The Kevin Durant Conundrum...

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who were the coaches again?

Oh so now coaches are what matters the most for super star players? The coaches are the difference between getting swept and going 7?

KD WANTED NASH!

Y’all are insane. You blaming the coaches for KD having games where he had 6 turnovers and shot less than 24% from the field lmao

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Oh so now coaches are what matters the most for super star players? The coaches are the difference between getting swept and going 7?

KD WANTED NASH!

Y’all are insane.
So you don’t think having Spoelstra makes a difference as opposed to Steve Nash?

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you don’t think having Spoelstra makes a difference as opposed to Steve Nash?

I don’t think Steve Nash is the reason KD had 21 turnovers in that series and averaged 38% shooting. I don’t think Spo is the reason Jimmy looked like the best player on the floor for most of the series whereas KD looked completely lost against the Celtics.

I don’t think you can say Steve Nash vs. Spo is the difference between getting swept.

Like what standard are we holding superstars too now?

“The reason KD got swept by the same team Jimmy took to 7 is because coaching lmao”

No other superstar would get this kinda defense for getting swept in the first round like that.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What Jimmy has done with the Heat is making KD look REALLY bad and nobody is talking about it. :sas2:

What's odd is KD looked like he had that kinda fight in him in 2021 when he almost dragged Brooklyn past the Bucks. Maybe that was all he had in him though and when it didn't work out that year, he said fukk it and wouldn't give that kinda effort again; like that was enough to satisfy himself.
Facts

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
What Jimmy has done with the Heat is making KD look REALLY bad and nobody is talking about it. :sas2:

What's odd is KD looked like he had that kinda fight in him in 2021 when he almost dragged Brooklyn past the Bucks. Maybe that was all he had in him though and when it didn't work out that year, he said fukk it and wouldn't give that kinda effort again; like that was enough to satisfy himself.
Durant's reputation has always been a bit greater than his reality. Swap him and Jimmy and Miami isn't getting to a single ECF with Durant, but they been to 2 ECF (and counting) with Jimmy...

Crude

Superstar
Daps
If KD makes that shot and beats the Bucks last year he’s probably not even in Phoenix right now and Steve Nash is still employed and they have a good chance of making the finals.

That changed the whole trajectory of things.

The way this new salary cap is set up Phoenix ain’t going to be able to keep KD, Booker, and Ayton.

Ayton probably gets traded to some middle of the pack playoff team for young cheap rotational players and/or picks and I wouldn’t be surprised if Booker doesn’t request a trade in the next 2-3 years.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I can't hate on KD, he's one of the best players of his generation.

However, the weaponizing of him by this board to shyt on GS and Steph was one of the most insufferable agendas over the last few seasons. I'm glad that all those folks who shamelessly dabbled in that nonsense ended up with egg all over their face.
And LeBron. People been trying to weaponize him against LeBron just as long, if not longer...

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think Steve Nash is the reason KD had 21 turnovers in that series and averaged 38% shooting. I don’t think Spo is the reason Jimmy looked like the best player on the floor for most of the series whereas KD looked completely lost against the Celtics.

I don’t think you can say Steve Nash vs. Spo is the difference between getting swept.

Like what standard are we holding superstars too now?

“The reason KD got swept by the same team Jimmy took to 7 is because coaching lmao”

No other superstar would get this kinda defense for getting swept in the first round like that.
So if you don’t think KD is that great then what’s the fascination with being swept in the 1st round? MJ was swept in the 1st round. Jimmy vs KD is not a thing

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Jimmy vs KD is not a thing
Sheeeeiitttt.....it isn't, but let Jimmy turn this run into another Finals appearance, let alone a championship. Or continue extending his prime the next few years. The gap between Durant abd Jimmy is still a gap, but it really isn't as large as we all thought it to be in years past...

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
And LeBron. People been trying to weaponize him against LeBron just as long, if not longer...
Well he did snatch Lebron’s soul 2x for the rings but other than that nobody outside the coli thinks KD is a better generational player than Lebron. This place must be like what Ancient Greece was like:dame:

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Sheeeeiitttt.....it isn't, but let Jimmy turn this run into another Finals appearance, let alone a championship. Or continue extending his prime the next few years. The gap between Durant abd Jimmy is still a gap, but it really isn't as large as we all thought it to be in years past...
You wouldn’t entertain this argument when nikkas try to prop up Steph v Lebron so why be disingenuous. The accolades/stats and all that other shyt apply in the KD v Jimmy situation like it would for Bron v Steph.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
You wouldn’t entertain this argument when nikkas try to prop up Steph v Lebron so why be disingenuous. The accolades/stats and all that other shyt apply in the KD v Jimmy situation like it would for Bron v Steph.
Why wouldn't I?

Steph has now extended his prime into a solid decade, which is elite longevity on a historical level. Most NBA players don't have 10-year primes, let alone longer than that. He's the consensus second greatest player of whatever era you wanna call the LeBron era, because he's better than Kobe was. As that second greatest player, he warrants comparison to LeBron...

So saying I wouldn't entertain it is false. He's not better than LeBron. But LeBron vs Steph is a thing because Steph is better than LeBron fir the last three years and their career arcs have overlapped...

Jimmy isn't historically better than Durant in the same vein. But he's a better player than Durant now, probably has been the last 3-4 years given Durant has only averaged 47 games played per season since returning from injury. And when you take the run Jimmy's been on the last 4 years and compare it to Durant's career, yes Durant has been better but the one huge differentiator is Durant's career is accentuated by joining an All-Time dynastic team. Look at Durant's 13-year, non-Warrior career and compare that to Jimmy's 12-year career and I repeat, a gap still exists but it isn't as magnificent as we thought it wouldve been a few years ago...