The FGC has the W.O.A.T opinions

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
This dude brought up Guilty gear. Guilty Gear is one of those games I never heard of until the internet told me about it. I never seen it in the arcade and I had no idea it went that far back.

What do you consider a successful beta?

A successful beta to me is when on the 1st day nobody can get in, and the second day queue is like 2 hours.

But nah fighting games ain't dead it's just not as respected as it once was.

But what makes this Guilty Gear any different then the past ones? Fighting games that use weapons instead of hand to hand are not as popular. Fgc wont tell you that though.
So because you never heard of it that means what exactly? A successful beta to me is one where tons of people are playing the game and continue praise the game afterwards which if you followed Strive, you would see that there was tons of that even from casuals. And where are you getting this idea that it's not respected as it once was? Sony just bought Evo. There's no way they would have done that if fighting games were dead or not respected as you claim. So once again what metric are you using to say fighting games are dead or not respected:gucci:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
it is seen as social justice by the white gamers who complain about diversity. it is also seen as social justice by the gamers who directly ask developers to "do better". i remember the twitter discourse around leroy in tekken was pretty much that. so much so that i saw black gamers talking about harada being "invited to the cookout" because his black character was considered a positive step forward in black representation in fighting games.

and you can look into the comments at reddit to see how some white people react to this...

That shyt is has and will always be a corny cry for acceptance. You don’t see white people saying come to our cotillion or Chinese people saying come to our lunar new year.

Just give props to Harada and team to developing a great character.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
That shyt is has and will always be a corny cry for acceptance. You don’t see white people saying come to our cotillion or Chinese people saying come to our lunar new year.

Just give props to Harada and team to developing a great character.
i agree. i find all these cookout people on twitter to just be embarrassing

Daps
Like Zalsalamel, Leroy Smith, or Nagoryuki?
Dude those 3 characters are literally the same person are you blind? I think all 3 of them have 1 eye too.

Zasalamel is a stoic old black guy in all white that's a villain remember black people have no protagonist in fighting games but we good enough to be the main villain?

Nagriyoke looks damn near identical to Zasalamel dont know much about him other then he is another stoic big slow black brute in white. Probably a villain as well. Also he is probably old too.

Leroy is also old and in mostly white atleast he has some other color and is not a big slow brute. Leroy is the weirdest and probably most obvious focus group character. Why the hell is he so old in his debut? Heihachi is dead and kazuya looks younger so they don't look from the same generation. Why not have him rival with Jin, like miguel does? What's the point of replacing wang with a new old guy, when the entire tekken 1 cast can naturally take his role? Why did they want a black man to be the oldest character why were they comfortable with that? Why is the black man being the oldest character being repeated over and over?

Being old is a flaw your are the least reliable character to stick around you have no future if your old. Your easy to replace. Popularity be damned. Old people pass away it's natural.

I thought leroy should have been a female considering wing chun has a feminine origin.

shyt is weird why throw male raven away for an uninspired clone then create leroy because your missing a black man. If they wanted a black women it should have been leroy. :dwillhuh:

Tekken started doing dumb shyt because of the fgc and probably Ono. Harada lasted longer then both of them but for some reason listens to them.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Netherream has the best black character designs out of all the fighting games.

Every other fighting game developer just make caricatures of black people. Street fighter use to have respectable black characters, but now Balrog looks like a modern day sambo, and the boxing butler was never a good look.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Netherream has the best black character designs out of all the fighting games.

Every other fighting game developer just make caricatures of black people. Street fighter use to have respectable black characters, but now Balrog looks like a modern day sambo, and the boxing butler was never a good look.

Butler? You talking about dudley? Dude is a rich upper class man as a boxer.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I'm not reading all of that but I made it halfway.
  • Capcom cannot control the marvel side of the roster after disney bought marvel and the whole MCU thing happened. Last game capcom was in control for MAYBE vanilla marvel 3 but for sure marvel vs capcom 2.
  • The first marvel game made by capcom was xmen: children of the atom. People have fond memories of using the xmen in mvc1,2, and 3 with them damn near carrying the roster in mvc2 so of course them all of a sudden being completely absent would cause some concern. Rocket racc00n & them were already in mvc3 anyways and its not like the game has to be an ad for the movie.
  • What fighting game doesn't have a training mode? That's a basic feature. Why wouldn't it be there? There's free fighting games with a training mode.
iu

This is MVC3 chunli on the left, and MVCI chunli on the right. And thats the FIXED chunli. Before she looked like this

DCMMmX0UQAAX7B_.jpg

Is it really wrong people want chunli to look better than the chunli they've been playing as in the previous games for years?:usure:

The FGC does do stuff that bothers me (like going overboard shilling games just for the sake of making money off of content creation for it instead of pushing for what they actually want) but I don't agree with the OP at all :manny:

i think his point may have more so been Chun Li's looks and training mode should be the least of people's worries when it comes to these modern day fighting games.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Not a good look for him to think that Dudley was a butler. And ironic, considering that Dudley has a butler.

And Tekken has better designed black characters. Balrog was just a Mike Tyson clone. And LMMFAO at anyone thinking that Street Fighter having a history of respectable black characters.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
He looks like a black alfred. Like the help. I don't care what his background is supposed to be, it's a trash design on what could have been a cool character.

Capcom's black character designs are borderline offensive, like the inspiration came from racist imagery of black people in 1930.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
i think his point may have more so been Chun Li's looks and training mode should be the least of people's worries when it comes to these modern day fighting games.
How a game/characters look is extremely important in getting new players interested in a game