The Death of the UFC

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
They died when they stopped respecting the pecking order and began manufacturing stars. It's a bad habit that leads to your organization losing its integrity slowly but surely

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Advertisment money and ticket sales.

Example, Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao is projected to generate about $500 million in revenue alone:wow:

There isnt any 1 MMA fight that can even get close to touching those type of numbers...it's not a big enough sport on a global scale such as Boxing is:manny:

Yup. They dont advertise these fighters as larger than life and most fighters arent down with the bs they just wanna fight and make money. In mma its easier to expose flaws since there are more ways to fight so its harder to make most fighters seem untouchable. MMA will never be like boxing unless they hire more mcgregors.

farfan

Rookie
Daps
I wouldn't say it's dead either but it's heading in a very murky direction with the very few names it has either retiring/quitting

Their biggest star is just hitting his prime.tho.

And even without big names they can always just stack a card with a bunch of underpaid contenders and easily do 450-500 k on PPV. :skip: .

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
you mean their only name :mjpls: and he's getting delusions of grandeur talking about equity :mjlol:

And even without big names they can always just stack a card with a bunch of underpaid contenders and easily do 450-500 k on PPV. :skip: .
:rudy: this ain't 05-2010 dude, not even Jon Jones could break 450k in his first fight back in over a year. What headliner of "underpaid contenders" do you think fetches an easy 450-500k buys? clown

farfan

Rookie
Daps
you mean their only name :mjpls: and he's getting delusions of grandeur talking about equity :mjlol:

this ain't 05-2010 dude, not even Jon Jones could break 450k in his first fight back in over a year. What headliner of "underpaid contenders" do you think fetches an easy 450-500k buys? clown

Stars leave ,new ones replace them. Nobody thought Conor would be this big.

450-500 was an exaggeration i admit, but their PPV model is still viable without a bona fide star carrying every card. UFC 206 will probably outsell any boxing PPV not headlined by Canelo, ( Hell it might even do the same numbers as his Liam Smith bout)

I don't think WME-IMG sunk 4.2 billion into a sport that's heading in a murky direction.... Or maybe they just lacked your foresight and analytical prowess.:mjpls:

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Stars leave ,new ones replace them. Nobody thought Conor would be this big.

450-500 was an exaggeration i admit, but their PPV model is still viable without a bona fide star carrying every card. UFC 206 will probably outsell any boxing PPV not headlined by Canelo, ( Hell it might even do the same numbers as his Liam Smith bout)

I don't think WME-IMG sunk 4.2 billion into a sport that's heading in a murky direction.... Or maybe they just lacked your foresight and analytical prowess.:mjpls:
You can be flippant all you like but the fertittas obviously saw something on the horizon and bolted

And as for your first comment his fans did, Irish fans had to bully Dana to take notice of what Connor was doing and implored him to sign McGregor. Just like with Ronda Dana did not have the foresight the fans had to beat down his door begging for a woman's division. The UFC haven't "made" a star since Jones. So this notion everyday a star is born is a fallacy

Last edited:

farfan

Rookie
Daps
You can be flippant all you like but the fertittas obviously saw something on the horizon and bolted

And as for your first comment his fans did, Irish fans had to bully Dana to take notice of what Connor was doing and implored him to sign McGregor. Just like with Ronda Dana did not have the foresight the fans had to beat down his door begging for a woman's division. The UFC haven't "made" a star since Jones. So this notion everyday a star is born is a fallacy

What's on the horizon right now is a rumoured TV deal that's 400% more than what they're currently getting from FOX.:ehh:

Maybe i'm too optimistic about the UFC's future, But i've come to respect and fear Zuffa's hype machine and their ability to feed a narrative to casual fans.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's on the horizon right now is a rumoured TV deal that's 400% more than what they're currently getting from FOX.:ehh:

Maybe i'm too optimistic about the UFC's future, But i've come to respect and fear Zuffa's hype machine and their ability to feed a narrative to casual fans.

Zuffa doesn't own UFC anymore lmao, they made out like bandits

the new owners aren't going to see a return on investment

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Ronda is in here last 1 or 2 fights. Conor wont be fighting for very long. Better keep Brock on speed dial. UFC being purchased for 4 billion means we will see even more of the entertainment aspects and I think it will drive away their fanbase