The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
a5fa4fce4f7d23525205aedee3bb2cbe.500x245x22.gif

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
To me to be the GOAT you’ve got to be the best or one of the best as a lyricist/ technical rapper but also someone whose had major influence, a great catalogue but also crucially be a poet; someone whose words will be talked about for decades

to me based on all of the above and my criteria it’s Nas for me. He embodies lyricism. Catalogue is incredible. Is a poet whose work will be looked at for the next 100 years.

my only criticism of Nas is I don’t think he has enough bonafide classics considering his ability but if you listed how many 5/5 songs he has to me he’s got more than anyone else

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty Toney for me. In terms of skill set he's elite, obviously. He can make any kind of joint and it will rarely feel forced, while at the same time he puts his particular stamp on everything he does. His catalog is teflon--the five album run from Ironman through Fishscale is in contention for the best EVER, and his worst albums are perfectly fine, no real disasters.

What puts him over the top for me though, over other natural contenders for the crown, is that he's just fun in a way dudes like Nas or Cube aren't, to me. At his best he's hilarious and lively and always engaging, never afraid he might look silly or like a weirdo, because the swagger, the skills, and the music overall are always there.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
Pretty Toney for me. In terms of skill set he's elite, obviously. He can make any kind of joint and it will rarely feel forced, while at the same time he puts his particular stamp on everything he does. His catalog is teflon--the five album run from Ironman through Fishscale is in contention for the best EVER, and his worst albums are perfectly fine, no real disasters.

What puts him over the top for me though, over other natural contenders for the crown, is that he's just fun in a way dudes like Nas or Cube aren't, to me. At his best he's hilarious and lively and always engaging, never afraid he might look silly or like a weirdo, because the swagger, the skills, and the music overall are always there.

Tone is one of the best ever to me. I respect him as a GOAT pick. Only rappers touching his discography is Scarface, cube, and pac to me. He can spit, one of the best at stories, very funny (cube is also tho), and just has a humorous wit to his rhymes (I'm on the floor like holy shyt). Then he can rap about any subject.