The LIE of PRINCE not having heat after PURPLE RAIN

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
It's been said that AWTWIAD was a throwaway album for Prince to upstart his own label Paisley Park. Even at his prime years, a half-assed album will still sound decent.
Sign O' The Times was magical though.
i was a young teen when AWTIAD was released, and it was disappointing, no hindsight shyt..it was a let down!!!

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Prince IMO fukked up by choosing the wrong singles for SOTT and then not touring America at all with his SOTT band with Sheila E.

He picked Sign of the Times and If I was Your Girlfriend along with Hot Thing as singles. If I Was Your Girlfriend is an amazing song but it weirded out mainstream listeners who thought it was some gay stuff.

I would have done I Can Never Take the Place of Your Man as the lead single. Then Strange Relationship and maybe Hot Thing

Who knows how black music in America would have changed if Prince toured and showed everyone that he was still that dude. Within a year, hip-hop had become the new dominant force and you had dudes like Bobby Brown that were seen as tougher and more street than Prince.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
You making shyt up. He had numerous top 10 songs after Purple Rain.

One of his most popular songs, Adore, wasn’t even released as a single but still receives huge spins to this day.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Prince IMO fukked up by choosing the wrong singles for SOTT and then not touring America at all with his SOTT band with Sheila E.

He picked Sign of the Times and If I was Your Girlfriend along with Hot Thing as singles. If I Was Your Girlfriend is an amazing song but it weirded out mainstream listeners who thought it was some gay stuff.

I would have done I Can Never Take the Place of Your Man as the lead single. Then Strange Relationship and maybe Hot Thing

Who knows how black music in America would have changed if Prince toured and showed everyone that he was still that dude. Within a year, hip-hop had become the new dominant force and you had dudes like Bobby Brown that were seen as tougher and more street than Prince.

That's an interesting aspect, knowing that if black music in America changed, it would've affected the entire world.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Prince is dope but his bars are kinda bizarre

As a Coli Breh - red blooded Harlemite - Rarely will you belt out any lines from "When Doves Cry". But it's dope to listen to.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
He ruined his convincability.
With his antics that made no heterosexual male sense whatsoever.

nikkaz still wanna lie about it.
Just like how he died.

Only people fukked with Prince.
Is that eclectic zone of black rnb listeners.
That features aunties who favorite singer is luther van dross.
While being single since ol leon played them in 1974.
Wallowing in half i'm good but miserable misery like it is all good.

Art Barr

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
I never heard that once. I mean he was never going to match the commercial success that Purple Rain had but that’s the same with Michael’s Thriller.

I do remember people saying Bad flopped compared to Thriller because it didn’t go diamond or win any Grammys. And yet, his first five singles from the album reached number one on the billboard consecutively. It sold more in the UK than Thriller, and his world wide Bad Tour broke records.

In other words, he was clearly still killing it just like Prince was post Purple Rain.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I never heard that once. I mean he was never going to match the commercial success that Purple Rain had but that’s the same with Michael’s Thriller.

I do remember people saying Bad flopped compared to Thriller because it didn’t go diamond or win any Grammys. And yet, his first five singles from the album reached number one on the billboard consecutively. It sold more in the UK than Thriller, and his world wide Bad Tour broke records.

In other words, he was clearly still killing it just like Prince was post Purple Rain.

Stop.

Mike lost his convincability in the black community.
After thriller fully on the fiasco with the police car.
After previous fiascos with towing the line of race.
actually resulted in him being burned.
Plus added on to the stark look of how.
he changed his complexion.
Plus we as black people had to take up false public care in community and pr.
Which has spun out of control.
As we excuse brothers for going out of the house and showcasing a lack of home training.
That makes urban intellectual sense.

Not to mention not giving full accountability.
to and where it should be placed.

This is a hiphop culture based forum of the four pillars. In the new school way of thought

We do not keep.up this disco jiggy androgynous pagan bullshyt ruse.

That toys and ducks.
come here to try and fake front like they are bboys.

The new school way of thought distinctly is against and is about moving forward from this brand of androgynous knowledge of self lacking idea of pop culture.
Which as we can see.

From how this gen has no wherewithal of the truth.
Where we live in a world.
That reflects disco54 with no civil rights movement.
having real impact moving forward.

We live in a world.
where the phrase.
Keep it real
The phrase keep it real.
was wrongly misappropriated by the prison industrial economy. In league with the communications act and then in later discoveryzone with the administrative chsnge to affirmative action.
Which has become this discovery zone to applied knowledge. That is undoing things which once were in the black community. Plus undoing key distinct things found in the general black home.
Let alone the actual new school way of thought.
Which is distinctly against that style of androgynous pagan knowledge of self lacking imagery and content.

In the regards to prince and mike.
Hiphop would have never had a gateway.
For all of us to become bboys in that time frame. Then and also create the new school way of thought.
from the ol school way of thought.

All that pop disco androgynous pagan flirting bs is from ol school way of thought studio 54 meets jiggy dj hollywood to house ducks and new jack swing sellouts. None of that shyt is regarded as new school bboy way of thought in the pillars. Anybody speaking like that shyt cool was looked at as a toy.
Unless they had some long con parody skit they was rocking. Past that.

A duck is a duck a toy is a poser and a toy.

If you accepting of these types of things like they were dope past that era. Yousa toy and a duck.

In hiphop new school way of thought and history.
You supposed to have all your history in tact.
To be trying to tackle a discussion of pop stars.

Or you will expose yourself.

I see toys and posers.

You can not fool no real bboy in the new school way of thought about this.

Toys and ducks from the gateway breaking movie pop era.
who never really assailed into the new school way of thought after the roxanne wars. Think they can come and fool y'all and oh no uh uh.

I ain't going.

This is a new school way of thought pillar based community.
Yeah you toys get to talk but you expose'n youself and it is only a matter of time.
before you fully ostracized and showcasing mecca envy.

It is the same cycle of lessons.
since after the roxanne wars to the boy king in ll to bdp.

Anybody not adhere'n to new school way of thought is a toy.
All that legacy pass shyt dead.

Keep it real.

If you not doing that.
The real is gonna expose you.

If anybody got anything wrong with what i said

We can play timeline of where mike and prince done out here culturally in hiphop. They are the top drawing pop constructs and draw. They are not new school way of thought hiphop culture constructs and draws at all.

Nor should they be given a pass.
In a new achool way of thought hiphop pillar or culture based sense.
As that ol school way of thought pass system shyt is why we are where we are.
As far as a society as a whole.
In hiphop new school way of thought culture and pillar based society.
That pass shyt never rocked ever.
If you sellout the new school way of thought.
You done.
Simple as that.

Art Barr