watching more reminiscing and retro review. Not saying you gotta watch it again son at all but it's just going to be a weird dynamic
I have to be honest, I didn't watch it again but I did write a review for my blog of it last year so I just reworked what I previously wrote. My opinion is still the same though.

Daps
maybe we need an actual set of rules:isthatall:

The original rules said put spoilers in tags. That made for a shytty thread tho, imo.

No spoilers in the OP should be sufficient.

Plus if people use common sense about major spoilers (like not saying Darth Vader is Luke's father in the second post) then we should be cool.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The original rules said put spoilers in tags. That made for a shytty thread tho, imo.

No spoilers in the OP should be sufficient.

Plus if people use common sense about major spoilers (like not saying Darth Vader is Luke's father in the second post) then we should be cool.

I agree with you breh. We all decided in the first movie that we don't need spoiler tags. but that's what I'm saying: a list of rules that starts with rule 1, don't jump into the thread unless you've seen the movie because there may be spoilers. And probably one or two other rules

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Why are you in a review thread where you know the potential for spoilers are going to be high (especially on this message board) before watching the movie?

First rule of Movie Club...stay out of the week's movie thread till you have watched the movie.
nikkas was talking about the end 10 minutes after the thread was made :heh:

Clearly I'm wrong though so I'll take my L and move on....I don't even know why this site bothers with the spoiler tag option :russ:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So the flick just finished and I got my thoughts together kinda quickly:

Good script as far as dialogue, focusing on character, action, and managing to tie everything together so there really are no wasted scenes. Props to the crew for not making a stereotypical cop movie, especially LA cops and making it seem like just following these two friends around who happen to be cops, not two cops who become friends. There were a couple obvious things coming and not because of the acting or genre tropes, but through the obvious foreshadowing in the script which did irk me. While I liked the characters I never felt invested in anything they did or didn't do. The flick definitely didn't need the found footage trope especially when they started mixing in soundtrack music with diegetic music which really threw me for a loop.

@Jello Biafra I don't think the ending is a cop out tho because through most of the film, they're clearly setting up that one of them is the better man and that the other has a lot to learn from him so it's always sad when the "better" man dies, especially when his wife came at him about risking his life to save kids who aren't his when he has one on the way, so it was fairly obvious at that point that he was going to die and it makes it worse that one of them lives but that's just my view

Overall, 3/5. Good, not great

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I haven't been getting tagged :to:

But I been busy :manny:

I seen this though so I'll throw up my review when I get back to the crib. Loved it

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i never get tagged in these and i live in the film room :beli:

Saw this movie first day in theatres.

loved it

felt the ending was a bit cheap
with of course the white guy surviving.. they should have both died.. but i loved the funny story ending right after

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I liked it. Had been meaning to watch. Good that they kept it clean and not corrupt like training day. Agree with comments on ending. Acting was decent. Story didn't complicate itself.