The DCCU takeover is just a year away.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Snyder has proven to be a disappointment time and time again.

That's your opinion but I will say that 300, Watchmen, Man of Steel and Dawn of the Dead were all fairly well received to varying degrees. Even a film like Man of Steel which had mixed reviews and was very polarizing was more well received by audiences than Singer's Superman Returns. Anyone wanting the return of the Donner era is stuck in the past. Leave the past in the past. Nobody wants that anymore.

Why do you think DC does shyt like the new 52 and Marvel is doing their big event this summer that will alter their universe? Because shyt becomes stale and very convoluted. It can bring new fans in and give old fans something different to try.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You fools need to learn to pay RT no mind. The last "Avengers" broke sales records, there will be critics shytting on the sequel just for the clicks. The same goes for "Batman V Superman", I guarantee.

Granted, I ain't seen either movie but nobody is clicking on 60 reviews that all say "it's great". People are going to go read, talk about, and post links to negative reviews. It's damn near guaranteed publicity for a movie of this size.

Fred.

The Dark Knight had a 94% though so I'm not really sure what you're saying is true. Maybe it is but I don't remember a film with more hype surrounding it than The Dark Knight and nobody gave it a negative review. Who knows.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Dark Knight had a 94% though so I'm not really sure what you're saying is true. Maybe it is but I don't remember a film with more hype surrounding it than The Dark Knight and nobody gave it a negative review. Who knows.

That just underscores why RT is silly.

It got 94% because it's 296 positive reviews vs 19 negative. "Age Of Ultron" has 72% off 71 postive reviews.

To put that into perspective there's only a 22% difference in their scores despite there being 4x as many positive reviews for "TDK".

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That just underscores why RT is silly.

It got 94% because it's 296 positive reviews vs 19 negative. "Age Of Ultron" has 72% off 71 postive reviews.

To put that into perspective there's only a 22% difference in their scores despite there being 4x as many positive reviews for "TDK".

Fred.

I wasn't aware Age of Ultron was down to 72% but I haven't watched it nor have I looked into what the criticisms are. I'll catch it this weekend. I'm not a huge Whedon fan but I'll go into it with an open mind. Plus, ain't shyt else for us to go to. :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DC will continue to lose as long as they decide to keep going for realism and trying to be deep and dark....Is it safe to say those Dark Knight films fukked them over for a long time:patrice:? They movies really should be more similar in tone to Marvel but after those Dark Knight movies it just would be hard to take Batman seriously with that tone:patrice:?But the rest of they characters are best suited for that,that I know of.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
DC will continue to lose as long as they decide to keep going for realism and trying to be deep and dark....Is it safe to say those Dark Knight films fukked them over for a long time:patrice:? They movies really should be more similar in tone to Marvel but after those Dark Knight movies it just would be hard to take Batman seriously with that tone:patrice:?But the rest of they characters are best suited for that,that I know of.

That is what they should NOT do. They need to have a different tone from Marvel, not follow them and adapt their formula. Plus they went that way with Green Lantern (which was suppose to start a new universe) and failed. Realism is their forte, Marvel's is the campy theme. They should mix it up every now and then though to keep things fresh

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That's your opinion but I will say that 300, Watchmen, Man of Steel and Dawn of the Dead were all fairly well received to varying degrees. Even a film like Man of Steel which had mixed reviews and was very polarizing was more well received by audiences than Singer's Superman Returns. Anyone wanting the return of the Donner era is stuck in the past. Leave the past in the past. Nobody wants that anymore.

Why do you think DC does shyt like the new 52 and Marvel is doing their big event this summer that will alter their universe? Because shyt becomes stale and very convoluted. It can bring new fans in and give old fans something different to try.

What does Snyder disappointing with MoS have to do with people wanting the Donner era back? Why do you guys keep insisting as if there are only two Superman interpretations in history and it has to be one or the other?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
That is what they should NOT do. They need to have a different tone from Marvel, not follow them and adapt their formula. Plus they went that way with Green Lantern (which was suppose to start a new universe) and failed. Realism is their forte, Marvel's is the campy theme. They should mix it up every now and then though to keep things fresh
Winter Soldier was Campy:mjlol:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

Naw... DC would fail horribly if they tried to directly compete with the family tone of the marvel movies. The entire reason people think DC can "Takeover" is because they are bringing a gritty feel to the superhero movies.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Nah I completely disagree. What DC is doing is definitely harder to do but when they hit it'll be a grand slam. Going the marvel route would be a cop out money grab

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naw... DC would fail horribly if they tried to directly compete with the family tone of the marvel movies. The entire reason people think DC can "Takeover" is because they are bringing a gritty feel to the superhero movies.

You think so?every character they have i think is probaly more popular than the ones in Avengers....if they make better movies i dont see how they can fail,money wise they would bring in just as much money if not more.

And im not even thinking be more for kids on the compete with Marvel level....It just seems like to me the DC universe kindve calls for that suspension of disbelief alot more than Marvels world....so the serious tone doesnt help their universe at all...they need to get people out of Noland world completley imo....taking the tone Marvel does i think would just bring the best ojt of all they characters EXCEPT Batman....So we gon make the tone serious which hurts the rest of the characters all so Batman wont look out of place:patrice:...if Batman has to look out of place let him look out of place...dont bring the rest of the characters to match this serious Nolan tone that doesnt work,at least it didnt work in MOS for me.

Guess DC would rather build the team around Batman than force Batman to play his position...he's the Allen Iverson of DC,im gon have fun watching Batman at least:banderas:

Batman being serious while everybody else isnt would probaly just bring comedic effect versus making the movie shytty because he seems out of place,which i guess is the fear.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
You think so?every character they have i think is probaly more popular than the ones in Avengers....if they make better movies i dont see how they can fail,money wise they would bring in just as much money if not more.

And im not even thinking be more for kids on the compete with Marvel level....It just seems like to me the DC universe kindve calls for that suspension of disbelief alot more than Marvels world....so the serious tone doesnt help their universe at all...they need to get people out of Noland world completley imo....taking the tone Marvel does i think would just bring the best ojt of all they characters EXCEPT Batman....So we gon make the tone serious which hurts the rest of the characters all so Batman wont look out of place:patrice:...if Batman has to look out of place let him look out of place...dont bring the rest of the characters to match this serious Nolan tone that doesnt work,at least it didnt work in MOS for me.

Guess DC would rather build the team around Batman than force Batman to play his position...he's the Allen Iverson of DC,im gon have fun watching Batman at least:banderas:

Batman being serious while everybody else isnt would probaly just bring comedic effect versus making the movie shytty because he seems out of place,which i guess is the fear.

I mean breh.... Can u really imagine Suicide Squad in the tone of the marvel films?? :francis: