princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
i'm not a J. Cole fan, but congrats to him...his raps pretty elementary to me, but he seems like a cool dude...

I hate when ppl try to downplay cole like he cant spit:birdman:

Listen to the warm up and FNL and u will know cole is up there with kendrick as one of the true lyricist of our generation:jawalrus:

His mainstream albums leave a lot to be desired, whether it be lyrically or production wise but he got them records that touch your heart and u can relate to:to:

Respect the man :ufdup:

Daps
What's that like after 360 deal ?
MAYBE 10%.. thats a huge maybe.. the promoter aint cutting a 60/40, 70/30 or anything in the artists benefit like that.. their fronting all the money.. it doesnt make sense from a business stand-point to do something like that..

he got a nice check, but not anything near what people are in here assuming..

Giselle

Daps
:mjlol: bytches love his generic garbage, what can we say?

JCole has lots of male and female fans, at least 570k. Go watch his videos. Or you could go to my homecoming thread on here and see all of the pics.

J Cole sucks
Me and his 570k + fans don't think so & neither do the million people who made his album go platinum. lol

was bas on the tour? last winter was my shyt

Yes, he was an opening act. There are videos of it online.
He came out here like two weeks ago and I couldn't go BC it was sold out:mjcry:
Half the hoes that went didn't even listen to him regularly
That bothers me too. They just want to go because he's popular and it's a cool thing to do, or because they think he's attractive.

God u looooooove J Cole. Could you be more excited for another man's career?

Yes :wub:

Meanwhile YG done stated in several interviews he ain't making shyt off this tour :sas2:

I'm pretty sure he made some money, or else he probably wouldn't have done the tour. He probably didn't make much money though because he was an opening act for another opeinging act.

I think it went like this
Omen opened for Cozz, who opened for bas, who opened for Jeremih, who opened for yg (or maybe these 2 were switched, Idk), who opened for Big Sean, who opened for JCole.

OGBobbyHill

Rookie
Daps
No, i just wanted to say he is a sellout. True artists (except kanye) cant sell out small bars. J Cole selling all these tickets prove he is a pop artist,should not be taken serious and should be stopped immediately.
Was this sarcasm? Or just the dumbest shxt I've ever heard in my life?

Giselle

Daps
Pop fans are obsessed with sales figures. They need to know they're following the right team.
You're wrong.

Most fans of all genres get happy when they see that the artist they have been supporting (In my case, since the Warm Up) become more successful. Some get annoyed and feel like the other people are bandwagoners, those are probably the followers that you're talking about, idk. But you sound bitter.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Everybody who has gone to his show has said it's a great rap concert.....

He damn near shut down Downtown Dallas when he did his $1 pop up show a couple months ago..

Did his own tour (not his girl's tour) off a platinum album he produced himself with no features.. Whether you like him or not how can you not respect that?

Clap for him :clap:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
You're wrong.

Most fans of all genres get happy when they see that the artist they have been supporting (In my case, since the Warm Up) become more successful. Some get annoyed and feel like the other people are bandwagoners, those are probably the followers that you're talking about, idk. But you sound bitter.

Some of my favorite rappers I've been listening to for almost two decades: Wu-tang, Mobb Deep, Missy Elliot, etc.

I have NO idea what most of these guys sold and I simply don't give a fukk. I don't look for validation through their lives (their pockets specifically). You see me with the Rocky avi. I have no idea how many downloads Live.Love.ASAP got, nor how much Rocky pulled in for tour sales, nor how much he's worth. I simply don't give a fukk. All I care about is if you make timeless music. Period.

Like I said, pop fans are concerned with sales figures. J Cole is a pop rapper. Doesn't surprise me. No one's bitter (though bitterness is an odd thing to bring up outta nowhere. Hmmnn)