The DCCU takeover is just a year away.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Takeover of what?:dwillhuh:

Warner Bros haven't been able to successfully market any other character other than Batman and Superman in live action movies. Green Lantern, Supergirl, Cat Woman, The Losers, Jonah Hex, Constantine etc all came and went and never evolved into successful continuing franchises. You can't have a successful have a cinematic universe or "takeover" without being able to do that. Dawn of Justice is simply another in the long line of Batman and Superman movies that have been produced. Just that in this case it's one film. It really depends on how the other movies and titular characters are received in their individual franchises/movies with no Batman or Superman in the fold.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They not doing a damn thing to Marvel competition wise.

Marvel Studios has two films that went over one billion worldwide. The Avengers and then Iron Man 3 which got the Avengers bump. Nolan's The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises both went over one billion and he refused to include 3D which would have put them WAY over a billion.

Avengers: Age of Ultron is sure to do over a billion. I'm predicting Batman v. Superman also accomplishes that feat. So really... who is hurting in all of this? It's great for both of them.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Marvel Studios has two films that went over one billion worldwide. The Avengers and then Iron Man 3 which got the Avengers bump. Nolan's The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises both went over one billion and he refused to include 3D which would have put them WAY over a billion.

Avengers: Age of Ultron is sure to do over a billion. I'm predicting Batman v. Superman also accomplishes that feat. So really... who is hurting in all of this? It's great for both of them.

Uhhhh. Thanks for saying what i been saying for my last 3 posts :yeshrug:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Are you talking from a quality of popularity standpoint?

If the former...hell yea I agree. Yo me DC is far superior to Marvel when it comes to depicting their comics. They cast better, they have better directors and their films are rated higher.

Now if youre talking about popularity idk...Marvel has the kids on lock and continue making kid friendly movies.

TMzO44C.jpg

:sas1:

5jdLQJ0.jpg

:sas2:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Isn't the takeover more like a year and a half to 2 years away if we have to wait for Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad to come out and then be well received?

Pray for Marvel's downfall early brehs, cause until then you know what time it is. :youngsabo:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
DC has TV, has animated films, and after Ultron, :snoop: I see the tide changing.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I could understand if DC a steady flow of piff over the years but their best film sans TDK series was mediocre(MoS) to say the best. A couple years later nothing has changed because the guy who directed DCs first and only shared universe film is practically running things.:francis: To take over BvS would have to pure piff and Suicide would have to be at least decent. Only the latter is likely to happen cuz Snyder has proven to be a disappointment time and time again.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Oh yeah, let's not forget that DC's recent animated films haven't been half as good as they used to be. After Flashpoint Paradox, all the latest films have been average to mediocre.

I don't expect the live action films to be critically all that better either. Most Marvel films end up in the low 90's, 80's and 70's on Rotten tomatoes. Man of Steel, the film that starts off the DCCU ended up with a 56%.

I'm not trying to say RT is gospel, but that's a horrible score for the first film of a cinematic universe.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
don't like him? we still haven't learned our lessons from judging beforehand?

This ain't like Ledger. It's the exact opposite actually. All the doubts disappeared when he was first shown in make up. People were willing to give Leto a shot until they seen how he looks. The internet has been going in on him since then.

He looks terrible. He looks like the lead singer to an alt rock band. It looks like a 14 year old goth kid re-imagined Joker. I'm not saying it's impossible for him to nail the role but I have no idea what he would even have to do during the course of the movie, to wipe that initial corny ass image from my memory. He would have to do some "The Killing Joke" level shyt the whole movie.

Fred.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This ain't like Ledger. It's the exact opposite actually. All the doubts disappeared when he was first shown in make up. People were willing to give Leto a shot until they seen how he looks. The internet has been going in on him since then.

He looks terrible. He looks like the lead singer to an alt rock band. It looks like a 14 year old goth kid re-imagined Joker. I'm not saying it's impossible for him to nail the role but I have no idea what he would even have to do during the course of the movie, to wipe that initial corny ass image from my memory. He would have to do some "The Killing Joke" level shyt the whole movie.

Fred.

But that wasn't even an OFFICIAL picture yet. I'm reserving judgement. I know this is part of the hype with us applauding and shytting on things we see before the movie releases, but it's gotta look like complete shyt to me for me to clown beforehand. It's not like Adam Sandler is the Joker.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But that wasn't even an OFFICIAL picture yet. I'm reserving judgement. I know this is part of the hype with us applauding and shytting on things we see before the movie releases, but it's gotta look like complete shyt to me for me to clown beforehand. It's not like Adam Sandler is the Joker.

What wasn't an official picture? The Leto one was from the director of the movie. If that's how he looks what was the point of posting it?

And it does look like complete shyt. If you disagree :manny: but you're in the extreme minority. If this ain't the finished product it'll probably be because the internet has been clowning it for a week straight.

Fred.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps

Fred.

There have been reports that the tats were just for the pic and won't be in the movie. Don't know how true it is but it didn't appear to have any tats in the leaked photo of him :yeshrug:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Dc has tv? Daredevil is better than any DC live action tv show ever created...............after just 1 season.