The Descendants of African Slave Merchants Are Still Alive And Honored

laughslikebig

Banned
Daps
yeah i think slaving is different than eminent domain buddy

are you West African or Caribbean?
if your Caribbean you might have some Sephardi in you

GOOGLE Barclays and Slavery Buddy.

How did the Barclays become a financial powerhouse? Slavery buddy.

My point is we glorify institutions created by slavery just the same. The difference is we are ignorant to where all that capital went.

As evidenced here.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

My point is we glorify institutions created by slavery just the same. The difference is we are ignorant to where all that capital went.

As evidenced here.

#FACTS alot of financial institutions and education schools was built with slaves and not one of them has given a dime to us since...:stopitslime:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

As evidenced here.
who is glorifying anything here?
barclays doesn't own the barclays center btw so i assumed you were talking about the building of the arena

EdJo

Banned
Daps
I just remembered about this story. Funny, i only found out last year, and because of the Shea Moisture scandal. Apparently, Richelieu Dennis, the owner and founder of Shea Moisture, is a caulker on his mother's side.

Now, 3 European captains and slave traders, went to Sierra Leone and married with 3 African princesses (from the Sherbro tribe), had kids with them, and their kids became some of the biggest slave traders in West Africa.

:scust:

Their kids, created 3 powerful clans, based on slavery. The Sherbro Caulker(originally Corker), Sherbro Tucker and the Sherbro Rogers. Members of these clan, are still some of the most powerful people in modern day Sierra Leone.

1 - "Thomas Corker (1669 - 10 September 1700, Falmouth, Cornwall) was a prominent English agent for the Royal African Company and worked in the Sherbro, Sierra Leone. His descendants are still living in that area and are the Bonthe and Shenge Caulkers. Corker was originally from Dublin, Ireland; he was descended from the Dublin/Cornwall Corker family."

"Born at Falmouth, Cornwall, Thomas Corker left London and went to Africa in 1684 in the Royal African company's service and worked on the rivers before becoming a chief agent on York Island, Sherbro. It is while working in the Sherbro region that he married an African princess of the house of Ya Kumba who ruled on the shore of the Yawry Bay (according to Bulom oral tradition). The woman was known to the English as 'Seniora Doll' or 'Senora Doll' and together they had two sons Robin and Stephen. Thomas Corker soon after was transferred by the Royal African Company to Gambia in April 1699 and later on he returned to England and died in 1700. His sons, Robin and Stephen inherited their mother's kingdom and utilised their European heritage to increase their influence in the region. The Corkers (later on changed to Caulkers) became a powerful chiefdom in Sierra Leone and were one of the most notorious slave trading Afro-European clans in West Africa."

Thomas Corker - Wikipedia

2 - "John Tucker was an English slave trader for the Royal African Company from London, England."

"Tucker went to Gbap, Sierra Leone, in 1665 alongside Thomas Corker who was the ancestor of the Sherbro Caulkers the most notorious slave trading family in the Upper Guinea Coast. John Tucker married a Sherbro princess and together they had many children. The Sherbro Tuckers became a powerful slave trading clan and chiefdom in Gbap and many of them went to university in Europe as early as the 18th century."

John Tucker (merchant trader) - Wikipedia

3 - "In 1665, an agent in the service of the Gambia Adventurers called John Tucker left England and went to Sierra Leone alongside Zachary Rogers (progenitor of the Afro-European clan the Rogers). Upon arriving in Sherbro Country, John Tucker and Zachary Rogers took the daughters of a Sherbro chief as their wives as was customary in order to gain trading rights in the region. Multiple children were born to these unions."

"Besides maintaining claims to chieftaincy, some Tucker descendants became powerful traders and middlemen between African and European business interests. Their strong ties to European culture and language helped them expand their influence over the Sherbro trade industry. Particularly in the Southern Sierra Leone slave trade, members of Afro-European clans such as the Rogers, the Caulkers, and the Tuckers played an integral role as middlemen, allowing them to accumulate material wealth as an emergent merchant class."

Sherbro Tuckers - Wikipedia

PS: I can't find their facebook group page anymore, but i remember, that when i saw the first time, it had some of the most c00nish descriptions you could imagine...

:snoop:

And, years later, another british guy, by the name of William Clevland, married with a local Sierra Leonean woman, named himself the king one of the coastal islands from Sierra Leone, had kids with the African woman, and his kids also became powerful slave traders...

King James Cleveland - Wikipedia

WTH was wrong with people from Sierra Leone????:gucci:

Geode

All Star
Daps
This was informative. I'm surprised, but then again I'm not. Some rulers are ruthless, regardless the region.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Great thread. But I find myself having difficulty managing the anger I feel from reading some of this. How do yall cope knowing this information? Kinda makes me wanna say fukk Africa.

When I found out about this...like read about it in books for sure for sure...

I was mad and realized that race is bullshyt. Race love is bullshyt. Race consciousness is bullshyt. It's all about taking care of members of your tribe.

So...I am US...native Black descendant of a slave.

I am an African reject...

The only thing I want from Africa is reparations...

godliness

• M Δ § † ë ® ¥ °
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Hands on Green Money
When I found out about this...like read about it in books for sure for sure...

I was mad and realized that race is bullshyt. Race love is bullshyt. Race consciousness is bullshyt. It's all about taking care of members of your tribe.

So...I am US...native Black descendant of a slave.

I am an African reject...

The only thing I want from Africa is reparations...
Yeah this is my current mindstate. It's still weird for me because I looked at Africa as this great place full of people like me. That I wanted to help contribute to. Now I only care for AAs and other DOS black ppl. Very sad, but it is what it is.