The Death of the UFC

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Will either be a fighter's union or a shift in the sport towards the boxing business model.

I was talking about fighter pay with a buddy yesterday and the shyt should hit the fan eventually.

Zuffa is paying the undercard guys at least 8 grand a fight now... But it just seems like boxers get paid so much more.

Why is that, brehs?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Will either be a fighter's union or a shift in the sport towards the boxing business model.

I was talking about fighter pay with a buddy yesterday and the shyt should hit the fan eventually.

Zuffa is paying the undercard guys at least 8 grand a fight now... But it just seems like boxers get paid so much more.

Why is that, brehs?

There's more money in Boxing and Boxing is bigger World Wide:yeshrug:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
There's more money in Boxing and Boxing is bigger World Wide:yeshrug:

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

My buddy said the same thing. But as a boxing promoter I'm not in the business of putting up fights cards that lose money.

What befuddles me is how seemingly unknown boxers get paid as well as UFC's biggest draws

It can't be about old money, cause boxers get paid for that particular event. It has to sell. Where the hell is all the money coming from?

And is Dana seeing the same money coming in as a boxing promotion?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
That's what I'm trying to figure out.

My buddy said the same thing. But as a boxing promoter I'm not in the business of putting up fights cards that lose money.

What befuddles me is how seemingly unknown boxers get paid as well as UFC's biggest draws

It can't be about old money, cause boxers get paid for that particular event. It has to sell. Where the hell is all the money coming from?

And is Dana seeing the same money coming in as a boxing promotion?

Advertisment money and ticket sales.

Example, Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao is projected to generate about $500 million in revenue alone:wow:

There isnt any 1 MMA fight that can even get close to touching those type of numbers...it's not a big enough sport on a global scale such as Boxing is:manny:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Advertisment money and ticket sales.

Example, Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao is projected to generate about $500 million in revenue alone:wow:

There isnt any 1 MMA fight that can even get close to touching those type of numbers...it's not a big enough sport on a global scale such as Boxing is:manny:

I'm sorry, I thought I specified a mid level boxing card.

I saw yesterday that Leo Santa Cruz has made 85K, 125k, 270k, 725k, 725k, 850k his last 6 fights.

This guy isn't anywhere near a household name. Yet he gets paid well, and the other undercard fighters get paid well also.

Yet UFC champ Rousy only gets 65k and her opponent got 100k.

Lol. How the hell the challenger get more than the champ?..

I get it. It's a league sport and the fighters are under contracts.. Well that's why they have to get some kind of union. At least have a pay scale where the fukking champ gets paid more

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
There should prolly be a class action lawsuit against the UFC - I bet when you compare their revenues to the fight pay it's no where near the level that other sports organizations are paying their athletes.

Also they should just shift to focusing on woman's UFC . . That's the only future of the sport on a mainstream level. Perhaps they could get feminists into it

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

I know MMA fighters and MMA fans that spout that "Boxing is Dead" rhetoric is reading that tweet and looking like:

tumblr_inline_n3bpa4foSu1ryc2v5.gif

:heh:

@krackdagawd what happened to that other thread about MMA vs Boxing? I remember you were going back and forth in there and posting the TV ratings. These tweet may need to be added as well:banderas:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
What do you think is more likely to happen going forward: Fighters unionize or MMA business model becomes like boxing?

These fighters are gonna want to get paid better eventually

I don't know breh this might be something for @The Infamous to answer.

I've been around both sides and mma camps cost A LOT more than a boxing training camp and they don't get paid shyt, the fans along with the fighters need to get at Zuffa instead of always bringing up that "bbbut they have sponsors" rhetoric. shyt makes no sense to me, imagine having two jobs and job A not paying you a just wage for your work and hitting you with the "well you got a second job nikka :yeshrug: "

I will say this though zuffa giving them health insurance is a VERY good thing. I know guys who have gone into fights with pretty bad injuries just to get it treated at the emergency room because fight night is the only day of the year they have health insurance. :francis: So they get a :salute: from me in that department. :obama:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

I know MMA fighters and MMA fans that spout that "Boxing is Dead" rhetoric is reading that tweet and looking like:

tumblr_inline_n3bpa4foSu1ryc2v5.gif

:heh:

@krackdagawd what happened to that other thread about MMA vs Boxing? I remember you were going back and forth in there and posting the TV ratings. These tweet may need to be added as well:banderas:

I'm not even trying to compare it to the biggest boxing events. Just average ones.

I see that Zuffa is trying to hold off a mutiny as long as possible.

Giving the guys some insurance, giving the big attractions undisclosed PPV shares, etc. But I still question those salaries.

WWE guys get paid more and the company is worth less

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I watch both but i am biased to boxing. It's a lot of factors but I think the visual appeal affects matters as well. There is a pugilistic beauty and artistry to boxing

giphy.gif
plays better world wide than
images
with some sap on the ground getting his brains blasted out through his ears. Not to mention that skill appears to go a lot farther in boxing than it does in the UFC.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I'm not even trying to compare it to the biggest boxing events. Just average ones.

I see that Zuffa is trying to hold off a mutiny as long as possible.

Giving the guys some insurance, giving the big attractions undisclosed PPV shares, etc. But I still question those salaries.

WWE guys get paid more and the company is worth less

The lowest selling Boxing PPV last year was Canelo Alvarez vs Erislandy Lara at 300k.

Purses for the 4 fight Televised card:

Canelo Alvarez (base 1.5 million, not including his 80/20 split on all PPV sales + Mexican TV revenue) / Erislandy Lara (1 million)

Abner Mares (400k) / Jonathan Oquendo (50k)

Juan Manuel Lopez (125k) / Francisco Vargas (75k)

Johan Perez (100k) / Mauricio Herrera (125k)

http://ufcresultsmmaresults.blogspot.com/2014/07/canelo-vs-lara-payouts.html