The DCCU takeover is just a year away.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Im just LoL literally at OP response about Ant-Man.

OF COURSE no one cares about ant-man. He's a uninteresting character. IT'S UP TO MARVEL TO MAKE US CARE by making a entertaining movie. People really trying to rewrite history like when GOTG first was announced nikkas didn't have the :comeon: face.

But now GOTG is a certified classic. Marvel knows what they doing. DC at best can only hope to partake in these festivities. They will never overthrow Marvel in the live action front(DC owns the animation game though)

There is a VERY good chance BvS may not even be better then Cap 3. But you think thats gonna be the start of a revolution???
:mjlol:

:mjlol:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
If BvS & SS come strong out the gate with numbers and positive reviews then i could see the shift happening. Hell it make only take one movie
Because a movie with cap/iron man/black panther and spidey not coming out that same year right??:francis:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Which one is more Iconic?

Thats not the point. If DC comes out with a good movie. Thats exactly what it will be. A good movie. Yall on here wishing for Marvel's downfall when they have a proven formula that wont be stopping anytime soon. Marvel has a movie that will be just as big in scope as BvS dropping the same year.

Im all for DC coming out swinging. But a "takeover" is delusional. Like i said before. DC can only hope to partake in these festivities. They not doing a damn thing to Marvel competition wise.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you talking from a quality of popularity standpoint?

If the former...hell yea I agree. Yo me DC is far superior to Marvel when it comes to depicting their comics. They cast better, they have better directors and their films are rated higher.

Now if youre talking about popularity idk...Marvel has the kids on lock and continue making kid friendly movies.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
DC ain't taking over anything. DC isn't really dominating TV. Flash is really the only great show they have. Arrow has been trash this season and even though I like Gotham, it's only entertaining to me, I don't think it's all that good. I can't see that Supergirl show being all that good either.

I don't watch Agents of Shield and didn't watch Agent Carter either but Marvel got Netflix with Daredevil getting great reviews and Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist next up.

On the movie side I can't see DC having much effect on Marvel. DC is the one who moved Batman V Superman away from going up against Civil War because why lose money on both ends.

I'll try to reserve judgement but DC got fukking Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. Hopefully she is good but I'm not sure if she can carry a whole film with the little I've seen of her.

Man of Steel wasn't a flop but you can tell WB wanted more and it got bad reviews. That's why you got Batman showing up so early instead of a Man of Steel 2. WB/DC got their work cut out for them.

Meanwhile after Age of Ultron comes out, the Marvel Cinematic Universe will be the highest grossing franchise of all time. Seeing as how many movies they're putting out in the next 5 years and they will do about $500 million minimum. I don't see that changing. After the first Avengers film, every Phase 2 Marvel film made at least $600 million each. If Ant-Man is really a success, then Marvel won't be worried about anything.

:mjlol: This fool OP talking about Marvel backlash, meanwhile Age of Ultron just broke Marvel's previous record of international overseas box office by making over $200 million before it's even released in the U.S

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
op MIGHT be on to something. :patrice:

Facts are that Supes and Batman are the biggest Superheroes in the world. They just are. :manny:

if WB pulls this off...... :lupe:

It could very well be "concerning" to Disney/Marvel esp since WB doesn't have that minor problem Marvel has with their properties split up.

Takeover is a bit much, but jumping ahead in the race is a VERY realistic proposition if they pull off this movie.