The future of American Soccer.

O Fenômeno

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jerz/Seattle
Yanks ain't even make the World Cup..which is fine because I don't feel very patriotic at all..so I wouldn't even want to root for em even if they made it anyway :mjgrin:

But look

Man America gotta think outside the box with scouting or some shyt..

I mean, our best athletes will always choose Basketball,football,wrestling,baseball over soccer..that much is a given....shyt in places like Texas even the mexican kids get put into Football over soccer because in places like that..the glory is in Football.

It also doesn't help that soccer has a reputation for being "soft"..:pachaha:

And MLS teams do have youth academies...so wtf can help? :jbhmm:

I mean I know there are tons of black kids in poor areas and I know their parents want nothing better for them than to get good schooling...and a potential to make a living. The problem is getting those parents to buy in that they could be talented and make it in soccer, and steal them away from other sports.

Also is it possible to consider taking a 13 yr old athlete who has never played soccer, but offer him free education at an academy and train him up? :jbhmm:

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Yanks ain't even make the World Cup..which is fine because I don't feel very patriotic at all..so I wouldn't even want to root for em even if they made it anyway :mjgrin:

But look

Man America gotta think outside the box with scouting or some shyt..

I mean, our best athletes will always choose Basketball,football,wrestling,baseball over soccer..that much is a given....shyt in places like Texas even the mexican kids get put into Football over soccer because in places like that..the glory is in Football.

It also doesn't help that soccer has a reputation for being "soft"..:pachaha:

And MLS teams do have youth academies...so wtf can help? :jbhmm:

I mean I know there are tons of black kids in poor areas and I know their parents want nothing better for them than to get good schooling...and a potential to make a living. The problem is getting those parents to buy in that they could be talented and make it in soccer, and steal them away from other sports.

Also is it possible to consider taking a 13 yr old athlete who has never played soccer, but offer him free education at an academy and train him up? :jbhmm:
Breh we have had this discussion in many threads,

US soccer don't need to think out of the box, they just need to look what most European nation do with there set up. Ain't no thousand dollar"pay to play leagues" for a 10 year old or NCAA restrictions.

Imagine if the US had a Messi or Ronaldo but they never fulfill that potential because there families couldn't afford to put him in those teams.

But the federation would rather put a profit on the field than the best players

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
The fact is, Basketball, football, baseball, hockey , and wrestling are all more lucrative and supported for all financial backgrounds than soccer. That's all there is to it.

Babyface

Look at your face
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yea but this country has a good amount of Latinos/Mexicans, they not playing for the USA team though

Oh shyt Edit I read what you said wrong

People assume America should dominate all sports because of our black population, implying that all we are good for is being athletes and representing a country that hates us lol.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
People assume America should dominate all sports because of our black population, implying that all we are good for is being athletes and representing a country that hates us lol.
Honestly US soccer isn’t that bad, World Cup isn’t the end all ... Italy, Netherlands, Ghana, Wales didn’t make the cup joe to be fair the play in much harder contitnentsbfor qualification but still US is ranked top 25 by FIFA .. The US team didn’t make it because the team acts entitled not because they didn’t have enough talent to make the CUP., USA isn’t some powerhouse but they should always make the CUP and they had talent but they started acting like they was the shyt and Brazil or some shyt

Remote

Veteran
Daps
US Soccer probably won't ever be great.
I do think that one day we could make a run and maybe even win a World Cup. But for the US to be a perpetual soccer powerhouse, soccer would have to be culturally ingrained in the population.

Like, the Eastern Europeans have wrestling or weight lifting.
The way the Caribbean has baseball.
And the way that just about the entire world except for India and the US has soccer.

Remote

Veteran
Daps
There's a good discussion to be had here.
Are minorities better at sports because of some inherent quality? Or is it because historically that avenue has been the only way for (largely) oppressed people to advance here?

:lupe:

O Fenômeno

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jerz/Seattle
pretty sick that we think all black people are good for is sports.
:hubie:I wasn't tryna go there..

Though it is bullshyt for the guys who do want to make a living playing sports, they're impeded from using their talents to make money earlier.

I mean 3 fukking years of college before you're eligible for NFL? 1 and done in the NBA.

Over in Europe you have guys who have a chance to go pro at 16.

Football especially pisses me off because those guys..especially in states where football is religion like in Texas..those guys start playing at like age 6-7 and by the time they make the NFL if they're lucky, their bodies have been put through hell.

Babyface

Look at your face
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:hubie:I wasn't tryna go there..

Though it is bullshyt for the guys who do want to make a living playing sports, they're impeded from using their talents to make money earlier.

I mean 3 fukking years of college before you're eligible for NFL? 1 and done in the NBA.

Over in Europe you have guys who have a chance to go pro at 16.

Football especially pisses me off because those guys..especially in states where football is religion like in Texas..those guys start playing at like age 6-7 and by the time they make the NFL if they're lucky, their bodies have been put through hell.

it's BS because literally globally they push this as the primary way for a black person to get out of extreme systematic poverty is that they have to be a top 1% athlete.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
you can literally play soccer with anything as long as you got a ball lol

You don't even need that, as long as you can get something that can be kicked and act as a "ball", you are set. In middle school we played with 4 vs 4 with flatted soda cans when we didn't have a ball. In high school we rolled a whole bunch of paper and then used tape to make it as round and "tight" as possible, it was good enough to last the 10 minute breaks we had :ehh:

When you got to play for real or one of the homies brought a real ball to school, you felt ready to put in work :jawalrus:

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Honestly US soccer isn’t that bad, World Cup isn’t the end all ... Italy, Netherlands, Ghana, Wales didn’t make the cup joe to be fair the play in much harder contitnentsbfor qualification but still US is ranked top 25 by FIFA .. The US team didn’t make it because the team acts entitled not because they didn’t have enough talent to make the CUP., USA isn’t some powerhouse but they should always make the CUP and they had talent but they started acting like they was the shyt and Brazil or some shyt

When it comes to football, that's not company you want to be associated with, trust. :skip: