The DCCU takeover is just a year away.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Dc has tv? Daredevil is better than any DC live action tv show ever created...............after just 1 season.
Green Arrow, never seen it myself but, is supposed to be really popular.

Flash is up there too and going back Smallville was killing it for a while. DC always had TV.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You fools need to learn to pay RT no mind. The last "Avengers" broke sales records, there will be critics shytting on the sequel just for the clicks. The same goes for "Batman V Superman", I guarantee.

Granted, I ain't seen either movie but nobody is clicking on 60 reviews that all say "it's great". People are going to go read, talk about, and post links to negative reviews. It's damn near guaranteed publicity for a movie of this size.

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Would that matter if Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad blow???
No, but they have to blow first. lol And the guy who made MoS is making Bats v Supes and generally speaking his movies are not as well received on a Marvel level.

Zach Snyder Directing track record RT %
Dawn of the Dead 75%
300 60%
Watchmen 65%
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole 50%
Sucker Punch 23%
MoS 56%

So his best effort was 11 years ago and he has not been able to duplicate it since. And doing Bat vs Supes will guarantee a lot of ticket sales but will also bring a higher level of critical scrutiny. EVERY critic knows who they are and how they should be portrayed, if he doesn't satisfy that vision? Rotten tomato on deck.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You fools need to learn to pay RT no mind. The last "Avengers" broke sales records, there will be critics shytting on the sequel just for the clicks. The same goes for "Batman V Superman", I guarantee.

Granted, I ain't seen either movie but nobody is clicking on 60 reviews that all say "it's great". People are going to go read, talk about, and post links to negative reviews. It's damn near guaranteed publicity for a movie of this size.

Fred.
It is a flawed metric but uh it is a metric. The pro/con bias I believe is close to net 0 so still very usable.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It is a flawed metric but uh it is a metric. The pro/con bias I believe is close to net 0 so still very usable.

It's not about pro or con. It's about the nature of the internet. The very first negative review was from a site nobody had heard of, prior to the negative review. Because of that people were discussing that site, and that guy.

If he gave it a positive review nobody knows he exists, because it's one out of 50-60.

I'm not saying everyone gives bad reviews for attention, but bad reviews get more attention than good ("TDKR", anyone?) and because of that you can't discount certain sites using that for attention.

Even ignoring that, the RT baseline for whether or not a movie is good or bad is usually wildly out of tune with opinions on here. So I don't get quoting that site, unless there's an agenda.

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's not about pro or con. It's about the nature of the internet. The very first negative review was from a site nobody had heard of, prior to the negative review. Because of that people were discussing that site, and that guy.

If he gave it a positive review nobody knows he exists, because it's one out of 50-60.

I'm not saying everyone gives bad reviews for attention, but bad reviews get more attention than good ("TDKR", anyone?) and because of that you can't discount certain sites using that for attention.

Even ignoring that, the RT baseline for whether or not a movie is good or bad is usually wildly out of tune with opinions on here. So I don't get quoting that site, unless there's an agenda.

Fred.

I like it as a metric but I know a lot of people on here don't that's why I usually refrain but thread starter opened the gate by referencing RT ratings like it is meaningful to him.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Green Arrow, never seen it myself but, is supposed to be really popular.

Flash is up there too and going back Smallville was killing it for a while. DC always had TV.

Point being if Marvel keeps being on point like Daredevil they wont be on top long.

Daredevil is better than all the shows you mentioned.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
metacritic > rotten tomatoes
rotten tomatoes is terrible, they way too generous with the scores.

Last edited:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Point being if Marvel keeps being on point like Daredevil they wont be on top long.

Daredevil is better than all the shows you mentioned.
Marvel was never on point with TV shows. They've never had it on lock. Marvel, since Iron Man, has had the movies and that's all it ever was.

That said, if Marvel's Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders on Netflix are as good as Daredevil is, then you might see a change but Gotham, Arrow, Constantine, Titans, Static Shock, etc. would all have to flop. :patrice: