Votes: 33 46.5%
  • The Godfather Part II

Votes: 38 53.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Santino's silly mistake talking during the meeting with Sollozzo 'The Turk' changed the whole trajectory of The Corleone Family. Giving away what Vito is thinking, which exposes the families vulnerability.

The Turk realized they could do business with Santino, Santino was hot for that deal and showed his hand, in fact, you could say Santino's outburst let the Turk know that others might be hot for the deal too, but the old man was standing in his way. Sh*t, that tiny outburst that lasted 3 seconds let the Turk know that there could be cracks in the old man's organization and he's getting pushback on the drug business.

Kill the old man, it's just business, now he's gone, move on to business with Santino and the rest.

That started the whole sh*t show.

I saw the Godfather when I was very young, and took me years to realize that's where the story 'broke'

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
The Turk realized they could do business with Santino, Santino was hot for that deal and showed his hand, in fact, you could say Santino's outburst let the Turk know that others might be hot for the deal too, but the old man was standing in his way. Sh*t, that tiny outburst that lasted 3 seconds let the Turk know that there could be cracks in the old man's organization and he's getting pushback on the drug business.

Kill the old man, it's just business, now he's gone, move on to business with Santino and the rest.

That started the whole sh*t show.

I saw the Godfather when I was very young, and took me years to realize that's where the story 'broke'
In Godfather 2 there is a great moment of foreshadowing when Clemenza introduces young Vito to crime as a reward for hiding his guns. They break into a home and steal a red carpet, then newly born Santino is placed onto this stolen red carpet and starts crying anticipating his inevitable fate as a result of his father taking tentative steps into criminal life.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Part 1
I prefer Vito as a Don and part 1 is a bit warmer/less dark
But it’s not by a long margin, both masterpieces

Daps
Reppin
NYC
In Godfather 2 there is a great moment of foreshadowing when Clemenza introduces young Vito to crime as a reward for hiding his guns. They break into a home and steal a red carpet, then newly born Santino is placed onto this stolen red carpet and starts crying anticipating his inevitable fate as a result of his father taking tentative steps into criminal life.

Clemenza was Sonny's godfather, which is why he asked to kill Carlo Rizzi :wow:

Hello Carlo.

Side note, I always thought it was goofy how they cut right before he got strangled, and then just sat there with his arms at his side for a split second, looked totally fake