The Death of the UFC

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Another thing that the smaller promotions have to do is retain talent some how.

In the end it's all about the money. But the WSOF champ is already talking about jumping to the UFC. That's not a good look for WSOF
the only way to do that is the Bjorn rbney way

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Breh...that is GREAT! When's the last time a Combat sport pulled in 1.2 million views on a Friday night on a channel like Spike TV?

Those are huge numbers for a fight with Chris Algieri and Amir Khan in the main event:wow:

UFC be doing those numbers on FS1, though.

UFC-Fight-Nights-2015-through-67.png

Just seems like par for the course for combat sports :yeshrug:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
With the horrible contracts? Nah, it might be easier now with this sponsor deal and Coker running the show. He's known to pay his guys.
A lot of peeps want to get paid but a lot of dudes also like to read their press clippings and be included in p4p discussions. Which won't happen if they stay in bellator, but then again that was the old system with this new system who knows

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Here’s a very small smattering of what’s been going on: Pound-for-pound kingAnderson Silva was recently grumbling about the way he was treated after stepping in on short notice to fightDaniel Cormier. Jose Aldo asked to be released from the UFC after being strung along in the Conor McGregorsweepstakes. Rory MacDonald bolted for Bellator, and spoke of his decision like he escaped some form of Siberia. Benson Henderson, ditto. Derrick Lewis said he’d show up at Dana White’s door to collect his show money for the cancelled card in Manila, and he did so without fear.

It goes on. Chael Sonnen stretched out a loophole in his contract and then disappeared through it. Nate Diaz’s biggest year in the sport coincided with him carving the UFC up at every turn. After expressing his displeasure with the UFC, Al Iaquinta just kind of up and quit. Cris Cyborg? Disgruntled. McGregor and the UFC are now two behemoths clashing whenever it’s time to book. All he needs to do is tweet "beg me" and we understand immediately the wielding of power and leverage, all packed so neatly into those two words. Even Frankie Edgar, perhaps the most reasonable person to ever step foot in the Octagon, has made it clear (on numerous occasions) that he’s had just about enough.

There are craters to walk around in Vegas, too. No more Lorenzo Fertitta. Dave Sholler is gone after UFC 205, to the Philadelphia 76ers. Matchmaker Joe Silva is retiring at the end of the year, and Burt Watson’s voice now haunts the corridors at every arena at the live event. Zuffa headquarters has the feel of a "morgue." Nobody’s sure what’s going on with the new ownership, who will be around in 2017 and who won’t. Overseas, UFC employees are being made redundant. Dana White himself right now feels like a hologram of himself. A very rich hologram, drained of vital color.

The new owners, WME-IMG? Mutes.

Nobody’s talking. It’s uncharted territory.

Then of course there’s Georges St-Pierre. Normally tight-lipped, GSP announced he was a free agent on The MMA Hour on Monday, detailing the situation as he understood it. In short, he believes his UFC contract has been terminated after the deadline passed for the promotion to offer him a fight.
GSP situation the latest in UFC’s topsy-turvy year

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So were gonna act like the UFC and mma isn't less than 25 years old? And the ufc was pretty much considered underground street fight til up about 10 years ago when he general public started to embrace it

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
They better think smart and invest in grabbing some guys from Cage Warriors since they're about done at this point.

I feel Bellator if anything is in the better position to be a possible threat, but they gotta be consistent with scouting for prospects (places like Russia & Brazil especially). Try and scoop up some prospects from the Olympic combat sports, build some hype around them etc. Viacom got the bread for it. Build up that hype

Through the thing is, they had two different aspects that put them above the UFC imo: The tournament format and having a womens straw-weight division. I remember peeping that shyt on MTV 2 and honestly, I enjoyed it, wasn't all made to look like a big deal, but the fact what was at stake for these dudes from different cultural and occupational backgrounds to fight three times in three months, kept me glued to check them out.

Now, I guess they have to dig deep and start scouting for those new starts, but building them up to be the Rousey, Aldo, McGregor, Jones, Weidman etc.

As for World Series of Fighting..they have the right idea of having these expansions with (WSoF) Japan, Canada and Central America, but I don't know if it'll be beneficial for them in the long run. However, if it's anyone that needed to cross-promote with regional darlings like RFA & Legacy and international orgs. like ONE Championship and IGF I think they'd be the best candidate and the closest thing MMA could have to a set up like Boxing.

Bellator would be good if they didn't keep relying on has beens for their main events. build up your own fighters and make THEM the big names so we can get exciting fights not shyt like Kimbo vs Dada and Royce Gracie vs Shamrock, this isn't 1997 anymore no one wants to see that shyt.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Bellator would be good if they didn't keep relying on has beens for their main events. build up your own fighters and make THEM the big names so we can get exciting fights not shyt like Kimbo vs Dada and Royce Gracie vs Shamrock, this isn't 1997 anymore no one wants to see that shyt.
The ratings for those shows actually say different the problem is with their bipolar booking. When they do these freakshow cards they tend to have a king mo or ex ufc talent on the main card and then the rest are unknowns, which does gangbusters. Then three weeks later they will have a card headlined by Chad Dundas that will have home grown talent which no one watches which is retarded.

Why not simply mesh fukkery with something for purist like I don't know pride did? It's like Coker knows he's selling out with that shyt and won't sully a Lima, or Dundas name being attached to such a thing only problem is they need that exposure